over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NPC News pictures

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Who is responsible for posting the competitor’s pictures (stage shots) on the NPC News web site??

I haven’t seen one person yet that got more than a few of their poses actually hit right , most of the time it’s twenty pictures of 2-3 poses with pictures of the transition between.
you would think that if some kids aunt Becky that takes peewee foot team pictures can catch each mandatory at local shows with a 20 year $400 camera that they would have something decent at a pro qualifier show , especially for the ridiculously high entry fees.

here is an example , the overall winner of men’s classic at the North Americans yesterday , three poses and 17 in transition and zero from the back which sucks because the guy looks like he has a great back and hams.

Who is responsible for posting the competitor’s pictures (stage shots) on the NPC News web site??

I haven’t seen one person yet that got more than a few of their poses actually hit right , most of the time it’s twenty pictures of 2-3 poses with pictures of the transition between.
you would think that if some kids aunt Becky that takes peewee foot team pictures can catch each mandatory at local shows with a 20 year $400 camera that they would have something decent at a pro qualifier show , especially for the ridiculously high entry fees.

here is an example , the overall winner of men’s classic at the North Americans yesterday , three poses and 17 in transition and zero from the back which sucks because the guy looks like he has a great back and hams.
😂 I believe it’s the photographer who is contracted to shoot the photos.

I think this same thing every time I see my and others stage shots from shows- they snap the craziest pics of you between poses and shit.

Then I think “shit I paid $100 for this photo package.”

In their defense, I think many shows need more than one photographer (and maybe they have this) as it’s a lot to shoot at bigger shows so they’re rushing and getting what they can.

I am a professional photographer.

I think it is photo editor, promoter and a webmaster decision.

I have a hard time believing that the photographer was given orders to photograph only certain poses.

I agree though. It is wonky what they post up on the site. One would think they would know better.

I have a hard time believing that the photographer was given orders to photograph only certain poses.
^^^my "layman's" perspective ..BUT .."orders" probably not given ..perhaps that level of quality may just be the best that "they" can do?

..don't think these photographers are on your level

IME; ..high-level photography ..esp for an event (..such as a wedding? etc.) is EXPENSIVE

^^^my "layman's" perspective ..BUT .."orders" probably not given ..perhaps that level of quality may just be the best that "they" can do?

..don't think these photographers are on your level

IME; ..high-level photography ..esp for an event (..such as a wedding? etc.) is EXPENSIVE

All good comments.

While “event” (weddings, conventions, etc.) photography is not my forte as I specialize in movie stills and stock photography, I suspect they are given a good seat and told to photograph each pose . . . that is what would do.

Where and how the photos are used is typically out of the photographers control. You don’t own the photos just like a cinematographer does not own the film he shoots a movie on unless prior arrangements have been made (doubtful).

There are some exceptional physique photographers (Chris Lund for example) but is typically for prearranged photo shoots, not competition. Bodybuilding show photographers, I have no clue who does them. It really is very easy assignment. You just set-up your camera camera settings and shoot like a mad man so you don’t miss anything. That is what I would do. And it would be no big deal for me.

Expensive? I have no clue for the competition photos, the ‘staged’ shots for magazines (RIP) cost more because of location fees, lighting, makeup, and the creativity and skill of the photographer. I don’t come cheap . . . $1000 per day and am pretty sure the really good physique photographers get more but I really don’t know.

Hope this helps.

All good comments.

While “event” (weddings, conventions, etc.) photography is not my forte as I specialize in movie stills and stock photography, I suspect they are given a good seat and told to photograph each pose . . . that is what would do.

Where and how the photos are used is typically out of the photographers control. You don’t own the photos just like a cinematographer does not own the film he shoots a movie on unless prior arrangements have been made (doubtful).

There are some exceptional physique photographers (Chris Lund for example) but is typically for prearranged photo shoots, not competition. Bodybuilding show photographers, I have no clue who does them. It really is very easy assignment. You just set-up your camera camera settings and shoot like a mad man so you don’t miss anything. That is what I would do. And it would be no big deal for me.

Expensive? I have no clue for the competition photos, the ‘staged’ shots for magazines (RIP) cost more because of location fees, lighting, makeup, and the creativity and skill of the photographer. I don’t come cheap . . . $1000 per day and am pretty sure the really good physique photographers get more but I really don’t know.

Hope this helps.
It would be great if they would get more photographers like you to shoot the shows as we the competitors pay $100-$200 each for the photo package so could cover your daily rate.

But as you said above- they have to work around the crowd, judges, and competitors- and there is only one of them so I can imagine they’re doing the best they can to get the shots in.

It would be great if they would get more photographers like you to shoot the shows as we the competitors pay $100-$200 each for the photo package so could cover your daily rate.

But as you said above- they have to work around the crowd, judges, and competitors- and there is only one of them so I can imagine they’re doing the best they can to get the shots in.
Did not know the competitors were paying for a photo package for the stage shots. Makes sense to me in retrospect.

The only physique photography I have done is when I was allowed backstage (eons ago) and from the few bodybuilders I have trained. I like doing it and I think I am good at it but there are only so many hours in the day 🙁

That wold be, for me, a piece of cake. But somebody has to do the editing and put the package together . . . maybe that is where things fall through the cracks.

All good comments.
^^^of course brother ..you'r the Pro in this thread/topic

While “event” (weddings, conventions, etc.) photography is not my forte as I specialize in movie stills and stock photography
^^^not you forte ..but you could do it

movie stills/stock photography > wedding photos ?? ..but i duno??

^^^true ..but for example ..can't photographers set the cam to "rapid-fire/automatic mode" & have several pics of basically the same moment?
(..i' guessing that's what you meant when you by the "shoot like a madman" approach that you mentioned?)

..& therefore giving the giving the "editor" more pics to choose from ..then maybe he would not have to select a "blinking" photo for the site

..it's seems easy enough on this side ..but have no idea how real-life-practical this actually is for the photographer?

^^^"EXPENSIVE" is a really relative term ..i probably should not have used it

..if you get what you want ..it's never expensive IMO

..i only picked "wedding pics" as an example bc i'v had some friends share the cost of their wedding photos

..marriage is not/was not ever on my bucket-list ..hence why i used/chose the term "expensive"

(..i'm not married ..only told @LATS that to stop his naked pic PM's)

Hope this helps.
^^^YES ..Pro insight into any subject helps

For real, I've been to a few shows where its set on a timer.

^^^of course brother ..you'r the Pro in this thread/topic

^^^not you forte ..but you could do it

movie stills/stock photography > wedding photos ?? ..but i duno??

Been there, done that. Weddings are the hardest. (Sports is too.)

You only get one shot at a wedding kiss.

Movies and TV, you get many chances . . . retakes, rehearsals and
coverage from different angles gives multiple chances. And it is
already lit for you
:)

^^^true ..but for example ..can't photographers set the cam to "rapid-fire/automatic mode" & have several pics of basically the same moment?
(..i' guessing that's what you meant when you by the "shoot like a madman" approach that you mentioned?)

..& therefore giving the giving the "editor" more pics to choose from ..then maybe he would not have to select a "blinking" photo for the site

..it's seems easy enough on this side ..but have no idea how real-life-practical this actually is for the photographer?

Yes, you can shoot in a high-frames-per-second mode. Intended for sports photography.
And weddings I suppose.

That is what you do . . . let'er rip. Bound to get a keeper. I do a lot of editing in camera
(digital) and then at home so clients don't get to see my giant fuck-ups. It is practical
and easy but eventually you have to produce the money shot.

Some film productions, they download my stills on site so I really have to cover my ass.
I can't take them home with me, process and return, which is what I prefer. It is a security
issue. Have to sign NDA's. No cell phones (think camera) allowed so no images are
leaked to the press.

^^^"EXPENSIVE" is a really relative term ..i probably should not have used it

..if you get what you want ..it's never expensive IMO

..i only picked "wedding pics" as an example bc i'v had some friends share the cost of their wedding photos

..marriage is not/was not ever on my bucket-list ..hence why i used/chose the term "expensive"

(..i'm not married ..only told @LATS that to stop his naked pic PM's)

^^^YES ..Pro insight into any subject helps

Digital images cost nothing to produce. It is the storage / archival costs that mount
over time. I have 2, 10 terabyte drives, one is for back-up. But memory costs have
plumated over time. Cool.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity