advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The All Things 2023 Mr. Olympia Discussion Thread - News, Pics, Predictions etc.

AllOkJumpmaster

Registered
Newbies
We are right at 6 weeks out from the start of the 2023 Mr. Olympia Contest Weekend which seems like a great place to get an official thread going. Talk about recent news, who is looking good, who has predictions for the divisions they care about. (I know there was some chatter in the Hadi thread, but this way anyone that wants to discuss the contest can find this easily by the title)

The only thing I feel extremely confident in is that Chris wins Classic again, with Terrance, Ramon, Urs, and maybe Mike in the top 5.

Open I feel like is Derek's to lose, but this one is a bit too far out for me to feel really good about picking

Below is the current list of qualified competitors for each division.

Updated September 18, 2023

2023 MR OLYMPIA

Brett Wilkin (USA)
Hadi Choopan (Iran)
Derek Lunsford (USA)
Nick Walker (USA)
Brandon Curry (USA)
Mamdouh Elssbiay (Egypt)
Samson Dauda (United Kingdom)
Behrooz Tabani (Iran)
Tony Burton (USA)
Ross Flanigan (USA)
Iain Valliere (Canada)
Michal Krizanek (Slovakia)
Phil Clahar (USA)
Andrea Presti (Italy)
Hassan Mostafa (Egypt)
Justin Shier (USA)
Roman Fritz (Germany)
Hunter Labrada (USA)|
Chinedu Andrew Obiekea (UAE)
Kamal Elgargni (Libya)
Nathan De Asha (United Kingdom)
Regan Grimes (Canada)

2023 212 OLYMPIA

Felipe Fierro (Chile)
Shaun Clarida (USA)
Angel Calderon Frias (Spain)
Kamal Elgargni (Libya)
Ahmad Ashkanani (Kuwait)
Felipe Moraes (Brazil)
Kerrith Bajjo (USA)
Piotr Borecki (Poland)
Andrei Melnikov (Russia)
Roman Iushchenko (Ukraine)
John Jewett (USA)
Chris Jones (USA)
Fabrizio de Souza Moreira (Brazil)
Naser Mohamed (Kuwait)
Keone Pearson (USA)
Hidetada Yamagishi (Japan)
Oleh Kryvyi (Ukraine)

2023 CLASSIC PHYSIQUE OLYMPIA

Woilid Baatout (France)
Chris Bumstead (Canada)
Ramon Rocha Queiroz (Brazil)
Urs Kalecinski (Germany)
Mike Sommerfeld (Germany)
Eric Brown (USA)
Daniil Famponte (USA)
Andrei Kozhokar (Russia)
Michael Daboul (United Kingdom)
German Pastor (Spain)
Eric Wildberger Lisboa (Brazil)
Samuel Paquin (Canada)
Damien Patrick (USA)
Damian Kuffel (Poland)
Vahid Badpei (Iran)
Laszlo Kiraly (Hungary)
Antoine Loth (Spain)
Carlos Dommar (USA)
Fabio Junio Ramos Vale (Brazil)
John Le (Canada)
Marcus Perry (USA)
Diego Alejandro Galindo (Brazil)
Matthew Greggo (USA)
Stephane Matala (France)
Jared Thompson (USA)
Jae Hun Park (South Korea)
Alejandro Cambronero (Costa Rica)
Eduardo Oliveira (Brazil)
Shicheng Jin (China)
Shi Tian Wang (China)
Wesley Vissers (Netherlands)
Christopher Ziller (Germany)

2023 MEN’S PHYSIQUE OLYMPIA

Mehdi Kabbadj (Morocco)
Ming Chieh Tsai (Taiwan)
Kahlia Ramzi (Algeria)
Corey Morris (USA)
Erin Banks (USA)
Brandon Hendrickson (USA)
Diogo Montenegro (Brazil)
Mahmood Al-Maghrabi (Bahrain)
Emanuel Hunter (USA)
Mauro Fialho Garcia, Jr (Spain)
Carlos DeOliveira (Brazil)
Benquil Marigny (USA)
Riccardo Croci (Italy)
Derrick Stevenson (USA)
Ryan Terry (United Kingdom)
Emmanuel Costa (Brazil)
Daniel Ammons (USA)
Andre Ferguson (USA)
Vinicius Mateus Veiro Lima (Brazil)
Vitor Chaves (Brazil)
Joseph Lee (USA)
Victor Manuel Ramirez Chavez (Costa Rica)
Bhuwan Chauhan (India)
Sidy Pouye (Spain)
Yoon Sung Lee (South Korea)
Jason Huynh (USA)
Anderson Arruda (Brazil)
Jeremy Potvin (USA)
Drew Cullen (USA)
Ismael Dominguez (Mexico)
Arya Saffaie (USA)
Rodrigue Chesnier (France)
Febo Gambacorta (Italy)
Rafael Oliveira (Brazil)
Jonas Jamena (Philippines)
Jeremiah Maxey (USA)
Joven Sagabain (Philippines)
Edvan Palmeira (Brazil)
Ali Bilal (Belgium)
Ayoub Sulayman (Libya)

I really like Derek and want him to win. But watch his chest video today that he put up. He’s not holding the size like Samson and Hadi as he doesn’t have that muscle maturity. I feel it will be just like last year where Hany will have to keep him filled out on stage throughout the show for him to keep up.

Thanks for consolidating the threads!

CBUM isn’t going anywhere this year. He’s gone Rocky 4 style and built his own gym to train out of for this year.

Attachments

• IMG_4084.jpeg
    IMG_4084.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 83
CBUM isn’t going anywhere this year. He’s gone Rocky 4 style and built his own gym to train out of for this year.
I know it is cliché, or the popular thing, but I have always loved Chris. Between the Carhartt hoodie all last prep, to I'll never forget doing cardio on a treadmill during the 2020 Olympia...he came out later, and the second he walked out I screamed out "its fucking over" you could tell without seeing him next to anyone that he was the clear far and away winner. I love Ramon's physique and Terrance physique too, but they just are not there yet to take down Chris. he would have to be massively off. I like Ramon's physique better, but I love Urs personality better. Although the fact that Roman learned enough English to be able to thank his dad and his US fans in English, and not use a translator at the Arnold was pretty epic.

212 will most likely be some arrangement of Kamal, Shaun, and Keone. Not confident enough to make a prediction yet, but I do feel like Keone has all the tangibles to win it. Shaun obviously has proven himself, but I just don't find his physique aesthetically pleasing at all, like at all. He may win because I ain't shit, I just don't see him beating an "on" Keone. That said my "personal favorite" on that list is John Jewitt. I know he doesn't have the physique to win, but just an all-around great dude, I'll be rooting for him. Ahmad Ashkanani has the potential to be a darkhorse imo.

I see this shit after posting up my back shot today and think “yup I’m done.” 🤣 Kidding. But damn… this is his show to lose.

Pics from Milos’s personal page 6 weeks out.

IMG_4236.jpeg

My prediction

1. Derek
2. Samson
3. Hadi
4. Nick
5. Andrew
6. Brandon
7. Krizo

But Hunter will probably get another gift and place ahead of Krizo

That top 4 is what I have, but its going to be very tight between those 3 I believe. Any of those 3 can win.

Not going to happen! He pulled out of the O

https://fitnessvolt.com/big-ramy-out-2023-olympia/
Didn’t see that earlier, just his IG post.

I for one think it’s a very smart move for him. Wouldn’t be surprised or blame him if he retired. He’s been Mr. O and the best in the world.

There are too many hungry and talented guys at the top level right now.

Didn’t see that earlier, just his IG post.

I for one think it’s a very smart move for him. Wouldn’t be surprised or blame him if he retired. He’s been Mr. O and the best in the world.

There are too many hungry and talented guys at the top level right now.

In the article he says he plans on doing the O next year. He just turned 39, so he'll be 40 for next years O...time is not on his side.

That top 4 is what I have, but its going to be very tight between those 3 I believe. Any of those 3 can win.
Derek against Samson is going to be so interesting because their builds are so different and 5'6 vs 5'11. I know Nick has some limitations compared to those 2, but everytime I had doubted him he proved me wrong.

ive said it before, and i'll say it again

when Nick is able to pull a solid vacuum, it's over

if i was in his shoes - with people going on and on about how im 'blocky', that's all i would be focusing on..

he talks a big game about proving people wrong. pulling a Derek-esque vacuum on stage would shut every last hater up

It's kind of weird that people are just writing off Hadi and it's automatically Derek vs Sampson
Hadi beat Derek last year and Hadi was kind of OFF for Hadi conditioning standards, if he brings back super dry and Sliced Hadi it is going to take something REALLY SPECIAL to beat him. Not saying he can't be beat but someone is really going to have to bring the heat to be an ON POINT Hadi. Screenshot_20230924-080702_Google.jpg

I think it depends on politics. If Hadi shows up 100% he should win. If politics are involved then it’s very possible Samson or Derek wins. They’re far more active on social media and good for the brand.

I may take some heat for saying that, but anyone who doesn’t think there is politics in this sport is kidding themselves.

I think it depends on politics. If Hadi shows up 100% he should win. If politics are involved then it’s very possible Samson or Derek wins. They’re far more active on social media and good for the brand.

I may take some heat for saying that, but anyone who doesn’t think there is politics in this sport is kidding themselves.
I just browse instagram and dont follow things to much but hadi has almost 5 million followers on there?

It's kind of weird that people are just writing off Hadi and it's automatically Derek vs Sampson
Hadi beat Derek last year and Hadi was kind of OFF for Hadi conditioning standards, if he brings back super dry and Sliced Hadi it is going to take something REALLY SPECIAL to beat him. Not saying he can't be beat but someone is really going to have to bring the heat to be an ON POINT Hadi.View attachment 183150

True

I feel like Derek spent a considerable amount of time last year on the fence of competing in open or staying in 212, and as a result, wasn’t able to bring his best

Now that he’s had a full year of growth, it will be interesting to see what he can achieve

I just browse instagram and dont follow things to much but hadi has almost 5 million followers on there?
Hadi has 227 total post on IG. That’s one platform. How many YouTube videos have we seen of Hadi? Guest appearances?

Compare that to the thousands of post and weekly videos from Derek, Walker and Samson. And they’re in the US which makes them more accessible.

Again, politics aside Hadi should win IMO. If he comes 100% he will be the best on that stage. He’s too far ahead of all of them size, muscle maturity and conditioning wise.

But if I’m looking at it from a business stance… one of the other three are better for business. Look at the Master’s O. Hide has been on everything since wining the Master’s O and making tons of appearances.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131