over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much are you shrugging?

This is me, time under tension, slow and controlled. Even at my biggest ever I rarely went over 405 with shrugs, all it did was strain my neck. My traps grew pretty easily back in the day. My goal wasn't to have the strongest traps it was to have the biggest traps
View attachment 193465
Every time I see your back man lol I say wtf???? Your back is genuinely freakier than 99% of ifbb pros. Awesome

@OP, try 315lb and hold the peak contraction for a count of 10 seconds. Then lower the barbell nice an slow, like for 5 sec, then repeat. At first it won’t feel like much, but the more reps you churn out the burn will get super intense. By rep 8 your traps should be screaming!

Cage

Seeing some one do a full range of motion with a shrug is rare in the gyms were i train. Sometimes i only see the muscles straining trying to move the weight. Pulling back and up to my ears is not what i did in my early years when i was doing 1000 pound shrugs. 2-3 inches was probably about all i moved it. Stopped shrugs for many years as rowing was enough work for my traps. Started back in recently but the poundage isn't waht it was but the range of motion is far better.

Seeing some one do a full range of motion with a shrug is rare in the gyms were i train. Sometimes i only see the muscles straining trying to move the weight. Pulling back and up to my ears is not what i did in my early years when i was doing 1000 pound shrugs. 2-3 inches was probably about all i moved it. Stopped shrugs for many years as rowing was enough work for my traps. Started back in recently but the poundage isn't waht it was but the range of motion is far better.
No sh*t, sometimes you realize they're shrugging solely because their eyebrows go up and down

@OP, try 315lb and hold the peak contraction for a count of 10 seconds. Then lower the barbell nice an slow, like for 5 sec, then repeat. At first it won’t feel like much, but the more reps you churn out the burn will get super intense. By rep 8 your traps should be screaming!

Cage
But that doesn't make a good thread title though 😅

I LOVE shrugs :/ always have. But no need to go heavy on those anymore. Lots you can do with 45-55 lbs dumbbells when it comes to shrugs. You can make them heavy, just takes a few mins ;)

This is me, time under tension, slow and controlled. Even at my biggest ever I rarely went over 405 with shrugs, all it did was strain my neck. My traps grew pretty easily back in the day. My goal wasn't to have the strongest traps it was to have the biggest traps
View attachment 193465
I grew up on this shit !! 😍😍😍

Cage
I will try that next week :)

do your shrugs match your dosage
Do you "traps" match your dosage!

I understand guys who say they are getting better growth by doing lighter weight (although I think even when focusing on higher reps and squeezing the contraction, you should still be lifting heavier than 99% of guys in the gym if you are actually trying to get freaky)

What I don't understand is guys who dont have freaky traps saying they dont train traps anymore

Bboys traps looked great back in the day in that picture, and i will assume they still look like that on him (I dont know)

But no one else in this thread (from what I know) has freaky ass traps, not even Luki. I checked his instagram and there are plenty of pictures of him where his traps basically disappear. Big freaky dude, but would look a lot more awesome with some truly nasty freaky traps up to his ears

saying " i dont train traps " is equivelant to saying " i dont train arms "

really dude ? you dont want bigger arms ? you think nasty traps popping up to your ears isnt just as awesome ? you think anyone is gonna fail to notice some big ass traps ? traps are one of the few muscles that only super jacked up bodybuilders and truly muscular dudes have.. lots of dudes have decent pecs, wide set broad shoulders.... you know what only a bodybuilder has ?

johnniejacksontraps.jpg

if your traps dont look lilke that ^^^^ and you arent training traps... whats your excuse ? you dont think that looks awesome ?

I will try that next week :)

Do you "traps" match your dosage!

I understand guys who say they are getting better growth by doing lighter weight (although I think even when focusing on higher reps and squeezing the contraction, you should still be lifting heavier than 99% of guys in the gym if you are actually trying to get freaky)

What I don't understand is guys who dont have freaky traps saying they dont train traps anymore

Bboys traps looked great back in the day in that picture, and i will assume they still look like that on him (I dont know)

But no one else in this thread (from what I know) has freaky ass traps, not even Luki. I checked his instagram and there are plenty of pictures of him where his traps basically disappear. Big freaky dude, but would look a lot more awesome with some truly nasty freaky traps up to his ears

saying " i dont train traps " is equivelant to saying " i dont train arms "

really dude ? you dont want bigger arms ? you think nasty traps popping up to your ears isnt just as awesome ? you think anyone is gonna fail to notice some big ass traps ? traps are one of the few muscles that only super jacked up bodybuilders and truly muscular dudes have.. lots of dudes have decent pecs, wide set broad shoulders.... you know what only a bodybuilder has ?

View attachment 193520

if your traps dont look lilke that ^^^^ and you arent training traps... whats your excuse ? you dont think that looks awesome ?

Alot of that look there is genetic. Not everyone's traps pop like that, even when lean.

Did he do alot of shrugs or heavy deadlifts and rows ?

Also doing heavy shrugs all the time is going to add more wear and tear on your body.

I do 1 working set using a machine shrug. I will either do 2 rp or 2 drop sets. So it's 1 instense set. I've tried doing bb shrugs after some rows for shit and giggles. Using a machine to isolate my traps works way better for me

I will also say the tittle of the thread you could have changed abit.

Such as how do you train your traps?
Then ask what exercises, how often, what rep range and not make it just about poundage

I start off with plates and i do slow reps with a 3 count squeeze at the top and slow down then I just add a quarter or plate each side till I get no more than 6 good ones.

Then with a dumbbell in each hand I do the as about but start with 40's and just 5lbs and am slightly leaning forward

Then i do some upright rows and I use light weight start at barbell 30lbs x 20 reps I do them fast but controlled. I keep my breaks short and keep adding 5lbs until I get no more then 6 reps and they can get ugly.

i always train traps with shoulders

I start off with plates and i do slow reps with a 3 count squeeze at the top and slow down then I just add a quarter or plate each side till I get no more than 6 good ones.

Then with a dumbbell in each hand I do the as about but start with 40's and just 5lbs and am slightly leaning forward

Then i do some upright rows and I use light weight start at barbell 30lbs x 20 reps I do them fast but controlled. I keep my breaks short and keep adding 5lbs until I get no more then 6 reps and they can get ugly.

i always train traps with shoulders

So how many total sets roughly?

My traps are little over developed compared to my shoulders so I don't train them very much, but I still do shrugs now and then. I agree with what bboy said, slow and controlled, squeeze not just up, but also back (I lean forward a 5-10 degrees). I also really like doing them Yates style, with dumbbells, slightly bent forward, bending the elbows a bit to get extra ROM and hit the mid part of the trap as well not just the upper part.

Originally, my traps got huge from just deadlifting.

So how many total sets roughly?
well lets see i start off at 135/185/225/275 and recently been getting to 315(I will not use heavier weight than 315 on anything) so there is 5 but I do them from the front and back but from the back (which i forgot to mention) I am lucky to get passed 225 on back so 3 there total of 8
exersize 2 40/45/50/55/60/65/70/75/80/85 i usually bomb on that 10 there
exersize 3 i am pretty smoked but 30/35/40/45 or 50 is about it so 4-5
so 22-23 roughly

well lets see i start off at 135/185/225/275 and recently been getting to 315(I will not use heavier weight than 315 on anything) so there is 5 but I do them from the front and back but from the back (which i forgot to mention) I am lucky to get passed 225 on back so 3 there total of 8
exersize 2 40/45/50/55/60/65/70/75/80/85 i usually bomb on that 10 there
exersize 3 i am pretty smoked but 30/35/40/45 or 50 is about it so 4-5
so 22-23 roughly

Damn so 20 sets just for traps?

How many for shoulders ?

That's alot of sets for just 1 workout

Damn so 20 sets just for traps?

How many for shoulders ?

That's alot of sets for just 1 workout
yea I am there for awhile for shoulders its really a lot of shoulder presses as my left shoulder does not allow me to do flys. some days I can do front raises some days I can't but if I do its 3 sets
I do barbell presses 3 sets
I have been getting away with doing rear delts on the pec machine which is usually 4 sets total
then I do dumbell presses 3 or 4 sets
then after I do traps I use this machine at the gym which is basically another shoulder press for 3 sets
all is real slow and controlled and a lot of repetition as its really the only thing I can do to feel like I actually worked them.
I had shoulder surgery and was out for about 11 months last year so shoulders/traps are all light weight slow and controlled. This is probably not how I would train if my shoulder was fine. Though I am pretty sure the weight I use on shoulders that everyone on this site has several women at their gym that use more weight than I do. ive said this before and ill say it again I am probably the use the least weight out of anyone on the site and I am not bragging about that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131