mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Enlarged heart and 40% EF. Appreciate any help.

m87r

Registered
Newbies
I´ve been in the hospital since sunday. Back home now. Discovered that I have an enlarged heart and 40% EF with that.

I would apperciate any help to improve my condition.

These are my prescribed meds

Ramipril 2,5 mg morning/night
Metoprolol 50 mg morning/25 mg night
Eplerenon 50 mg morning

I was already before this on

Telemisartan 40 mg ed
Ezetimibe 10 mg ed

My plan is to drop down to 200-300 mg test for now. Do cardio 30 min 5-6 days a week. Keep up total steps every day around 10 k or so. Reduce my training to 4 days a week instead of 5 days. After some time do som HIT also 1-2 times a week or so. I weigh roughly 265 lbs now plan to drop down to 245 lbs or so to help my heart. 5´10 in height.

All supplements I plan to run

Ubiqernol at 300-400 mg ed
Curcumin 800 mg ed
D-ribose 5 g ed
Taurine 5 g ed
K vitamin
D vitamin
Creatine 5-10 g ed
Glutamin 10 g ed

Are there anything you would add or take away from this? Any other tips? I appreciate every tip you all can give.

My plan was to probably stop competing after my next show. But this stopped me 3 weeks before the prep should have started.

Did they say yet why your EF is low and why your heart is enlarged? E.g. is it HCM or athletic remodelling? Are you symptomatic?

This is usually done with an MRI and then genetic testing.

For context, I have DCM.

Did they say yet why your EF is low and why your heart is enlarged? E.g. is it HCM or athletic remodelling? Are you symptomatic?

This is usually done with an MRI and then genetic testing.

For context, I have DCM.
They don´t know why my heart is enlarged. I home but I will do more testing for this. Will do a MRI soon. And test the P-Troponin each week now for 4 weeks. The doctors maybe thing that I have a little high P-Troponin always.

They don´t know why my heart is enlarged. I home but I will do more testing for this. Will do a MRI soon. And test the P-Troponin each week now for 4 weeks. The doctors maybe thing that I have a little high P-Troponin always.
Did they test your BNP?

Were any other markers raised in any of your bloodwork?

What were your symptoms that lead you to hospital?

I learnt a lot about heart disease over the last few months as I went through this entire process after being hospitlised with Afib resulting in cardioverison. Thats how the diagnostic process began for me.

Push for an MRI asap.

I don't know much about your diagnosis but years ago I read some articles that studied this in AAS users. Abstinence from AAS use resolved it in time for most of those affected. Not something you want to hear but that's what I've read. It's your responsibility to read up on the condition, look at the circumstances and the data out there and plot your course, hopefully with a good physician.

You've omitted the biggest piece of information - why were you admitted to the hospital?

Agreed with Daniel here...and also, push for a MRI and perhaps a stress echocardiogram which help determine how your heart and blood vessels are working.

I don't know much about your diagnosis but years ago I read some articles that studied this in AAS users. Abstinence from AAS use resolved it in time for most of those affected. Not something you want to hear but that's what I've read. It's your responsibility to read up on the condition, look at the circumstances and the data out there and plot your course, hopefully with a good physician.
That only tends to work where the enlargement is a result of athletic remodelling and/or androgen mediated remodelling. Detraining and cessation of AAs usually shows a reduction within 6 weeks.

If it is genetic factor, e.g. HCM then it doesn't. An MRI and genetic test is usually faster and safer. That is what I have been through myself.

You've omitted the biggest piece of information - why were you admitted to the hospital?
I had trouble breathing. So I went to the ER. The breathing got better when I inhaled combivent.

I will also be investigated for astma. I think I might have some light astma aleast when I get sick.

I´ve had myocarditis before around 18 years ago.

Blood vessels are good. No blocked cononary vessels.

Did they test your BNP?

Were any other markers raised in any of your bloodwork?

What were your symptoms that lead you to hospital?

I learnt a lot about heart disease over the last few months as I went through this entire process after being hospitlised with Afib resulting in cardioverison. Thats how the diagnostic process began for me.

Push for an MRI asap.
Trouble breathing was my symptoms that got better after I got Combivent. Don't think anything else was raised no. Blood work was good 7 weeks ago when I got regular blood work done.

The MRI will be done. Not sure exactly when though. 1-2 weeks probably.

Trouble breathing was my symptoms that got better after I got Combivent. Don't think anything else was raised no. Blood work was good 7 weeks ago when I got regular blood work done.

The MRI will be done. Not sure exactly when though. 1-2 weeks probably.
The EJ can be managed/ improved with the right medication. Id get under a cardiologist ASAP.

They will likely give you an echocardiogram too if they haven't already.

I had breathlessness too alongside the afib. It can be frightening but hang in there mate. There are some great cardiologists out there.

The EJ can be managed/ improved with the right medication. Id get under a cardiologist ASAP.

They will likely give you an echocardiogram too if they haven't already.

I had breathlessness too alongside the afib. It can be frightening but hang in there mate. There are some great cardiologists out there.
I´m under a cardiologist care. Have gotten an echocardiogram.

When I rested my heartrate was 75-85 and then when I walked around up to 100.

When I got in to the ER my bloodpressure was 125/73. So my bloodpressure is not high. I have never had more than around 140/90 and that was a long time ago.

I´m under a cardiologist care. Have gotten an echocardiogram.

When I rested my heartrate was 75-85 and then when I walked around up to 100.

When I got in to the ER my bloodpressure was 125/73. So my bloodpressure is not high. I have never had more than around 140/90 and that was a long time ago.
Second most important pieces of information:

What are your stats?

What’s your usage been like the last 6-12 months with gear and dosages?

When was the last time you had heart screening done?

They said there was no blockages? They did a cath and CT angiogram I'm assuming or is this based off a stress test?

What’s your vitals been prior to this? RHR and blood pressure?

I have more questions and feel free to DM me, but I’ll start there before weighing in.

That only tends to work where the enlargement is a result of athletic remodelling and/or androgen mediated remodelling. Detraining and cessation of AAs usually shows a reduction within 6 weeks.

If it is genetic factor, e.g. HCM then it doesn't. An MRI and genetic test is usually faster and safer. That is what I have been through myself.
You sound like someone that sees this a lot in your profession. How probably is it that this is HCM versus DCM? Isn't DCM more prominent in older unhealthy patients and not in young athletic patients?

Second most important pieces of information:

What are your stats?

What’s your usage been like the last 6-12 months with gear and dosages?

When was the last time you had heart screening done?

They said there was no blockages? They did a cath and CT angiogram I'm assuming or is this based off a stress test?

What’s your vitals been prior to this? RHR and blood pressure?

I have more questions and feel free to DM me, but I’ll start there before weighing in.
My stats are

36 years old
5´10
265 lbs
Abs, seperation on quads, back, arms(good offseason shape)

Competed in 8 bodybuilding shows over 10 years. Had 6 years off competing during these 10 years.

Last year or so has been mostly on 2-2,5 g per week. GH at 5-7 iu ed most of the time. Have cruised a couple of times for 6-7 weeks at 300 mg test and 3-5 iu GH.

Last time I had heart screening was like 12 years ago. It´s not something I can get when I want in my country.

CT angiogram was done. No blockage.

My vitals like blood pressure has been around 130/75 or so. Not to high. But I have used Telmisartan at 40-80 mg ed. RHR not to sure have checked a while back and then around 70-75.

I´ve been in the hospital since sunday. Back home now. Discovered that I have an enlarged heart and 40% EF with that.

I would apperciate any help to improve my condition.

These are my prescribed meds

Ramipril 2,5 mg morning/night
Metoprolol 50 mg morning/25 mg night
Eplerenon 50 mg morning

I was already before this on

Telemisartan 40 mg ed
Ezetimibe 10 mg ed

My plan is to drop down to 200-300 mg test for now. Do cardio 30 min 5-6 days a week. Keep up total steps every day around 10 k or so. Reduce my training to 4 days a week instead of 5 days. After some time do som HIT also 1-2 times a week or so. I weigh roughly 265 lbs now plan to drop down to 245 lbs or so to help my heart. 5´10 in height.

All supplements I plan to run

Ubiqernol at 300-400 mg ed
Curcumin 800 mg ed
D-ribose 5 g ed
Taurine 5 g ed
K vitamin
D vitamin
Creatine 5-10 g ed
Glutamin 10 g ed

Are there anything you would add or take away from this? Any other tips? I appreciate every tip you all can give.

My plan was to probably stop competing after my next show. But this stopped me 3 weeks before the prep should have started.
That’s a good stack for heart health. Definitely drop down to TRT. No fat burners, etc. perhaps also add in Pycnogenol at 200-300mg. I had a few other things in my stack but quite a bit of crossover with what you posted. I went from 26% EF to 55% EF and it has held steady at 55% for two years now

That’s a good stack for heart health. Definitely drop down to TRT. No fat burners, etc. perhaps also add in Pycnogenol at 200-300mg. I had a few other things in my stack but quite a bit of crossover with what you posted. I went from 26% EF to 55% EF and it has held steady at 55% for two years now
Yes I plan on Pycnogenol at 200 mg also. Thank you for the info. I have looked around before I posted the thread and seen that you had great results.

My stats are

36 years old
5´10
265 lbs
Abs, seperation on quads, back, arms(good offseason shape)

Competed in 8 bodybuilding shows over 10 years. Had 6 years off competing during these 10 years.

Last year or so has been mostly on 2-2,5 g per week. GH at 5-7 iu ed most of the time. Have cruised a couple of times for 6-7 weeks at 300 mg test and 3-5 iu GH.

Last time I had heart screening was like 12 years ago. It´s not something I can get when I want in my country.

CT angiogram was done. No blockage.

My vitals like blood pressure has been around 130/75 or so. Not to high. But I have used Telmisartan at 40-80 mg ed. RHR not to sure have checked a while back and then around 70-75.
While that’s a lot of usage and years of stress on the body, it’s a good sign that this is a “new” and isolated occurrence.

As well that you truly do have no blockages.

An MRI is the gold standard as others have said as it will be the most accurate at giving your EF rate and finding if any damage has been done within the heart.

It’s not uncommon for people to have had an event and not even be aware of it.

But if this is isolated and recent I would look to the factors around when it began and what triggered or started it.

If you were on tren or MENT I could see this being a factor to push things over the edge. If not then I would really dive in with a good sports cardiologist to get to the root of it and the severity.

There is a difference between a standard cardiologist, interventional cardiologist and a sports cardiologist. You’ll need the last two in this case with a good sports cardiologist managing your health IMO.

This could be something such as athletes heart or more. That’s why a sports cardiologist would be ideal.

https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-conditions/blood-heart-circulation/athletes-heart.html#:~:text=Athlete's%20heart%20(AHS)%20is%20an,can%20lead%20to%20sudden%20death.

There’s been a ton of great supplements and things recommended. I’d personally move beta blockers to Nebilivol, but you’re covering all the bases. I’d just look to find the root piece that triggered all this.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelson Camryn
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws