over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

7 reasons why to load up cars before bed

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I remember one of the well known trainers in here also said carbs before bed are actually good

-----
REASON #1

You need to rebuild your glycogen stores to fuel performance. Skeletal muscle will recover from even the most strenuous workouts within 48 hours. Your nervous system, in contrast, can take up to 10 days to return to normal. To understand this, you have to compare the workloads of both your nervous system and your muscles. In terms of their relative capacities, your nervous system works much harder than your muscles do when you train hard. When you have sufficient glycogen in reserve, you’re allowing your motor neurons to fire at a higher level during training. This, in turn, allows your muscles to fire with maximum force.

REASON #2

You need glucose for maximal contraction as sets approach failure. When you approach the anaerobic point during training, your muscles need glucose to continue contracting during the glycolytic (glucose-burning) cycle. Making sure your glycogen stores are full will allow your muscles to use fatty acids during training until the need for glucose arises. It’s at this point that glycogen is broken down and used. Eating high-glycemic carbs at night will give you the glucose you need; eating low-glycemic carbs won’t.

REASON #3

Your glycogen levels may help muscular growth. This point has been debated just about everywhere, and there are valid points on both sides. Research, however, has shown that full glycogen reserves help limit the protein breakdown caused by training sessions. They also increase glycogen usage during your training session(s) the following day. When I talk about replenishing your glycogen levels, then, I’m not talking about recovering from today’s workout. I’m talking about helping you prepare for tomorrow’s.

REASON #4

High-glycemic carbs won’t kill your nighttime growth hormone release. Eating low-glycemic carbs before bedtime will disrupt nighttime release of growth hormone, which is an incredibly powerful fat burner and lean-tissue builder. Your body won’t release growth hormone while you sleep until approximately two hours after your blood sugar and insulin levels return to normal. Low-glycemic carbs will keep your insulin and blood sugar levels elevated for hours, which is obviously bad. High-glycemic carbs, however, create a spike that ends within an hour or so of eating. In other words, eating junk replenishes your glycogen stores without interfering with your nocturnal HGH cycle. If you’re trying to work Carb Back-Loading with brown rice and whole-grain toast, you won’t get the results you’re looking for. This is precisely why.

REASON #5

If you train in the early morning, you can get a bigger boost from your post-training nutrition. Believe it or not, there’s a sort of “insulin memory” to your nighttime carb feedings that extends to your next morning meal. Creating a larger insulin spike before you go to sleep causes a greater insulin response to food the next morning. Using Carb Back-Loading principles to tweak your diet for this training schedule, you can get a larger anabolic burst after your morning workouts.

REASON #6

Insulin is an anti-inflammatory. Large insulin spikes can help speed muscle repair and growth. Yes, you definitely need free-radical production during your training sessions to trigger growth, but too much will ultimately slow your progress. This effect is known as hormesis—a little is good, but a lot is bad. Using junk to cause large insulin releases can potentially decrease muscle protein breakdown and increase muscle protein synthesis
in even more ways than simple nutrient delivery.

REASON #7

Insulin release up to a certain threshold shuts down fat cells’ ability to release fat, and increases their ability to store it. Research released by the American Diabetes Association, however, found that once you drive insulin levels higher, it’s like flipping a switch that actually causes your fat cells to increase their ability to empty their fat loads. How do you accomplish this? You guessed it: with high-glycemic carbs, not their low-glycemic brethren.

- See more at: Your Carb Back-Loading Plan | FLEX Online

So a heaping bowl of white rice, a dash of butter and salt, maybe some ground beef mixed in before bed. Got it. Love it. Check haha

I learn so much from you guys, thanks. I was always under the impression that low glycemic right before bed would add too much fat. Thats why my last meal is a protein shake with some fats.

That all might make sense scientifically but unless i train late, none of it has been proven to be true for me. Maybe if you stay lean naturally then sure, but not me. I get much better results training early and keeping majority of my carbs in the first half of the day.

Honestly all of this new school carb-backloading high fat breakfast etc etc makes me look like shit very quickly. I am not debating it's merit but it DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY.

I sleep better with no carbs before bed too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I didn't read all of the original post but I've always been a big beliver in loading carbs pre bed ( for me). I sleep 10 x better. Workouts much better, I train carbless about an hour and half after getting up. I hold my water better over night so I don't wake to piss. I tend to stay leaner eating this way to. Carbs pre workout make me weaker every time. Also carbs tend to make me hungry and over eat so I like to sleep them off. I do Eat carbs all meals except breakfast but like more at night.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

That all might make sense scientifically but unless i train late, none of it has been proven to be true for me. Maybe if you stay lean naturally then sure, but not me. I get much better results training early and keeping majority of my carbs in the first half of the day.

Honestly all of this new school carb-backloading high fat breakfast etc etc makes me look like shit very quickly. I am not debating it's merit but it DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY.

I sleep better with no carbs before bed too.

Good points. Complete opposite to me but the take home point is we all respond differently. I fell into the habit of eating more carbs later in the day by just letting my body tell me what it Wants and when. I do it mainly for the improved sleep and more intense workouts. Truth be told I'd love to eat 100 carbs all 7 meals but there's a price to pay:mad:

Good points. Complete opposite to me but the take home point is we all respond differently. I fell into the habit of eating more carbs later in the day by just letting my body tell me what it Wants and when. I do it mainly for the improved sleep and more intense workouts. Truth be told I'd love to eat 100 carbs all 7 meals but there's a price to pay:mad:

That is exactly my point, all different. I have tried this method a bunch of times because so much info is being put out daily that it is effective. People are having great results.

But after many attempts it just simply gets significantly shittier results than the old school on my body.

Always a good idea to have carbs an hour or two before bed when trying to pack on size in my experience

always eat within an hour of bedtime, my post dinner snack, a bagel, more of dinner w/e. I feel if I`m going to fast for 8-10 hours I need some food so I`m not breaking down muscle to feed myself, yes metabolism is slower sleeping, but I`m not getting fat doing this either, still wake up starving.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws