over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Alcohol is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectre

Newbies
It's been huge problem for over decades. I am not a weak person it just has a grip of me. I am considering admitting myself to rehab. It landed me an ambulance ride a few days ago. I want to step away and get back to the things I love.

helpful words please

Damn man sorry to hear that. Definitely get into a rehab. As far as helpful words, just keep digging man and don’t give up. It just gets a grip on some people.
Thankfully I’m not predisposed to it. I’ll have a beer or a glass of wine a couple nights a week right before bed to help me sleep and have no desire for more.
Hang in there bro.

Just wondering, are you married or in a relationship?

Damn man sorry to hear that. Definitely get into a rehab. As far as helpful words, just keep digging man and don’t give up. It just gets a grip on some people.
Thankfully I’m not predisposed to it. I’ll have a beer or a glass of wine a couple nights a week right before bed to help me sleep and have no desire for more.
Hang in there bro.

Just wondering, are you married or in a relationship?
No I haven't not been in one for a few years. ( I don't feel worthy of one). I cannot moderate, all or nothing

I'm curious. You have 2 posts, both in here re alcohol abuse. Why would you come to a BBing board to discuss this first? There are 100's of boards, helplines, and support groups dedicated to the topic. There is help available if you seek it out.

I drank heavily for 40 years, alcoholic from first sip (age 13) to last (age 53). Sober five years now.
Luckily Im a rare one I guess, no cravings and the thought of it now makes me sick (Once the dry out period ended). So many years wasted.
I was also very functional, still trained each day (albeit many were while wasted) still worked (same) but I functioned.
Just did it 5-6 nights a week 'til hammered or blackout, for like, forever. A good liver, I lucked out. AST/ALT at 23 each.

If you are saying these things you need to get to rehab. You will end up in jail or dead.
My ex-band mate just killed someone in a DUI crash, he's going to jail, and another family is in turmoil over an innocent life lost.
This shite is no joke, its deadly...

I'm curious. You have 2 posts, both in here re alcohol abuse. Why would you come to a BBing board to discuss this first? There are 100's of boards, helplines, and support groups dedicated to the topic. There is help available if you seek it out.
Good question. I have been around a long time just mostly read here. People know me other places I post and anon enough here to post about this. I started on the boards 2000 - 2001 ish. I was very active in the EF days.

@Spectre go to rehab.

Like now. Get off here, go get your affairs in order (job/animals) , tell family, and go. Jsut fucking go. Don’t think about, or like well maybe next week. Just drive to that rehab and walk in.

It’s scary. It’s hard. Is about to get a lot fucking harder. I went last may. You know what? It was hard. You know what? I wish I did it 3 years earlier.

Don't try to fight that dragon alone. Most lose. And the stakes are too high. You only get this life.

Addiction is the slowest, most painful suicide. Fuck that. You can beat it.

You stating this indicates you are out of pre contemplation and want to see change.

With any addiction there is always a "but" that fuels it. Get into rehab and figure out what that "but" is for you. You will instantly be in a group of people with the same goals. As @juggy38 said, its scary, its difficult, and its constant work. However, there is a better life on the other side.

I encourage you to do this. Now. I don't know how old you are, what you do, what you enjoy. But you have worth and deserves to get back to being the real you.

Best of luck.

Good question. I have been around a long time just mostly read here. People know me other places I post and anon enough here to post about this. I started on the boards 2000 - 2001 ish. I was very active in the EF days.
It was not my intention to appear insensitive or snarky. But the truth is, is that beating this with help will be hard enough, let alone by yourself. I concur with a 30-day inpatient rehab followed by AA or similar ongoing counseling. This is a life battle and you will fight it forever but it does get easier. I promise you. I dealt with men and women just like yourself for 17 years. No need to go it alone. The temptation is just too great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member