over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BJJ and Weightliftinng

tortugo_333

Sponsor Rep
Registered
Sponsors
Hey guys!! I have been a bodybuilder my whole life, lifting weights since I was 13 years old, playing football from elementary school till high school, then moved to bodybuilding, and I fell in love with the pump, gym camaraderie, and the daily changes that my body was experiencing thru all my diet phases. A few months ago, I made the complete transition to BJJ to start being more flexible and feeling that my body has more use than just pumping blood to my muscles and looking good naked. I'm 38 years old.

Any suggestion on the supplement (over-the-counter) or workouts? I'm just going to keep doing my TRT, but I do not have any plans (yet) on taking any steroids to do BJJ; who am I kidding? I love to be on gear. Still, I don't know how my body is going to react to them. Sometimes, we do 10-minute rounds, ten sets rolling, with guys that are sometimes 100 lbs lighter than me, and they keep submitting me.

Hey guys!! I have been a bodybuilder my whole life, lifting weights since I was 13 years old, playing football from elementary school till high school, then moved to bodybuilding, and I fell in love with the pump, gym camaraderie, and the daily changes that my body was experiencing thru all my diet phases. A few months ago, I made the complete transition to BJJ to start being more flexible and feeling that my body has more use than just pumping blood to my muscles and looking good naked. I'm 38 years old.

Any suggestion on the supplement (over-the-counter) or workouts? I'm just going to keep doing my TRT, but I do not have any plans (yet) on taking any steroids to do BJJ; who am I kidding? I love to be on gear. Still, I don't know how my body is going to react to them. Sometimes, we do 10-minute rounds, ten sets rolling, with guys that are sometimes 100 lbs lighter than me, and they keep submitting me.
@tortugo_333...Happy New Year.
Wait for @BigDaveSmith to chime in.
Very knowledgeable on this topic of yours.
Good luck for 2024.

MS

so just to be clear, you are looking for OTC supps for endurance for the BJJ sessions? Just don't want o make a recommendation without fully understanding the nd goal.

so just to be clear, you are looking for OTC supps for endurance for the BJJ sessions? Just don't want o make a recommendation without fully understanding the nd goal.
I think i went on different topics here but I would like to hear some advice for workouts and as well what kind of supplements to stack while I'm doing bjj

Being heavy while doing Bjj naturally helps, but I gas out quickly; my joints can't handle the pain of trying to do some of the natural movements like pulling the gi or doing some chokes.

I think i went on different topics here but I would like to hear some advice for workouts and as well what kind of supplements to stack while I'm doing bjj

Being heavy while doing Bjj naturally helps, but I gas out quickly; my joints can't handle the pain of trying to do some of the natural movements like pulling the gi or doing some chokes.
While waiting for others to chime in, in the meantime search the forum. There's been relatively recent threads on this exact topic.

Search keyword BJJ should produce enough results to keep you busy for a while.

I knew one guy that like to use creatine as it would add some water weight on him and he would drop it 3 weeks out from a comp. I myself do not like rolling with the extra weight from creatine. I have trained with some pretty high up ufc guys and they wont taking anything at all, supplement or otherwise. Most people who do jitz also lift and a good portion of them take steroids. I never met anyone that only takes jitz and juices to my knowledge. but a multi, preworkout, and some protein is pretty much it. ive a good friend that won no gi worlds one year and he wasnt taking nothing special. I did various forms of martial arts for about 10 years but really liked jitz. met a lot of great people. I know guys that get the diminished cardio efffects from tren and still run it. No one is knowing dry compounds coming up to a competition or anything they pretty much take whatever. Thats my experience with it

Cardio Cardio Cardio. That is what will keep you rolling. I prefer Zone 2 Cardio. The more the better. That is the first thing I feel in my rolls - if I neglect my cardio, my gas tank just sucks. Also, thinking in seasons and just accepting the trade-offs. In my deepest offseason when I really push the food I will only go to 2, maximal 3 technical classes per week, all in Gi, and maybe have 3-4 rolls after class, then pack it up and go home. Over the Spring and Summer when I am cutting down, I ride the bicycle every morning for 2-3 hours EOD, and lift weights on the other day, and roll every night, going to all classes, gi and no-gi, and every open mat I can make time for.

Give this here a watch, imho it covers everything you need to know how to combine weights and rolling:

As for supplements, the usual stuff. Zinc, Magnesium, enough salt if you sweat a lot, Vit B12, Vit D3, Krill or Fish Oil.

Cardio Cardio Cardio. That is what will keep you rolling. I prefer Zone 2 Cardio. The more the better. That is the first thing I feel in my rolls - if I neglect my cardio, my gas tank just sucks. Also, thinking in seasons and just accepting the trade-offs. In my deepest offseason when I really push the food I will only go to 2, maximal 3 technical classes per week, all in Gi, and maybe have 3-4 rolls after class, then pack it up and go home. Over the Spring and Summer when I am cutting down, I ride the bicycle every morning for 2-3 hours EOD, and lift weights on the other day, and roll every night, going to all classes, gi and no-gi, and every open mat I can make time for.

Give this here a watch, imho it covers everything you need to know how to combine weights and rolling:

As for supplements, the usual stuff. Zinc, Magnesium, enough salt if you sweat a lot, Vit B12, Vit D3, Krill or Fish Oil.
I'm right there with you and zone 2 cardio. Ive been doing 2hrs a day. 2x1hr on the stairs. Zone 2. Walk away drenched in sweat. Have to build that cardio base. Been doing it 6-7 days out of the week since November.

10 x 10 minute rolling will get even the best of us beat down. I can no longer do such time on the mat. Beats the shit out of me. With sessions like that, the balance and timing of training will be key along with big emphasis on rest.

Are you still lifting? How much weight have you dropped since starting jiu jitsu?

My 10 year advice would be to trust yourself and your body when you need a break or feel if you need to train less frequently. So many guys come in so motivated they beat themselves to death training and decide its not for them

thank you for the video, lots of great information there!!! yes thats the type of cardio that i put on priority, lately my rolls have been getting better by only doing basic movements at the gym twice a week, upper body tuesdays, lower body thursdays and my rolls have been getting better as well as a lot of stretching, i get to the jitz gym riding my bike that its about 30-40 minutes ride from my house to the gym early in the morning

10 x 10 minute rolling will get even the best of us beat down. I can no longer do such time on the mat. Beats the shit out of me. With sessions like that, the balance and timing of training will be key along with big emphasis on rest.

Are you still lifting? How much weight have you dropped since starting jiu jitsu?

My 10 year advice would be to trust yourself and your body when you need a break or feel if you need to train less frequently. So many guys come in so motivated they beat themselves to death training and decide its not for them

10x10 rolling sessions are brutal!! i still cant get used to them. yes, I still lift weights, but not as consistently as I used to. I hurt my left shoulder, and I feel that im really losing mobility on that shoulder; this morning, I tried used to squat the bar, and immediately, I felt my nerve pinching on that side I couldn't do it. so I was thinking of incorporating some stretching or even some yoga every other day to improve my mobility.

as a white belt i agree that when your body says I'm tired you should take a break, i injured my left knee 4 months ago trying to get ready for my competition (no gi)

thank you for the video, lots of great information there!!! yes thats the type of cardio that i put on priority, lately my rolls have been getting better by only doing basic movements at the gym twice a week, upper body tuesdays, lower body thursdays and my rolls have been getting better as well as a lot of stretching, i get to the jitz gym riding my bike that its about 30-40 minutes ride from my house to the gym early in the morning

Oh, I forgot about Chad Wesley Smith, he has a lot of really relevant stuff on combining weightlifting and sports. He has a playlist for BJJ, I really recommend it. Lots of great information, better than anything you would learn in a sports science course.

I have a simple game, I go for the same 3-4 take downs, almost always go for pressure pass, get into side control or kesa gatame, and see what submission I can go for. Roll 95% in gi though, I suck in no-gi haha. But what I was getting at -> what helped me the most after getting down my Fundamental techniques was not doing weird youtube techniques, using imari rolls, inversions, worm guard and whatnot. No, fundamentals + good conditioning made me really good. A lot of zone 2 cardio + dedicated Tempo Intervals 3-4 times per week (see the Conditioning for BJJ Video in the playlist).

Edt: 10 min rolls are way different than 5 minute rolls. I would not be good at those, I'm used to 5 max. Requires a lot of pacing and being aware of your gas tank. Imho they sound a bit boring though, like a lot of stalling from both sides. Because who can go hard for 10 minutes 😂... for 10 rolls in succession! The last three 10 min rolls I would just lie flat on the mat lol

I have a simple game, I go for the same 3-4 take downs, almost always go for pressure pass, get into side control or kesa gatame, and see what submission I can go for. Roll 95% in gi though, I suck in no-gi haha. But what I was getting at -> what helped me the most after getting down my Fundamental techniques was not doing weird youtube techniques, using imari rolls, inversions, worm guard and whatnot. No, fundamentals + good conditioning made me really good. A lot of zone 2 cardio + dedicated Tempo Intervals 3-4 times per week (see the Conditioning for BJJ Video in the playlist).
thank you for the advice, sometimes I overthink about what to do in my attack game, i like to do ichi mata take down that its one of the easiest ones that I can do, and my submission game is 95% chokes, from the top mount mostly, lately i have been able to time perfectly loop chokes, as well lasso chokes (gi) but im trying to not watch youtube videos to not oversaturate my head from the million different chokes that you can see on Instagram reels.

confessions of a white belt with 2 stripes.

Been BB since 03. Brown belt. Best advice is to keep your AAS to no more than 300mg week. I find the best balance between size and cardio is my TRT dose of 40mg deca 160mg test weekly.

Been BB since 03. Brown belt. Best advice is to keep your AAS to no more than 300mg week. I find the best balance between size and cardio is my TRT dose of 40mg deca 160mg test weekly.
This.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner