over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mixed athlete (hybrid/ironman/hyrox/bjj) mega thread

Curious what you think of the Bear crawl? A guy at gym I see doing them at the end of shoulders for a finisher and he has pretty capped delts...only see him doing ohp then crawls no side delt work but they pop
The idea that bear crawls would build big shoulders is one of the most laughable ideas ever put forth here and that's saying something.

Curious what you think of the Bear crawl? A guy at gym I see doing them at the end of shoulders for a finisher and he has pretty capped delts...only see him doing ohp then crawls no side delt work but they pop

If I had one warmup/mobility exercise to prepare for whatever the fuck is behind door #1…..bear crawl would probably be it.

Hips, ankles, shoulders, torso…all getting worked

Oh as a “exercise” for performance or size? No no.

As a work kinks and a quick warmup yes

Morning, answering on my phone so pardon any spelling errors.

I wouldn’t say it’s a size issue I’d say it’s a patterning/neurological issue paired with decreased ROM.

I always have running in my programming, my swim needs ebb and flow however. When I start folding either freestyle or CSS back into the fold I usually have insane cramps inferior to my knees of all muscle groups to include the foot.

When I drop my LSD runs and maintain my sprint sessions I maintain the required neural patterning. If you have a tread capable of a decline I am a big fan of setting it to a -1 and focusing on form for a bit. Get your gait back.

What’s the event?
That’s great news to know it’s not the weight and it’s really just a neuron issue. I’ve been working on the ROM. Big problem for me right now even though I’m super flexible with squats/leg presses.
I’ve gotten to the point where I can run in my old form, but damn my knees are killing me when I do. No other knee pain day to day or during lifting. Think my quads are just so tight

Sorry, should have said before, it’s just a 5k run. I also don’t want to be the big slow guy trotting in the rear. My cardio is actually really good right now. I usually do sessions mixing Assault bike/rower/stair master and sometimes prowler sled. Z2 mostly and HIIT a couple times a week.
So I just need to get my body used to running. What do you think the best way to get my body back in running shape the next month?
Unfortunately I can’t find a treadmill with a decline but I did find a large hill I can do some strides and “repeats” on

A couple years ago I was playing adult tackle football. I want to play again but where I am at now the closest team is 3.5 hours away, and they play against teams that are 6-7 hours away. If I was to get the chance, I would shift my training the following ways:

(1) no "failure" training. Always leaving 3-4 RIR or more. Focus on going as fast and being as powerful as I can through the positive, using exercises that translate to the field

(2) exercises directed towards the field. leg day would be primarily pulling a weighted sled, and doing sprints uphill, high box jumps, things like that.. upper body would be push/pull movements, nothing that is trying to isolate any particular muscle, but more simulating shedding blockers, blocking, pulling people to the ground, throwing them to the side, would try to find a gym with a "jammers" machine

(3) diet would essentially be the same, maybe slightly less calories, more vegetables, but gear would shift completely, just a mild dose of testosterone, maybe a small bit of equipoise, nothing else

How do you guys handle avoid getting sick? During Fall and Winter, I always catch something from my wrestling/bjj classes. It is mostly young guys, not old fucks like me, so they come in with a mild flue or cold (probably not even feeling it). And it knocks me out 2-3 weeks, feeling like death every time. Always some respiratory shit, Throat/Lunges getting infected.

How do you guys handle avoid getting sick? During Fall and Winter, I always catch something from my wrestling/bjj classes. It is mostly young guys, not old fucks like me, so they come in with a mild flue or cold (probably not even feeling it). And it knocks me out 2-3 weeks, feeling like death every time. Always some respiratory shit, Throat/Lunges getting infected.

I work with kids and teens. The first year I was sick literally 1/3 of the year. Now I’m basically immune to even HIV and Ebola.

Seriously though…..2g liposomal vit C 4-5x a week. Break it up into 750mg doses. Keep it away from training or on off days.

That and 25mg added zinc pre bed daily.

That’s great news to know it’s not the weight and it’s really just a neuron issue. I’ve been working on the ROM. Big problem for me right now even though I’m super flexible with squats/leg presses.
I’ve gotten to the point where I can run in my old form, but damn my knees are killing me when I do. No other knee pain day to day or during lifting. Think my quads are just so tight

Sorry, should have said before, it’s just a 5k run. I also don’t want to be the big slow guy trotting in the rear. My cardio is actually really good right now. I usually do sessions mixing Assault bike/rower/stair master and sometimes prowler sled. Z2 mostly and HIIT a couple times a week.
So I just need to get my body used to running. What do you think the best way to get my body back in running shape the next month?
Unfortunately I can’t find a treadmill with a decline but I did find a large hill I can do some strides and “repeats” on

Dropped you a PM with some programming mate. Exact program I utilized before getting ready for a selection based event. Worked very well for me.

I have 1-2 servings of athletic greens per day which usually keeps me covered. If I do get sick, start getting worn down, etc. I will grab a 1 liter meyers cocktail with lactated ringers (not saline).

I'll snag a small cold once every 2-3 years, I just take a day or two and let me immune system get some reps 🤷‍♂️

I have 1-2 servings of athletic greens per day which usually keeps me covered. If I do get sick, start getting worn down, etc. I will grab a 1 liter meyers cocktail with lactated ringers (not saline).

I'll snag a small cold once every 2-3 years, I just take a day or two and let me immune system get some reps 🤷‍♂️
I inject 1/2 an ML of maxi-b complex twice a week too..started doing it in my early 20’s..in my late 30’s now

For shoulder conditioning and systemic sling activation I haven't found much out there better than bear crawls...
They definitely hit the shoulder different than any exercise anyone thinking they are a joke is missing out

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131