over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Carbs intra and post

youngbeast2231

Registered
I typically train around 530 am. I wake up and eat my first meal which consists of 5 whole eggs 5 whites cooked in macadamia nut oil with 1/2cup of cream of rice measured pre cooked in case anyone wanted to know. This meal is consumed at 445 so I have a little time for it to digest. I mix in 2 scoops of glycofuse which is a high molecular weight carb that is fast digesting with no sugar. Love this product btw. My pumps are unreal. My question is this. Should I consume another 2 scoops post workout with my whey isolate or is this being counterproductive bc I haven't really broken down muscle glycogen bc I've been supplying it with carbs and aminos during the workout?

45 minutes prior to training you eat that? I'd be so bloated I think. I have to have a little over an hour to hour and half before training.

Depends on your goals. I personally do a pre/during/and post shake with carbs and protein in each(different types of protein in each shake)

45 minutes prior to training you eat that? I'd be so bloated I think. I have to have a little over an hour to hour and half before training.

Yeah man I'd like to sit around a little longer but I have class at 8 so I have to be out of the gym by 7.

Depends on your goals. I personally do a pre/during/and post shake with carbs and protein in each(different types of protein in each shake)

Goals are to put on size. Currently 5'11 240 at 10 percent. What carbs and how many pre/intra/post

Goals are to put on size. Currently 5'11 240 at 10 percent. What carbs and how many pre/intra/post

Well stats would help. How big are you? Rough bodyfat estimate? Are you making gains with what your doing now?
Heres what i do. Keep in mind im 6ft and 258 right now. Pre is 40 grams of karboload with 20 grams whey iso. During is 80 grams of karboload with 15 grams peptopro. Post is 60 grams maltodextrin with 25 grams whey iso. 1 hour later I eat a solid meal with 60 grams of protein and 80 grams of carbs

DOH! Missed where you posted your stats. I think something like 40/40/40 would work and then can be adjusted after a couple weeks depending on what your seeing

i think the food plus glycofuse (i love that too) would cover you. but i think it also could vary depending on how long you wait to eat your next meal. i like doing glycofuse during, isolate immediately post. then wait an hour and eat. i never felt depleted, but again everyone is different

Pakulski always stresses no carb before workouts. But I think that's only good if your natural Endo/Meso like myself.

For mass I feel carbs are essential around workouts. And if your gonna go out and eat like shit it's best to do it right after a workout.

But this is what I feels best for myself as just a healthy overall balance.

Pre(1 hour before) 1 cup oatmeal/1 scoop whey

Intra: BCAA and amino complex. (No carb during training, hard to catch a pump)

Post- 32 oz Gatorade with small carton of liquid all whites

45 minutes later 1 cup white rice and 9 oz chicken breast.

This is a clean way to do it.... Now I've done just a massive bulk that was sloppy as shit which looked like that except post workout I'd eat a steak cantina bowl from Taco Bell with extra steak and 2 seven layers and cinnamon balls. Talk about bloated.

I do something similar...food about 60 minutes before training, PeptoPro & Glycofuse during training.

I have (John Meadows does my nutrition) a solid food meal (beef and rice) about 60 minuted post workout.

He says that if you're covering your intraworkout with such a shake, you should be good to go, with regard to the peri-workout window.

I'd say do what you're doing , (and God bless you for being able to handle that much food so close before your training!) and just have some solid food an hour after training.

Alright guys thanks for the help. I've worked with john oreagan before and he had me doing so many shakes around workout time I couldn't even eat post workout. Some of his methods were out of this world. Pre workout shake was whey, cup of oats, vitargo, aminos, and Gatorade. Intra was Gatorade vitargo aminos. Post was the same as pre except for grape juice instead. Then I would do some slin and drink more grape juice and vitargo. My workouts would suffer because of how bloated and miserable I was. Keep in mind that my pre workout shake was an hour after 10 oz chicken and 12 oz sweet potatoes.

I can't do protein during my workouts..it bogs me down way way too much. your body slows down because it wants to digest the protein..I use karbolyn intra workout primarily for my slin usage and for my occlusion training to refill my glycogen.

Have you tried a hydrolyzed whey or casein?

I felt the same as you until I started using PeptoPro. 20g or so starting 15 minutes pre workout and sipping on it with my GlycoFuse (HBCD) throughout the workout and it runs out of my stomach as fast as water!

I can't do protein during my workouts..it bogs me down way way too much. your body slows down because it wants to digest the protein..I use karbolyn intra workout primarily for my slin usage and for my occlusion training to refill my glycogen.

Aminos or even better...hydrolyzed protein...or BEST imo...hydrolyzed casein will all work intra workout since they pretty much bypass the digestive process.

As Aikman stated, Peptopro+Glycofuse is pretty fantastic. I'm itchng to try Plazma though which is an all in one.

Never even considered using protein powder intra. Always just used 10 grams of aminos. Might try out the peptopro

I was always against this, and had the stupid mind set of it being bro science, i will never change from it now! When dieting most my carbs will come around this time. Off season i ended up at the following protocol

1-1.5hours before work out 120g carbs from rice with about 7oz chicken

pre workout shake 20g waxy maize with pre workout drink

intra 60g carbs with bcaas

post workout 100g carbs from cereal with about 50g protein, never once really feel bloated badly or uncomfortable, cant wait to be up to those numbers again lol

I've always gotten fat on anything much over 250-300g carbs or so, but I'm continually amazed at how many of those little buggers I can consume during that 4-hour or so window without feeling bloated or getting fat.

lol I'm currently eating 900g carbs a day :eek:

I think I might have to call BS on this haha..

What's your diet, fruit loops and Burger King?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws