over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Current Style of Training You Prefer:

What Is Your CurrenT Style of Training?

• DC/HIT Type of training

Votes: 337 39.7%
  • High Volume

Votes: 180 21.2%
  • Sling-shot (alternating between high and low volume)

Votes: 110 13.0%
  • High Frequency Training with moderate/low volume

Votes: 152 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 8.1%

• Total voters
I jumped from a 3 day/week split onto Phil's routine. I won't talk about specifics, but I think I'm going to like it! It sounds good, to me, and I can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow.

i've been doing low volume/high frequency work for so long that i forgot how to train with high volume :D ... I like to do a depletion workout the week before a contest, and when that time comes, it just feels weird to spend 60-75 minutes training :confused: ....
Always looked worse whenever i switched to high volume...

Buselmo, what does your depletion workout look like the week before competition and do you reduce or eliminate cardio that week? Just interested in what you mean by that (I assume high reps, high sets, light load, and little rest btw. sets)?

Id say a variation based on your bodies response.

So I switch between DC and Dorian Yates routine [the one he used first if anyone can remember it]

I can safely say that doing 6 weeks DC one week rest, 6 weeks DY, one week rest, DC + FST, one week rest etc etc allows me to continously get good results and also to fill in the gaps that any one training system has.

I have been training low volume high frequency. Pretty much a 3 on 1 off split(group all muscle groups into 3 separate workouts--(ex chest/back, legs, shoulders/arms). Sometimes I take 2 days off depending on how I feel recovery wise. I also like DC training alot as well. DC taught me alot about training and is very helpful if your priveledged enough for him to take you on as a client. I was fortunate in that aspect. I find DC training to be the most productive when I have a consistent training partner. Currently I am under the guidance of Phil using his training philosophies. Honestly there are some very similarities in my opinion---but are different! ;) Mental1

You can be a little more explicit ? I want to try this method. Thank you

what is Phils training style? I dont think ive ever heard or read about it

i like to do whatever i feel i want to do that day....could be low volume heavy weights...could be high volume high rep...just whatever i feel up to for that day i just make it as intense as possible

what do you think about this?

what do you think about this?

Day1: Chest\Back supersets

Barbell Bench Press 4x8-6
Chin-up 4x8-6

Incline Bench Press 4x8-6
Bent-over Row 4x8-6

Dumbbell Bench Press 3x10
Seated High Row 3x10

Day2: Shoulders + Arms in supersets

Seated Military Press 4x8-6
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3x12-10
Rear Lateral Raise 3x12-10

Barbell Triceps Extension 4x8-6
Dumbbell Curl 4x8-6

Cable Pushdown 4x10-8
Cable Curl one Arm 4x10-8

Day3: Legs

Buselmo, what does your depletion workout look like the week before competition and do you reduce or eliminate cardio that week? Just interested in what you mean by that (I assume high reps, high sets, light load, and little rest btw. sets)?

sorry, didn't visit this thread in a while...
but usually if the contest is on a thursday (that's the weekend here, like a saturday everywhere else :eek:) i'd train quads, hams, biceps and triceps for as many sets as i can with a weight that's considered a warmup weight... 15-20 reps... until i get fed up.. LOL! then i do my evening cardio after that...
sunday, i'd do chest, back and delts the same way.. then do evening cardio
monday is just morning cardio then i get around 3 days rest til thursday...

I was my biggest (and heaviest) when i didn't do shit with regards to depletion and what not, but i also didn't deplete my water (the open weight contest i did)... but i only did that cuz i didn't need to make weight... i just skipped my wednesday workout and only ate a little food that day to shrink my stomach a bit... thursday i just drank some coffee and water and ate 3 or 4 chunky caramel kitkat bars and some redbulls... ummmm... i mean... some sweet potatoes and baked chicken breasts!!! LOL!!!

IDK what my style falls under now but I train 4 days a week but weights only 3 the 4th day is carido and abs only along with some body weight stuff to mix it up. The volume is moderate about10-15 sets total per workout. Training like that I seem to put on better quility muscle and I sstay fresh but I dont get much stronger.

When I train more of a H.I.T/DC style I get strong as shit but I am worn down after 22 months or so. But I feel like I always have a pump when training that way.

Well

IDK what my style falls under now but I train 4 days a week but weights only 3 the 4th day is carido and abs only along with some body weight stuff to mix it up. The volume is moderate about10-15 sets total per workout. Training like that I seem to put on better quility muscle and I sstay fresh but I dont get much stronger.

When I train more of a H.I.T/DC style I get strong as shit but I am worn down after 22 months or so. But I feel like I always have a pump when training that way.

Hence the Blast/Cruise. If you blast for 22 months:eek: of course you're going to be worn down. Blast for 2 - 3 months, take 2 weeks off. You wont get worn down.

High frequency low volume is absolutely king for me.

I've experimented with lots of different styles of training. Some people do quite well only training 3x a week, but not me. I can't make any progress like that, especially in strength.

What I like to do is do heavy/light days. Like I will go heavy back/bis, with some light squats and hammy curls thrown in. Then do heavy legs a couple days later, with light back/bis. I think that this helps to keep the body signaling muscle growth in all areas.

Layed off from work back in January. 2 1/2 months ago switched back to power-bodybuilding. Stay between 3-8 reps on everything except arms and certain leg exercises where I go as high as 15 reps. Train complete body in 4 days and start over again. Only day off is Sunday. Eat sleep breath the gym past 4 1/2 years. Never ever have I been this lean while being freakishly strong at between 200-205lbs and would swear that literally every week noticable muscle size increase

im deff gonna read up on this DC traing it looks grat so far and i love lifting heavy

DC training. Since I switched from high volume, the gains have been nothing short of spectacular. I know it has to do a lot with having over trained for so long, and making minimal gains because of it, and then training in such a way that allows your body to actually recover efficiently, in turn allowing you to live up to your potential. I'm not gonna say I'll do DC forever, but I highly doubt I'll ever go back to high volume, and if I do go back it will be in poor judgment.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131