advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here has ever attempted Milos training style?

Probably miss quoting but roughly I think Justin Harris said it best “as long as you train hard enough to stimulate breakdown that’s enough” he goes on to say something along the lines of find a guy who just trains hard (within some reason) and eats BB foods progressively for years on end will make 95% of his progress VS the guy who spends all the time trying to figure out the 5% (that guys has been me) paralysis via analysis is real.

Specifically in regards to the Milos approach it may work but from what I’ve seen guys seem to do 1 season or prep with him then part ways no idea if that’s anything to do with the training but I think it would be very easy to burn out especially if utilising the twice daily workouts

Also remember most of the top guys you see using this approach (or any for that matter) grow doing literally anything
Exactly what a great way to sum it all up. Paralysis vs analysis is real. Similar to what I call chaos training. Just go for it instead of putting so much thought into what other guys are doing. After all you aren’t the other guys. Age brings wisdom and it comes in many forms. Total blitzkrieg on your muscles does work and And training just for the pump might not always produce growth but training to feel the muscle working versus just throwing heavy weight around sloppily isn’t always the best method for growth. Iv trained in so many different ways and methods and they all work to a certain degree it just depends how much heart and balls you put into it.You’ll stay in the gym injury free training for feel and pump for a lot longer. No one thinks about the longevity of it all until injuries change your mind on how you train. Hindsight is fucked. Trust me. If you wanna stay in this game till you’re old and gray you need to evaluate things and ditch that ego. Easier said than done. But I’m 52 and I’m still making progress without training heavy. I do everything by instinct,feeling the muscle actually doing the work and not trying to place undue stresses on connective tissue.

I don't care if I would legit look an Mr. O Contender doing Milos kind of workouts. They are not for me. I do my 3 hard workouts every week, a mix of Jordan Peters / Dorian Yates / Dante Trudell (DC). That is satisfying to do. Working my way up to one top set, then fuck myself up with a very challenging, high effort Cluster Set, onto the next exercise. If I try more than 3 of those workouts per week, I will crash after a 3-4 weeks, so three it is.

Where is the fun in doing those giant sets? I need my hard effort and high intensity.

I don't care if I would legit look an Mr. O Contender doing Milos kind of workouts. They are not for me. I do my 3 hard workouts every week, a mix of Jordan Peters / Dorian Yates / Dante Trudell (DC). That is satisfying to do. Working my way up to one top set, then fuck myself up with a very challenging, high effort Cluster Set, onto the next exercise. If I try more than 3 of those workouts per week, I will crash after a 3-4 weeks, so three it is.

Where is the fun in doing those giant sets? I need my hard effort and high intensity.
I used to do only low volume rest pause type training and had the same mindset. Then I finally tried some high volume stuff, meadows, Milos, even nubrets arms workout and imo the high volume is actually more intense. The feeling of having to stop a set and not be sure if it's pain or failure but you can't go on. I haven't had some triceps in years but meadows 200 rep tricep workout had me sore for days. Nubrets arm workout, never made noises while working arms and went through that much water in a workout before. If say definitely worth a try to switch it up.

I used to do only low volume rest pause type training and had the same mindset. Then I finally tried some high volume stuff, meadows, Milos, even nubrets arms workout and imo the high volume is actually more intense. The feeling of having to stop a set and not be sure if it's pain or failure but you can't go on. I haven't had some triceps in years but meadows 200 rep tricep workout had me sore for days. Nubrets arm workout, never made noises while working arms and went through that much water in a workout before. If say definitely worth a try to switch it up.
Agreed. In my current progressive phase we are doing giant sets for arms- bi’s after chest and tri’s after shoulders. 4 exercises, 4 rounds each.

As someone who’s also worked with Milos back in 2021, I had forgotten how hard these workouts were- especially after a larger bodypart.

I think a lot of guys just think it’s light weight repping volume. There is still negatives and pushing through new types of pain as you go through the rounds. The blood volume and pump is unlike any progressive overload method.

These workouts have their place during certain phases and on body parts like arms for sure.

I'm sure that it can work really well, especially John's Workouts have grown a lot of muscle mass on thousands upon thousands of lifters, Amateurs and Pros alike. John wasn't sought after for nothing, he really knew his craft, and I still don't think any one else comes close to his ingenuity, experience, and clever way of sequencing workouts to give you results. I still watch his Videos to this day, and throw in some of his workouts in my routine once in a while. I was more into high volume and high frequency in my younger years, I switched to this low frequency, high effort, high intensity style inspired by JP, DC and Yates relatively recently, like 2-3 years. And man, it is just so much fun chasing the numbers and beating the log book! It gives me something tenable and to track, something to work for instead of just feeling pumped up, which is more subjective.

In the End, I am just an amateur meathead, I'm good with looking big to the normal lay person, being strong - and just having fun in the gym. Since I don't compete, I don't really have to care about looking good on stage 😉, you know what I mean? A pro has to think about his workout and yearly plan a lot more in detail, and work on his weak spots etc, to give a convincing presentation on stage next to other big shredded bodybuilders. I just want to look big and jacked next to my wrestling dudes 😂.

Because I gotta be honest, if I am not having fun with a routine, I just won't stick to it.

Agreed. In my current progressive phase we are doing giant sets for arms- bi’s after chest and tri’s after shoulders. 4 exercises, 4 rounds each.

As someone who’s also worked with Milos back in 2021, I had forgotten how hard these workouts were- especially after a larger bodypart.

I think a lot of guys just think it’s light weight repping volume. There is still negatives and pushing through new types of pain as you go through the rounds. The blood volume and pump is unlike any progressive overload method.

These workouts have their place during certain phases and on body parts like arms for sure.
Do you take each exercise to failure? That's one thing I can't figure out from his videos. I 💬 dlb does giant sets for delts it's like..

Heavy DB partials side raise 10 reps
Lighter weight full side raises 10 reps
Bands partial top of range of motion 30 reps
Upright barbell row 15 reps

Repeat 4 times

When I usually do them it's to failure, arms for example

Skulls to failure (bout 20)
Same bar press to neck, get about 6
Spider curls till failure same bar
Close grip pushups to failure
Finish with barbell curls same bar to failure

Repeat 4x

I'm sure that it can work really well, especially John's Workouts have grown a lot of muscle mass on thousands upon thousands of lifters, Amateurs and Pros alike. John wasn't sought after for nothing, he really knew his craft, and I still don't think any one else comes close to his ingenuity, experience, and clever way of sequencing workouts to give you results. I still watch his Videos to this day, and throw in some of his workouts in my routine once in a while. I was more into high volume and high frequency in my younger years, I switched to this low frequency, high effort, high intensity style inspired by JP, DC and Yates relatively recently, like 2-3 years. And man, it is just so much fun chasing the numbers and beating the log book! It gives me something tenable and to track, something to work for instead of just feeling pumped up, which is more subjective.

In the End, I am just an amateur meathead, I'm good with looking big to the normal lay person, being strong - and just having fun in the gym. Since I don't compete, I don't really have to care about looking good on stage 😉, you know what I mean? A pro has to think about his workout and yearly plan a lot more in detail, and work on his weak spots etc, to give a convincing presentation on stage next to other big shredded bodybuilders. I just want to look big and jacked next to my wrestling dudes 😂.

Because I gotta be honest, if I am not having fun with a routine, I just won't stick to it.
Agree 100 percent. I think Milos does incorporate the heavy stuff too. I used to do some like this

Dip machine 1 set 20-30 to beat book
4 exercises in a row, giant set, 4 rounds
Heavy then pump

Do you take each exercise to failure? That's one thing I can't figure out from his videos. I 💬 dlb does giant sets for delts it's like..

Heavy DB partials side raise 10 reps
Lighter weight full side raises 10 reps
Bands partial top of range of motion 30 reps
Upright barbell row 15 reps

Repeat 4 times

When I usually do them it's to failure, arms for example

Skulls to failure (bout 20)
Same bar press to neck, get about 6
Spider curls till failure same bar
Close grip pushups to failure
Finish with barbell curls same bar to failure

Repeat 4x
Yeah he’s super vague on that. We did and I do with my plan now as well.

We do 4 rounds with rep scheme- 15,12,10,8. Rest 30 seconds between each round. Generally the same weight you start with will be what you stick with through all 4 rounds (excludes any warm up).

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws