over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DNP experience

Holy smokes, thank you for clearing this up for me. I always wondered why prep is so long for some guys 12-16 weeks, when they are starting at 10%, but now I get it, at the higher levels its about achieving a certain look not purely about getting low bf%, like you've once told me before, 5-6% contest prep looks different then 5-6% normal dieting on different drugs.
exactly - paradoxically many people are not aware of it

Hi guys, anyone feel cold feet when stopping the DNP cycle? what is the reason? T3 levels drop maybe?

I don't relate this to T3, but if it is winter it is possible to have cold feet while the rest of the body is hot.

Exactly. The issue is DNP can be easily abused because of it's dosing and most guys think more is better so that's why many had issues. Everyone started with approx 500mg and would use silly doses of DNP back in the day. I had mates running it telling me it was hell and they were on about 1g per day. No shit you feel awful on 1g DNP. Most guys even with 750mg will feel horrible and that was a standard dose to work up to. These doses could be very dangerous for some people.

As I just posted some people are super sensitive to it and 250mg per day is too much and 10 years ago everyone was using at least that and often much more. So all these guys who took too high of a dose had a bad experience and then they tell everyone DNP makes you feel shit. Those same guys still parrot that belief now and talk like it's poison destroying your insides whilst injecting high doses of tren etc and taking eca and clen to lose bodyfat.

DNP is dangerous in the wrong hands but massively effective in the right ones. Just use a dose so fat loss is great and side effects are controlled. Don't use it where you are burning up and can barely breathe and feel like shit. I am not stating it's for everyone and some may not like it but don't be an idiot when using it because it's not like dbol were you can add a few caps because you want faster results and it needs to be used with caution. No one is going to have bad issues taking it like I advise.
Well said! More is not always better!

Boys, I flew too close to the sun and shot myself right in the dick.

I gotta drop the DNP and get some calories back in ASAP, the question is, since I've been <50g of carbs, do I increase fats and hope that my body can run on ketones and stimulants? Or do I add carbs back in and just suffer through the sweating?

Background info: DNP plus PSMF, I was planning on just kick starting a cut with it but I actually felt better dieting (cortisol?) than I had previously so I kept going. Flash forward to now, eight days later, holy fuck, my brain has essentially stopped working and I have some tests coming up.

Boys, I flew too close to the sun and shot myself right in the dick.

I gotta drop the DNP and get some calories back in ASAP, the question is, since I've been <50g of carbs, do I increase fats and hope that my body can run on ketones and stimulants? Or do I add carbs back in and just suffer through the sweating?

Background info: DNP plus PSMF, I was planning on just kick starting a cut with it but I actually felt better dieting (cortisol?) than I had previously so I kept going. Flash forward to now, eight days later, holy fuck, my brain has essentially stopped working and I have some tests coming up.

DNP creates a nice size deficit on its own. Is this your first run? Hopefully not too aggressive on dose (which I don't see listed nor total cals or any other info). The combo of super aggressive diet and dnp can be rough. I felt a lot better with 2000 cals (still a big deficit for me plus the dnp) than I did with 1000-1500. Not much to go on though to give any real advice.

DNP creates a nice size deficit on its own. Is this your first run? Hopefully not too aggressive on dose (which I don't see listed nor total cals or any other info). The combo of super aggressive diet and dnp can be rough. I felt a lot better with 2000 cals (still a big deficit for me plus the dnp) than I did with 1000-1500. Not much to go on though to give any real advice.
Apologies brother, not my first time but its been years since I last used it.
250mg daily, frontload with 500mg on day 1.
Around 1500 calories, 3-400g protein + some flaxseeds for EFA.
My maintenance is (was) over 4k so the deficits been huge.

I would feel the same during any aggressive cut with or without DNP. DNP just makes it worse because you are in more of a deficit and burning through everything. I would just add some carbs back in. If you have important tests coming up I would add in various nutrient dense foods. Lot's of blueberries (help with tests and concentration etc), other berries, nuts, dark chocolate, greens, whole eggs etc. Come off the DNP then after your tests if you need to go back on do so but this time with an improved diet in regards to results and performance. That's not to state you can't go extreme again and do mainly protein but this time include more healthy fats and more fruits/berries/greens.

I would feel the same during any aggressive cut with or without DNP. DNP just makes it worse because you are in more of a deficit and burning through everything. I would just add some carbs back in. If you have important tests coming up I would add in various nutrient dense foods. Lot's of blueberries (help with tests and concentration etc), other berries, nuts, dark chocolate, greens, whole eggs etc. Come off the DNP then after your tests if you need to go back on do so but this time with an improved diet in regards to results and performance. That's not to state you can't go extreme again and do mainly protein but this time include more healthy fats and more fruits/berries/greens.
Yep, I've read this whole thread and definitely remember reading you talk about how people blame DNP when in actuality its the diet.
I started adding some carbs in for today, minor refeed of sorts.
Funnily enough I actual have 1 tbsp of cacao in the morning shake, and handful of blueberries in my night shake. I'll be adding more greens and healthy fats next time around for sure. I'll do as you say and take some time off for now.
I got greedy, the original plan was hard for 4 days, a few days chill, and than 4 days again.

Yep, I've read this whole thread and definitely remember reading you talk about how people blame DNP when in actuality its the diet.
I started adding some carbs in for today, minor refeed of sorts.
Funnily enough I actual have 1 tbsp of cacao in the morning shake, and handful of blueberries in my night shake. I'll be adding more greens and healthy fats next time around for sure. I'll do as you say and take some time off for now.
I got greedy, the original plan was hard for 4 days, a few days chill, and than 4 days again.

Extending those low days when fat starts melting off is easily done and only a good thing unless you have important tests where your mind has to be working optimally. DNP can definitely increase everything you are experiencing so it's not just the diet. I get tired on DNP myself and it can worsen the mental effects of dieting. Many call it diet brain and because I love my carbs in the times I have tried zero carbs (no dnp) that first week is ridiculous and I start forgetting simple things because my brain has no energy. None of these extreme diets are sustainable and it's why most only follow them for a few weeks max.

I would recommend blueberries (and other fruits high in anthocyanin flavonoids) daily for long term health/performance. Although on the day of your next exam I would recommend a larger amount (300g blueberries for example) a few hours before as they can acutely improve cognitive performance and many studies have shown this.

I would recommend blueberries (and other fruits high in anthocyanin flavonoids) daily for long term health/performance. Although on the day of your next exam I would recommend a larger amount (300g blueberries for example) a few hours before as they can acutely improve cognitive performance and many studies have shown this
I am absolutely going to try this out tomorrow, I am a blueberry fiend but usually only 40-100g at a time.

Also any recommendations for prebiotics or probiotics?
My cousin (RD) and I were spitballing to see if there were any reasons, besides cortisol, that I felt good physically and mentally the first few days of the PSMF.
1. Reduced inflammation, doubtful because majority of my carbs are from white rice which nearly everyone can tolerate
2. Increased BDNF from essentially starving myself/ketosis, possible but transient changes wouldn't really be perceptable
3. Microbiome, changes surprisingly rapidly (at least surface, core biome takes a while).

Always had issues trying to figure out which foods work for me, but now I realize its because I was looking at immediate post-meal effects, the day after is when I really notice differences.

I get exactly what you feel on that deficit and dose (ironically I just started a 2 week run and I do the 500 frontload and 250ED base as well). Diet is just too extreme and after a few days it makes it WAY harder than it needs to be. Another 500 cals from good sources and a bit of carbs (and I am a low carb guy all the time) makes a huge difference. Some fats are fine too. Go longer not harder.

Did anyone get the allergic reaction from it or just me? Got it the second/last time.

Transitioning from strongman into BB after 20 years and considering running DNP as part of the cut. Main thing that concerns me is the stuff I've read around cataracts. Anyone have experience around minimizing risk for developing those with DNP?

I am absolutely going to try this out tomorrow, I am a blueberry fiend but usually only 40-100g at a time.

Also any recommendations for prebiotics or probiotics?
My cousin (RD) and I were spitballing to see if there were any reasons, besides cortisol, that I felt good physically and mentally the first few days of the PSMF.
1. Reduced inflammation, doubtful because majority of my carbs are from white rice which nearly everyone can tolerate
2. Increased BDNF from essentially starving myself/ketosis, possible but transient changes wouldn't really be perceptable
3. Microbiome, changes surprisingly rapidly (at least surface, core biome takes a while).

Always had issues trying to figure out which foods work for me, but now I realize its because I was looking at immediate post-meal effects, the day after is when I really notice differences.

Reducing cals often makes most people feel great the first few days. Most people experience an energy boost and clearer mind the first few days of reduced calories. After more time that often leads to the opposite effect because the body has used up it's reserved sources and intake is low. For pre/pro-biotics there are many options such as green apples, psyllium husk, raw garlic, asparagus, raw honey, Jerusalem artichokes, under-ripe bananas, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir and natto.

I would recommend the foods and not the powders but I also take a product called Complete Gut by Biomel (in the UK) that isn't anything special by any means but a simple way for me to take it 25 billion live cultures, 6 prebiotc fibres and 5 digestive enzymes.

There are many great fruits/berries but on the subject of blueberries again they also increase BDNF.

The below link has lot's of great info on each fruits potential cognitive benefits. Below the link is a table summarizing many of those benefits from each fruit.

Table​

Neuroprotective effects of berry fruits
An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc.Object name is NRR-9-1557-g002.jpg

Did anyone get the allergic reaction from it or just me? Got it the second/last time.

I did when I upped to 2 caps of DNP. I had a massive allergic reaction. As a result I always use an anti-histamine when using DNP now and I have never had an issue since. I usually just go with something simple like loratadine. Benadryl would be a great option if someone wanted an anti-histamine that also makes them tired and that could be used pre bed. Some people get hot in the night on DNP so the later is a great option for the few weeks you are on DNP.

Transitioning from strongman into BB after 20 years and considering running DNP as part of the cut. Main thing that concerns me is the stuff I've read around cataracts. Anyone have experience around minimizing risk for developing those with DNP?

Minimum but very real especially in women. The most important thing is just using it sensibly and not abusing it for long periods. Although adding in lutein and astaxanthin should mitigate any damage to the eyes as they both provide protection from cataracts and macular degeneration. There are many good supps (vitamin e included) but the above 2 are especially good for eye health.

I had it pretty bad. Keeping an antihistamine on hand is a good idea.

I had swelling all over my body face head and hands. Breathing was fine, and the swelling was gradual. If it hit me fast I would gone to hospital earlier. I looked like the elephant man. ER gave me a double shot of whatever and I was fine.

I had just switched my fabric softener to Snuggle brand and that’s what I said in hospital. people at work called me Snuggles. 🤣

Reducing cals often makes most people feel great the first few days. Most people experience an energy boost and clearer mind the first few days of reduced calories. After more time that often leads to the opposite effect because the body has used up it's reserved sources and intake is low.
That makes sense, upregulation of cortisol makes me jump out of bed, its great.

For pre/pro-biotics there are many options such as green apples, psyllium husk, raw garlic, asparagus, raw honey, Jerusalem artichokes, under-ripe bananas, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir and natto.
Raw garlic... now that'll open up your nostrils. On the apples, kefir, kimchi though. I was looking at canned/frozen asparagus and artichokes yesterday, my god those are expensive.

I would recommend the foods and not the powders but I also take a product called Complete Gut by Biomel (in the UK) that isn't anything special by any means but a simple way for me to take it 25 billion live cultures, 6 prebiotc fibres and 5 digestive enzymes
I'm going to start with whole foods, maybe see if there is any products that are reasonably priced to see. My cousin, the dietician, says I should give it a shot if I'm increasing fiber anyways.

There are many great fruits/berries but on the subject of blueberries again they also increase BDNF.
Thats amazing, my three theories besides cortisol that increase energy during a cut, reduced inflammation, better gut biome, BDNF. Guess what? High fiber diets help with all that, brilliant!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackplace
NapsGear