mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does your leg size match your AAS dosage?

b-boy, I want to start out by saying you have an amazing physique with great insight for the sport of competitive bodybuilding. It’s my understanding that you perform approximately 12 total work set per body part once a week—not including warm up sets. My question for you is this—do you feel that training each muscle group ONLY once a week has been the most efficient way for you to gain muscle mass?

b-boy, I want to start out by saying you have an amazing physique with great insight for the sport of competitive bodybuilding. It’s my understanding that you perform approximately 12 total work set per body part once a week—not including warm up sets. My question for you is this—do you feel that training each muscle group ONLY once a week has been the most efficient way for you to gain muscle mass?
I would assume that’s why he trained that way

I honestly don't know the answer to that, all I know is that throughout my competitive bodybuilding career no judge has EVER told me that I needed more size, so I guess what I did was adequate FOR ME.

I honestly don't know the answer to that, all I know is that throughout my competitive bodybuilding career no judge has EVER told me that I needed more size, so I guess what I did was adequate FOR ME.
b-boy, have you ever experimented with training each body part twice a week like Ronnie Coleman did in his prime? For example, 9-12 sets for chest twice a week? And if you did, why do you prefer once a week body part training over twice a week? Thanks in advance!

So let's see who is being honest with themselves....do you think your leg size matches the amount of juice your running?

I will be honest with you all I've noticed quite a few dudes with pretty decent juice dosages with really under developed legs....what's the problem here? Do you put more emphasis on cycles than training? We all know leg day is one of the most taxing training days.

Thoughts? Opinions?
for myself legs need more volume than other body parts and there own training day

b-boy, have you ever experimented with training each body part twice a week like Ronnie Coleman did in his prime? For example, 9-12 sets for chest twice a week? And if you did, why do you prefer once a week body part training over twice a week? Thanks in advance!
I've done Dogcrapp training, Fortitude training, Mountain Dog training, I've done it all. I like my simple bro split the best, when younger and pushing such poundage it seems like I needed the recovery time, now that I'm beat up and weak as a kitten everything is time under tension and ensuring I use only the target muscle which causes a lot of trauma and I recover best off my silly bro split.
I did really like Scott's Fortitude training but I got beat up pretty quickly doing it, but I enjoyed the program because it was hard. Meadows use to program my leg training so he really pushed me knowing that I trained them only once per week, so they were some brutal workouts.

Some of us have been taking steroids for decades. What irritates me is young natural or beginning juicing guys saying, "you've taken steroids for so long and you aren't bigger than that??!" LOL. They don't understand that it isn't continuous growth, you stop growing fairly quickly at a given dose and then it's just maintenance. And get to a certain age and you are fighting "sarcopenia" despite the drugs.

I'm turning 47 soon. What Big A said about the "creepy skin" is so true. I trimmed the fur a while back and was in tears almost LOL. The skin gets wrinkly on the lower abs, skin hangs at the pec line and so on.
I have a hard time accepting my age, and I've been asking others my age how they are dealing with it. They claim it doesn't bother them much.
Big A said he's been on tren for 8 years straight. What I don't get is why he isn't on GH?! LOL

My legs don't match my size, to say the least. And calves, forget about it. I've done them in every conceivable way over 33 years and nothing. Only way they "grow" is via large bodyweight increase.

I've done Dogcrapp training, Fortitude training, Mountain Dog training, I've done it all. I like my simple bro split the best, when younger and pushing such poundage it seems like I needed the recovery time, now that I'm beat up and weak as a kitten everything is time under tension and ensuring I use only the target muscle which causes a lot of trauma and I recover best off my silly bro split.
I did really like Scott's Fortitude training but I got beat up pretty quickly doing it, but I enjoyed the program because it was hard. Meadows use to program my leg training so he really pushed me knowing that I trained them only once per week, so they were some brutal workouts.
I’ve experienced the same thing as you have. I find it interesting how we’ve both come up with the same conclusion in regards to the best way to train. My muscles always grew well by training them with more frequency than once a week, but my joints and tendons simply could not recover well from that kind of training for long, especially as I got older. Now I have osteoarthritis throughout my entire body..lol..I can honestly say training each muscle group only once a week has given me the best overall longterm growth because my connective tissues can recover better. And it helps prevent mental burnout as well knowing you only have to train each body part (especially legs) once a week. I spend a lot of time just doing warm up sets in order to prevent injury. Having to do all those warm up sets twice a week for each muscle group, as opposed to just once a week, is too time consuming and mentally draining. I have found being consistent with your training is key when it comes to training each muscle group only once a week. Thank you for answering my questions! 😊

I have a hard time accepting my age, and I've been asking others my age how they are dealing with it. They claim it doesn't bother them much.

Are these other people bodybuilders or not? It makes a big difference.

Ordinary people only care about their health (if at all), we also care about looking good and lifting decent weight.

Some of us have been taking steroids for decades. What irritates me is young natural or beginning juicing guys saying, "you've taken steroids for so long and you aren't bigger than that??!" LOL. They don't understand that it isn't continuous growth, you stop growing fairly quickly at a given dose and then it's just maintenance. And get to a certain age and you are fighting "sarcopenia" despite the drugs.

I'm turning 47 soon. What Big A said about the "creepy skin" is so true. I trimmed the fur a while back and was in tears almost LOL. The skin gets wrinkly on the lower abs, skin hangs at the pec line and so on.
Big A said he's been on tren for 8 years straight. What I don't get is why he isn't on GH?! LOL

My legs don't match my size, to say the least. And calves, forget about it. I've done them in every conceivable way over 33 years and nothing. Only way they "grow" is via large bodyweight increase.

There will always be insecure youngsters looking to compete with you while they're 20 years younger.

You deal with that by ignoring them, they'll never achieve half of what you did even in their primes and they don't last. They never do.

Fuck them.

As for coping with age, you have to take pride in other things. Do you look young and healthy for your age, there's a lot more pride in that for me that being as big or strong as I was. I don't care for that anymore because I can't, if I do I'll be dead way before I want to be.

So let's see who is being honest with themselves....do you think your leg size matches the amount of juice your running?

I will be honest with you all I've noticed quite a few dudes with pretty decent juice dosages with really under developed legs....what's the problem here? Do you put more emphasis on cycles than training? We all know leg day is one of the most taxing training days.

Thoughts? Opinions?
No, my legs have always been a weak point, not that I had any strong points tbh. Idk if considered an injury or pussified but whenever I went over 2 plates on barbell squats my lower back was out for a week or more, hindering training. I’m 6 foot tall. My former roommate was a National Level competitor and 5’8” and would always push me to squat more/heavier but my lower back always held me back. Yes some tall guys can get big legs and squat heavy but I think they are anomalies.

Here, drug protocol (coached by one of Farah’s local IFBB Pros) was 1 sust and .8 Deca MWF off-season. Pre-contest was 1 prop, 1 tren, 1 mast MWF, var 40mg last 4 weeks, anti e’s etc. Gh 4iu. Yes, condition is novice at best in this pic from many years ago.

One of Hany’s Pro’s had me go much higher for a prior show but that was short lived, looked worse/felt shitty. Farah’s Pro’s program worked better for me personally. But no, my legs did not match these dosages.

Attachments

• IMG_5072.png
    IMG_5072.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 76
No, my legs have always been a weak point, not that I had any strong points tbh. Idk if considered an injury or pussified but whenever I went over 2 plates on barbell squats my lower back was out for a week or more, hindering training. I’m 6 foot tall. My former roommate was a National Level competitor and 5’8” and would always push me to squat more/heavier but my lower back always held me back. Yes some tall guys can get big legs and squat heavy but I think they are anomalies.

Here, drug protocol (coached by one of Farah’s local IFBB Pros) was 1 sust and .8 Deca MWF off-season. Pre-contest was 1 prop, 1 tren, 1 mast MWF, var 40mg last 4 weeks, anti e’s etc. Gh 4iu. Yes, condition is novice at best in this pic from many years ago.

One of Hany’s Pro’s had me go much higher for a prior show but that was short lived, looked worse/felt shitty. Farah’s Pro’s program worked better for me personally. But no, my legs did not match these dosages.
I'm curious to know what Hany's guy had you do.

I'm curious to know what Hany's guy had you do.
Based off of memory from +/-15 years ago from an Olympian coached by Hany;

Diet: Egg white/Grits, 10oz steak/potato x 4-5 meals, 10oz chicken/veggies x 2 meals

Training:M-quads, T-Chest/Tri, W-Rest, Th-back/bi, F-delts/traps, Sat-Hamstrings (can’t remember where abs fit in) Heavy and high volume.

Drugs:
2000mg sust/wk
500mg tren/wk
100mg anadrol/d
50mg proviron/d
40mg Nolvadex/d
No GH
He breathed the word insulin when I told him I couldn’t get the food down/things weren’t working for me but then recanted saying never mind and we did not incorporate, however, I recall him having me incorporate vitargo during training.

Then switched to this 4-6 weeks out;

Diet; fuzzy but egg white/grits, chicken/tilapia rotated with green, steak/rice? Preworkout, back to fish/greens , oh yeah avocado with every meal (I could eat as much avocado as I wanted), this all changed 1 week out.
Training: weights same. Cardio 45m x2 (am and post workout)
Drugs:
1400mg prop/wk
300mg equipoise/wk
10mg winstrol tab with every meal
I can’t recall if it was arimidex or provi/nolva
T3, can’t recall how much (1 tab then 2?)
No GH, No clen, No diuretics.
25mg Benadryl 2 days out, 50mg night before.

I looked and felt like garbage on this program. The diet was equally too extreme for me. The training program was ok except the pre contest cardio was too extreme for me imo. Felt miserable the whole time.

Here, I learned that you either got it in BB or you don’t. I didn’t have it (genetics) as you can see from my pic, but still loved the sport.

Farah’s guy’s program worked much better for me. Half the drugs, bro split, sensible diet. The pic I posted was technically subsequent to both programs and more of a variation to Farah’s guys program. I’d post the program or pm if interested. I want to be respectful to not hijack this thread though, given the subject was whether our legs matched our drug protocol.

I have a question for those with big legs or B-boy;

I’m 41, not aspiring to compete anymore (parent/spouse/work/law school take priority)but would love to build big legs if possible. What do you suggest? My home gym has free weight barbell, smith machine, extension/ham curls, can lunge w dumbbells.

Been off everything for 2-5-3 years. Very Recently started 250mg test/week. AM cardio x 25min. Bro split. Eating clean to get in shape but nothing extreme (3 meals and whey post workout).

Any recommendations? Volume? Supersets? Giant sets?

Diet: Egg white/Grits, 10oz steak/potato x 4-5 meals, 10oz chicken/veggies x 2 meals

Training:M-quads, T-Chest/Tri, W-Rest, Th-back/bi, F-delts/traps, Sat-Hamstrings (can’t remember where abs fit in) Heavy and high volume.

Drugs:
2000mg sust/wk
500mg tren/wk
100mg anadrol/d
50mg proviron/d
40mg Nolvadex/d
No GH
He breathed the word insulin when I told him I couldn’t get the food down/things weren’t working for me but then recanted saying never mind and we did not incorporate, however, I recall him having me incorporate vitargo during training.

Diet; fuzzy but egg white/grits, chicken/tilapia rotated with green, steak/rice? Preworkout, back to fish/greens , oh yeah avocado with every meal (I could eat as much avocado as I wanted), this all changed 1 week out.
Drugs:
1400mg prop/wk
300mg equipoise/wk

I looked and felt like garbage on this program. The diet was equally too extreme for me. The training program was ok except the pre contest cardio was too extreme for me imo. Felt miserable the whole time.

Here, I learned that you either got it in BB or you don’t. I didn’t have it (genetics) as you can see from my pic, but still loved the sport.

Farah’s guy’s program worked much better for me. Half the drugs, bro split, sensible diet. The pic I posted was technically subsequent to both programs and more of a variation to Farah’s guys program. I’d post the program or pm if interested. I want to be respectful to not hijack this thread though, given the subject was whether our legs matched our drug protocol.
If you have permission to from Farah I would love to have you share. You can drop it in my responsible usage thread as that’s what it’s about- what we’ve done past, present and at our peak. And how we maintained health while doing it.

I know Hany is vey big on not using insulin. That’s not to say his guys don’t. But same with Andrew Vu- never used insulin while working with him.

As well on HGH it was never crazy amounts, same with AJ now. If it’s not legit and tested HGH- he’d rather not use it at all. Totally agree with that still.

Seeing the variances from everyone is what makes this sport so unique IMO. There are foundational staples without a doubt. But no two guys are always exactly the same.

Drugs:
2000mg sust/wk
500mg tren/wk
100mg anadrol/d
50mg proviron/d
40mg Nolvadex/d
No GH

Drugs:
1400mg prop/wk
300mg equipoise/wk

Your not hijacking nothing bro, post it up, i worked with George years ago when I was an optimum nutrition sponsored athlete (,George was also).
Post it

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NWO
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner