over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Forearm tightness strain

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The muscle you hit in hammer curls, Ive had some tightness here for a few weeks feels worst when hitting biceps. It's nothing sharp but just some tightness and gets sore, doesn't affect strength but Is annoying. Been icing, massaging, and using heat.

Has anyone ever injured this before? Trying to debate if I should rest it or just push through and keep rolling it and applying heat. It's just tight not painful and doesn't affect strength. I don't think it could be a tendon issue because it's more in the muscle belly so I'm assuming it's not something I risk tearing. I know guys year bis, tris, pecs but never heard of a devistating injury to this muscle so trying to push through until I'm scheduled to take my week off.

5755FEE3-B443-48C7-95EF-4AAC73A515B7.jpeg Be careful bro I had a nagging pain in my left upper forearm like you said the area where you do hammers for about six months around there. Then one day I went to train bi’s and tri’s I start warming up bi’s on a cable lowered to the bottom with a straight bar and on my first working set I feel a tingling sensation run up my arm like a shock it started where I was feeling the discomfort and ran up to my shoulder. Weird I said and knew it wasn’t good. I got a dent on my lower left bicep as if the long head shrunk. It has gotten worse over the years. As I thought about it that area is where the bicep attaches to the forearm so it might be a tear I don’t know it is definitely an injury. Be careful it might be the bicep tendon that’s hurting.

Not totally the same, but for a while my right brachioradialis would randomly spasm in the hours after I trained arms, particularly when I'd hold that arm in certain positions. It was the portion on the outside at the elbow right where the upper and lower arm meet. Over the last 2-3 months I've been using my massage gun daily, including on inner and outer forearms, and haven't had that problem since.

Thanks for the replies. The picture is the area. If anyone has ever had mild cellulitis from w bad shot it feels similar after icing and during bicep movements. I think I originally aggravated it doing upright rows an exercise I have since dropped but it lingers. I think I'm going to take a week off ice, rest, stretch and hit with a massager

Doubt it would help but wonder if pinning my gh there may help at all.

The brachioradialis is what your are referring to I think , I strained the shit out of mine try to catch a vice from falling. It swole up and was stupid tight for weeks and now that elbow gets tennis elbow constantly.
Dry needling , rolling it out with a rolling pin and static Tempering really help.

I strained this muscle in the same area doing bent over rows on a Smith machine with a friend when I normally use a barbell. Tried massage and working out using lighter weight but it lingered and was mildly painfully all the time. Ended up just taking time off training for a few weeks to a month and it healed up on its own.

dry try needling and rest. mine was same, took 3 weeks in total. i didn't do anything pronated for back and no biceps at all for 3 weeks. i tried all naproxen and tried to tuff thru it it kept coming back. it needs rest and time to heal.

I had a pain in the same area. Into a few reps of doing curls it started hurting more. Basically had to lower the weight and nearly give up curling.

Dumbbell wrist extensions with my arm resting on a bench a few days a week seems to have completely solved it. I just used a 20lb dumbbell and went with high reps, not to complete failure, but close. Started out with 1 or 2 sets.

Also kind of just rotated my wrist in both directions after finishing while holding the dumbbell. Not sure if that helped, but I did do that as well.

It might be tendinitis? I had this in both parts of my Forearms,(the underside also) and it would not go away. I had to let it rest a couple weeks

The brachioradialis is what your are referring to I think , I strained the shit out of mine try to catch a vice from falling. It swole up and was stupid tight for weeks and now that elbow gets tennis elbow constantly.
Dry needling , rolling it out with a rolling pin and static Tempering really help.
I have the roller going. Dry needling my physical therapist does but very busy hoping to avoid PT on this one. What exactly is static tampering?

I have the roller going. Dry needling my physical therapist does but very busy hoping to avoid PT on this one. What exactly is static tampering?
If you look up "body Tempering" on YouTube it shows a lot but the static tempering is just setting a weight on it for several minutes.
You could use a kettlebell with like 15lbs and work your way up.
I made a set of rollers for "body tempering" and been using them on my son and it's greatly helped his recovery from weight and MMA training.

I'm trying to think what new movement I added keeps aggravating this thing. Possibly heavy pjr triceps pullover/press or jm press? I blamed the upright rows and dropped them when it started. But thinking it may be one of these two as I've never had elbow or firearm tightness or pain. Anyone who is knowledgeable with Bio mechanics think one or both are more likely to bother the forearm or elbow...jm press vs pjr pullover? You wouldn't think triceps movements would affect a pull muscle.

Do you do your pulling movements with thumb over, or under the bar? Use straps?

Do you do your pulling movements with thumb over, or under the bar? Use straps?
Back is rack chins and overhead lat pulldown. Width is neutral grip hammer horizontal pull machine, then underhand seated cable row.

I feel like the rack chins and underhand horizontal cable row do aggravate it. But the neutral row doesn't nor does overhand lat pulldowns. So it's odd...one overhead grip exercise bothers it the other doesn't. The underhand does bother it, neutral grip does not.

Cable curls and incline curls (supinated) are a bitch but drag curls seem fine.

Back is rack chins and overhead lat pulldown. Width is neutral grip hammer horizontal pull machine, then underhand seated cable row.

I feel like the rack chins and underhand horizontal cable row do aggravate it. But the neutral row doesn't nor does overhand lat pulldowns. So it's odd...one overhead grip exercise bothers it the other doesn't. The underhand does bother it, neutral grip does not.

Cable curls and incline curls (supinated) are a bitch but drag curls seem fine.
Get yourself some of these for pulling movements. Makes a huge difference.
Amazon sells a cheap knock offs that looks like bananas and works just fine too. Allows you to adjust your grip on fixed bar exercises like pulldowns, rack chins, rows, etc.
fat grip training will help. These bands that go around your fingers and you open them also. Or even a bucket of sand you can spread your fingers in. Sounds like your on your way to lateral epicondylitis

Get yourself some of these for pulling movements. Makes a huge difference.
Amazon sells a cheap knock offs that looks like bananas and works just fine too. Allows you to adjust your grip on fixed bar exercises like pulldowns, rack chins, rows, etc.
fat grip training will help. These bands that go around your fingers and you open them also. Or even a bucket of sand you can spread your fingers in. Sounds like your on your way to lateral epicondylitis
Good info and yeah the neutral grip doesn't bother so they will definitely help. And I googled that injury, yup, that's where it hurts.

I know we have talked about triceps in the long head thread, do you think the jm press or pjr press are bad for that Tennis elbow area? I love the exercises but if they bother it too may have to skip and just hit the dip machine.

Good info and yeah the neutral grip doesn't bother so they will definitely help. And I googled that injury, yup, that's where it hurts.

I know we have talked about triceps in the long head thread, do you think the jm press or pjr press are bad for that Tennis elbow area? I love the exercises but if they bother it too may have to skip and just hit the dip machine.
I had pretty bad tennis elbow for years. Skullcrsuhers and pjr pullovers never bothered them. Pulling movements, and curls….especially ez bar curls and preacher machine curls really bothered them.
I would think those movements would be more likely to aggravate medial epicondylitis or tennis elbow. But I could be wrong. Possibly the way you perform them, or your particular build is contributing? Maybe cut them for a couple weeks and if it eases off you’ve got your answer

Here's a video I found, not sure If it's tennis elbow or maybe this .

The muscle you hit in hammer curls, Ive had some tightness here for a few weeks feels worst when hitting biceps. It's nothing sharp but just some tightness and gets sore, doesn't affect strength but Is annoying. Been icing, massaging, and using heat.

Has anyone ever injured this before? Trying to debate if I should rest it or just push through and keep rolling it and applying heat. It's just tight not painful and doesn't affect strength. I don't think it could be a tendon issue because it's more in the muscle belly so I'm assuming it's not something I risk tearing. I know guys year bis, tris, pecs but never heard of a devistating injury to this muscle so trying to push through until I'm scheduled to take my week off.
I feel like I was meant to see this. I work in a warehouse and was on a machine that came to a dead stop on my right arm was gripping it fairly hard and felt a slight strain when holding myself in place. I feel slight discomfort when doing a pulling motion but it doesn’t hurt to touch or anything like that.

I feel like I was meant to see this. I work in a warehouse and was on a machine that came to a dead stop on my right arm was gripping it fairly hard and felt a slight strain when holding myself in place. I feel slight discomfort when doing a pulling motion but it doesn’t hurt to touch or anything like that.
I tried a weeks rest, ice, heat, nothing worked. Tried digging In it with a plate like someone alluded to, didn't do much.

I remember when I had a tweak in my lat, my PT dug in there with fingers and made it hurt, then exercises, then iced it. Im going to keep doing that and hit some of the tennis elbow then exercises in that second video. Use a neutral grip on back exercises, probably drop shrugs and shrug up on the calf raise machine with no arms needed, try and rest it.

Also need to modify my bicep exercises and even watch the tricep ones. Rear delts, side delts, chest are all fine it doesn't affect training them. really doesn't affect any exercise strength wise just annoying and discomfort so I know its not healing

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahFence
NapsGear