advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Glutes and Hamstrings, Favorite Exercises?

For hamstrings I like doing this one. Very difficult to do but very effective in my opinion.

For glutes, I am at a loss. Tried everything. I have a terrible glutes.

Attachments

• hamstring.JPG
    hamstring.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 11
Yea, Glute-Ham raises are great....and painful as fukk, lol.

Glute ham raises, Romanian curls, banded lying leg curls

For hamstrings I like doing this one. Very difficult to do but very effective in my opinion.

For glutes, I am at a loss. Tried everything. I have a terrible glutes.
I do these all the time. You can loop a band around something and put it around your shoulders to help pull you back up for more reps. I learned it from Laura Phelps sweat

Any exercise that keep tension on the muscle .. I do them all

I've really gotten to the point where my exercise selection for pretty much every muscle group, but particularly triceps and hamstrings involves the most time under tension and stretch. I used to think I wasn't an ego lifter, then I realized that I wasn't growing that great despite consistently getting stronger. I'm too old to worry about lifting heavy ass weight anymore, I want to look good and feel good without my body feeling like it's destroyed.

One of my all time favorites for hamstrings is good old leg curls and it's literally all about tension and stretch. I might look like I'm about to cry on the same weights that fitness bunnies are doing, but damnit, it works...

Another vote for walking lunges, start doing those and you'll realize squats are for pussies!

If someone is training their hamstrings with standard frequency I would always recommend a stiff leg deadlift variation and a leg curl variation every hamstring day. Pretty basic stuff. Obviously progressive overload should be an aim for all movements. I would keep the sldl to standard sets and simply go as heavy as possible in a 6-15 rep range (rep number is never set in stone). For the leg curl I would add in intensity techniques (not for beginners but as you advance) so things such as partials, forced reps and static holds. A variety of rep ranges should be used over time and if possible even going very low in reps but also high so approx 4-20 reps. I am a big fan of unilateral training for hamstrings especially for leg curls as it also enables you to do the intensity techniques when training alone. For stiff leg deadlifts I recommend a slightly bent knee (but stiff) but also some straight leg variations usually with lighter weight. I am a fan of using the later in between sets of leg curls to get a great stretch. Sometimes I may even just do them with a stick or weighted bar. Another variation could be good mornings. For anyone with lower back issues I would recommend unilateral stiff leg deadlifts using a db or kettlebell.

Glutes get hit when performing many of the main leg movements. Studies have even shown superior activation when doing squats compared to hip thrusts but I recommend both. It's like any bodypart training you have a list of exercises and pick which ones you prefer (connect better) and push them as hard as possible consistently and you will get results if everything else is in place. Obviously standard glute raises are another great exercise as are glute/ham raises such as the one shown above and walking lunges with a long stride. Just like when squatting your hams and glutes can hit with leg presses but the way you set up is very important. You want a fairly high and wide stance and to perform the reps as deep as possible without your lower back coming off the pad.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131