mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Have you ever realized to what extent you have body dysmorphia?

That’s a different level of crazy bro. My wife has a medical degree and she still doesn’t understand when I talk about gear. 😂
By the end of the relationship she was actually remembering some basic things, I was weirdly proud about that. Was also super fun being able to get excited about gear with someone. I never told her what I’d order but she’d do the unboxing and sometimes she’d know what she was holding. Definitely wish I could go back and re-do somethings but it is what it is

By the end of the relationship she was actually remembering some basic things, I was weirdly proud about that. Was also super fun being able to get excited about gear with someone. I never told her what I’d order but she’d do the unboxing and sometimes she’d know what she was holding. Definitely wish I could go back and re-do somethings but it is what it is

You sure she, was a she 😶‍🌫️

Don’t stress too hard about it. You say that now, but just wait until you guys had a divorce or a huge fight and see how fast that shit comes up. You’d been wishing you kept all that in your head. 😂

That’s a different level of crazy bro. My wife has a medical degree and she still doesn’t understand when I talk about gear. 😂
My wife is a UCLA grad and is in medical school to become an MD right now, her knowledge of medicine, disease, the human body, in general, is insane, way above my head, but on specific bodybuilding related subjects, nutrition, AAS, stuff like that, it's too narrow and focused, too specialized outside of normal medicine, for her to really know much.

When I look in the mirror and see a fat soft somewhat muscular guy who looks like he could be natural, I comfort myself that it's just dysmorphia/bigorexia, and assure myself, that to the average person, I look like Markus Ruhl at the 2002 Night of Champions

Idk……the converse of that would be us, and the converse of cis is…..

I'm proud of you having this light bulb "one of us" moments. Yes we are weirdos.

Actually with my job I do often end up transporting the group you are referring to. Even though I personally have reservations about society's agenda, these patients are generally cool (much more so the F2M) and we have a good conversation.

Of course the above subject often sends threads off the rails, so MODS, feel free to delete, lol. I just thought it was relevant as dysmorphia and dysphoria are related.

is it dysmorphia or just realistic comparison to the best in the world? most people never see the amazing absolutely unbelievable physiques that we look at probably too often. so they don't have any idea of any realistic comparison that we all do - ourselves vs. the best of the best ever.

I know few facts about myself
1 i am usually wherever i go the guy who is in a best shape
2 i am or lean or super lean year round
3 i progress as much as my health allow me (right knee issues)
4 quite muscular but not on the level of open class bodybuilding
5 type of a physique I chase is not open class bodybuilding (Zane ,Paris )
6 i am trying to be realistic but sometimes I need more 😉 like all of us.

I'm proud of you having this light bulb "one of us" moments. Yes we are weirdos.

Actually with my job I do often end up transporting the group you are referring to. Even though I personally have reservations about society's agenda, these patients are generally cool (much more so the F2M) and we have a good conversation.
always feels good to make strangers on the internet proud

my mind is fucked, on several levels sadly other then just body dysmorphia, i have no idea how i look, im just under 5,5" at my biggest i was a pretty bloated 245lbs with an ok BF prob around 12% it was pre jail so dont have any pics, ind my mind i was no bigger then i was at 160lbs... at this point i will never have a normal relation to my body again i will always feel small, i will always only see the points of my muscles thats lackin behind the other..

I’ve figured out over the years who likes to hear about your physique the LEAST.
The gfs, and wives.

Unless they’re full tilt in it with you, they could not give less of a fuck if you’re a soft 250 or hard as nails 275 (drawing from my own life here).

Even though the above comparison is HUGE in our world, they just don’t care. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I love it. I tried the fitness chick thing a time or two. Not for me….

It’s really nice having some balance so to speak. I’ve been w my girl a good while now and she could give a fuck less. The rigidity of my lifestyle drives her nuts at times but she also respects and appreciates what makes me, me.

Even in the bedroom. In the beginning it was new for her so it was an added excitement but once you find that person that you connect with, this outward appearance shit just doesn’t matter. I say that, and I’d give my girl a solid 9 (humble brag and no you fuckers aren’t getting pics 😊). We were obviously initially physically attracted but when it becomes so much more than that, you know you got a good thing going.

I have more random conversation in a weeks time (how much ya bench type stuff, what do you eat etc.) with the general public than her and I have had in the last few years. It’s really nice and has actually made aging in this endeavor a bit easier as the poundages start to drop and reality sets in. It’s kind of a blessing, she eases any dysmorphia that may be present by just not giving two shits whether I have abs or not. Doesn’t make me work any less hard but it’s comforting in a weird way. I’ve always been intrinsically motivated and never did this for attention so I suppose if you’re wired differently, it may not be such a good thing… but for me, coming home to someone who never heard of pro-muscle and wouldn’t know what the hell to think if she did, is a real blessing.

I definitely got the ol dysmorphia going full tilt like any true BB’er lol but I think some of it is just a standard we hold ourselves to. Watching pros all of the time and following them on social media … that is what I want to look like so while I appreciate where my physique is and how far it has come I am still not quite yet at the goal. Will I ever reach that goal? No, but that’s what makes it fun. If we were satisfied with our physiques we’d probably start slipping which leads to mediocrity and half assed effort. Nope. I’ll stay unsatisfied and always eyeing for more. I know I am objectively big and lean since everyone goes out of there way to tell me so in my life/general public - we just happen to have different definitions of ‘big’ and ‘lean’, lol. Until I look like prime Levrone or Coleman or 2002 NOC Ruhl I’ll be unsatisfied. Even if I ever did reach that level - which I never will - I doubt I’d be satisfied. Half the fun is the never ending pursuit of chasing what we each personally envision as physical ‘perfection’

Yup - the trick is to use as much of it as you can for motivation without it driving you completely crazy lol
That’s what I do. But now that I’m old I look in the mirror and not only see a skinny fat guy but I see a fucking old gray skinny fat guy. And I fucking hate him. So I beat the fuck outta him as often as possible. He’s winning but I’m still fighting that mirror hard.

I’m gonna answer before I read anyone’s replies with a 100% YES!!!!! In elementary school I was the smallest kid in the class always. Being involved in so many sports, basketball being my best, it posed a real challenge. On top of that I didn’t hit puberty until 10th grade when a lot of guys were 175 pounds with beards. I was still waiting to sprout some pubes and armpit hair. 🤷🏽‍♂️😂. I guess it kind of lowered my self-esteem Even though I was never picked on. Between 10th and 11th, I sprouted from 5‘5” to 5‘10“. I was playing a lot of basketball, school and AAU teams and at a lot of local blacktops that had some really big guys, many who have come out of prison. Let’s just say they were big ripped and aggressive.. I remember coming home from my first year of college and weigh 185 compared to the 150 I left nine months prior. People would comment about how muscular I had become, but I didn’t see it even though I was clearly muscular and very ripped.. I took up bodybuilding at 18 and eventually ended up at a very solid 225 pounds very lean. I still didn’t feel big because I trained in some gyms with national level competitors, and attended One pro bodybuilding show way back in 05. Now those guys were big. Day before yesterday, I was in Food Lion and two ladies mentioned my size and veins. Of course, they asked me if I worked out and I just laughed and said a little bit.
when I look in the mirror, I just don’t see it. I just feel like a regular guy who happens to be a little muscular.. Maybe it’s because I grew up playing basketball with some really jacked up dudes and trained around some national level competitors in the very early 2000s.
I’m trying to come to grips that at 46 I will not be able to carry 225 much pounds longer. I honestly feel like it could make me depressed. which just confirms, yes, I have a problem. I can only imagine what it would be like to be some of you guys that are truly big dudes who have competed and seen even bigger guys.
I just want to hold on and be strong and muscular when I retire in five years. I do have labs drawn three times a year and I am healthy. My job does require me to be in shape to look professional. I think we’re probably all in the same boat somewhat, some just worse than others.

Thanks for posting this question. I love this group because we all see the human side of each other. The kindness that has been shown to me since my time here really makes me feel good.
I hope all you guys stay healthy, both mentally and physically.

BLKGUY

I always remember back in the day at the grocery getting comments from old dudes being like “when I was your age I looked just like you” and remember saying in my head “bitch, no one looked like this in 1960”hahaha.
OMG, Ive heard this a million times too. Sometimes I’m actually older than them but you exactly right!!!!!!! 😂😂😂

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
I am Annie
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws