advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much of a difference did you see when you ate 6-8 smaller meals per day vs 4 or so large ones but same macros/calories/etc?

I can definitely see that affecting things, absolutely. But let's say it's a lifelong juicer, already on juice at 20 and still on juice at 60 - the response to anything at 60 will probably be worse. This is probably why the juice "used to be better." It probably wasn't, your body was better.
These 2 are not mutually exclusive.

Layne Norton has beaten this topic to death with research AND as a natural bodybuilder and athlete.

Instead of writing out a long ass post with sources, Layne has done it for us. Go read this and watch his video:

Now to be clear- if you’re a 200 pound bodybuilder eating 400g of protein per day. I would still suggest eating 6 meals of roughly 65g protein per meal instead of 4 meals of 100g protein.

What’s easier on our GI and mental state? 8oz of chicken or 16oz chicken per sitting… this is where real life application comes in as a bodybuilder.

Now if you’re trying to be healthy or an athlete eating 1g per pound of bodyweight (example only) then eat it all in four meals.

I tell people all the time- if I was not a competitive bodybuilder trying to push as many calories as possible at the amount of protein that I am then I’d only eat 4 times a day because it’s all the body would need.

It’s that simple, nothing more, nothing less.

But there is no threshold where someone eats over a set amount of protein per meal and it just gets “wasted”. 😂 Worse case scenario if you’re in caloric surplus then some could be stored as fat, which extremely rare and unlikely given the process it would have to go through.

People worry about eating “too much protein” on here commonly, but it’s rare in “real life” I see someone remotely come near that issue… carbs and fats, sure. But show me someone who doesn’t know when to put down the lean dry ass chicken breast. Let’s use some common sense. 🤣

Layne Norton has beaten this topic to death with research AND as a natural bodybuilder and athlete.

Instead of writing out a long ass post with sources, Layne has done it for us. Go read this and watch his video:

Now to be clear- if you’re a 200 pound bodybuilder eating 400g of protein per day. I would still suggest eating 6 meals of roughly 65g protein per meal instead of 4 meals of 100g protein.

What’s easier on our GI and mental state? 8oz of chicken or 16oz chicken per sitting… this is where real life application comes in as a bodybuilder.

Now if you’re trying to be healthy or an athlete eating 1g per pound of bodyweight (example only) then eat it all in four meals.

I tell people all the time- if I was not a competitive bodybuilder trying to push as many calories as possible at the amount of protein that I am then I’d only eat 4 times a day because it’s all the body would need.

It’s that simple, nothing more, nothing less.

But there is no threshold where someone eats over a set amount of protein per meal and it just gets “wasted”. 😂 Worse case scenario if you’re in caloric surplus then some could be stored as fat, which extremely rare and unlikely given the process it would have to go through.

People worry about eating “too much protein” on here commonly, but it’s rare in “real life” I see someone remotely come near that issue… carbs and fats, sure. But show me someone who doesn’t know when to put down the lean dry ass chicken breast. Let’s use some common sense. 🤣
I 100% agree

Now we have some strange obsessive fear of:
1. too much volume and obsession with overtraining (personally, I have never seen a bodybuilder who trained so hard that he couldn't grow lol)
2. panic fear of protein and its increasingly lower intake

I 100% agree

Now we have some strange obsessive fear of:
1. too much volume and obsession with overtraining (personally, I have never seen a bodybuilder who trained so hard that he couldn't grow lol)
2. panic fear of protein and its increasingly lower intake
It’s their laziness and justification as to why they can’t grow or be a bodybuilder.

To be a bodybuilder you have to move a lot of heavy ass weight for a lot of sets and exercises. NOT easy to do 5-6 days a week, 1-2 hours a day for years. Couple that with eating POUNDS of lean dry meat daily 365 days a year.

You either love it or you don’t. 😂 It’s like guys saying “I can’t run because my knee’s hurt.” Go talk to David Goggin’s about that shit. 🤣

Pushing the body past its natural set points takes extremely uncomfortable things, but in a rewarding way IMO.

To the ignorant observer it looks like I eat twice a day. What people don't realize is that at 1030am Golden Corral switches from breakfast to lunch. If you already have your seat this can count as two meals with one entry fee. Better yet at 4pm the "change" happens again, making your lunch also count as dinner. Some may ask what should they do while camping out at the buffet all day? The key is finding a booth with an outlet so your phone can stay charged while you endlessly post questions on Pro Muscle.

To the ignorant observer it looks like I eat twice a day. What people don't realize is that at 1030am Golden Corral switches from breakfast to lunch. If you already have your seat this can count as two meals with one entry fee. Better yet at 4pm the "change" happens again, making your lunch also count as dinner. Some may ask what should they do while camping out at the buffet all day? The key is finding a booth with an outlet so your phone can stay charged while you endlessly post questions on Pro Muscle.
4 pm is my favorite time that's when they bring out the steak.

You answered your own question. You’re not a pro. You don’t want to be a pro. Just eat your food and take your drugs.

You sure you’re 40 years old? You been asking questions like a 13 year old girl the last few days.
hahahahahhahahahaha "she rubs the lotion on her skin and does what she's told"

Dude the overthinking on this board…. I’m surprised some members here are able to get out of bed in the morning and tie their shoes.
I'm reasonably sure that some actually sleep without taking off their shoes for this exact reason.

Dude the overthinking on this board…. I’m surprised some members here are able to get out of bed in the morning and tie their shoes.
Well now that you mention it, I sleep on the right side of the bed. So usually when I wake up in the morning my right leg hits the floor first. My left leg is actually just a wee bit smaller than my right. So do you think that if I slept on the left side so that the left leg hits the floor first that it could bring up the difference? Or do you think it would just be the bigger one then. Maybe a 2 days left and 1 right?

Oh and none of my measuring cups were clean this morning so instead of the usual cup of oatmeal I just eyeballed it, how much more insulin should I take? I know your Jewish but if you did believe it Jesus how much insulin do you think he'd take in this situation?

Well now that you mention it, I sleep on the right side of the bed. So usually when I wake up in the morning my right leg hits the floor first. My left leg is actually just a wee bit smaller than my right. So do you think that if I slept on the left side so that the left leg hits the floor first that it could bring up the difference? Or do you think it would just be the bigger one then. Maybe a 2 days left and 1 right?

Oh and none of my measuring cups were clean this morning so instead of the usual cup of oatmeal I just eyeballed it, how much more insulin should I take? I know your Jewish but if you did believe it Jesus how much insulin do you think he'd take in this situation?
Lol amazing!

Oh man a dirty measuring cup - def go down to 9.9 instead of 10iu…

By the looks of him i’d say quite a bit

8079EDF9-CBEE-4BFC-B326-8EB9F4A4454D.png

Realistically, no difference. But I’m not a pro

Really it comes down to what type of food we’re talking about here.
When I was on the Vertical Diet I couldn’t do more than 4 meals a day. Eggs, beef, steak kept me full all day. I would just eat larger doses in 4 meals because I knew I’d be full so I spaced them out

Now I’m eating more Fish and Chicken, with one red meat meal, and I can eat those more frequently. I also don’t want to eat more than 6-8oz of Fish at a time versus crushing a pound of ribeye post workout. After a fish or chicken meal, I’ll be hungry within 2-3 hours

But I’ve really not noticed a difference physique or performance wise. Just have to get all the calories in no matter how many meals

Realistically, no difference. But I’m not a pro

Really it comes down to what type of food we’re talking about here.
When I was on the Vertical Diet I couldn’t do more than 4 meals a day. Eggs, beef, steak kept me full all day. I would just eat larger doses in 4 meals because I knew I’d be full so I spaced them out

Now I’m eating more Fish and Chicken, with one red meat meal, and I can eat those more frequently. I also don’t want to eat more than 6-8oz of Fish at a time versus crushing a pound of ribeye post workout. After a fish or chicken meal, I’ll be hungry within 2-3 hours

But I’ve really not noticed a difference physique or performance wise. Just have to get all the calories in no matter how many meals
The immediate post workout meal/shake seems to be a thing of the past. I remember when guys were drinking waxy maize while working out but that fad doesn’t seem to be “Lit” or “Fire” with the younger guys anymore.

The immediate post workout meal/shake seems to be a thing of the past. I remember when guys were drinking waxy maize while working out but that fad doesn’t seem to be “Lit” or “Fire” with the younger guys anymore.
It's only a thing of the past if you're not serious about gaining as much as possible. And intraworkout shakes are more popular than ever.

I haven't read this whole thread and what do i know as an old man ex-fighter with diminished athletic capacity, drug tolerance, crackling joints and diminishing 18" arms. The increase in food consumption should follow an escalation over time. To much to fast and fuck up your GI. Spread it out and lower the load on your GI. Increase in increments at pay attention to physical signs that can warn you of overload and proceed as your tolerance allows. on the general, spreading things rather than loading over less meals seems a better approach within reason. Isn't this obvious? Probably not because when I was pushing food some years ago I wound up with GERD. So I backed off, reset, and attempted again with spreading things out.

I prefer more frequent feedings.

The older I get the more I gravitate towards the 'tried and true' established trends in bodybuilding. Brosplits, frequent meals, high protein, training to failure just basics.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131