over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Ejection Fraction and LVH

Glade you posted this. Having issues too. Enlarged weak heart with EF at 35 to 40 %. including thicking left vent walls. Taking lisinopril 5mg & carvedilol 6.25. Results years of untreated high blood pressure.
Phattony, not sure if you mentioned or I missed it but did you have any thickening of the heart wall tissue ?

Yes... my heart is very large and thick... My doctor called my left ventricle "misshapen and stiff". It wasn't opening and closing all the way. It still an issue but apparently it's far better off than it was.

I think a lot of guys are suffering from lesser degrees of this and we will continue to see guys deal with heart issues in the future...

thanks again for all your posts, you are great guys.

I have started yesterday with my new program.

I will train whatever i "feel" like i have/want to train for a maximum of 45mins, then i either add LISS Cardio on top (45 min) or HIIT (20min HIIT, 15-20min moderate).

For my days where i do LISS i will train at home. I have a bench here, some barbells, weights, pull up and so on. So i will make a small session.

yesterday was:

4x Barbell Press 8reps

3x Decline

2x Incline

2x Dips

Done in 35min, after that i have done 45min LISS on the bike.

No Failure!

My health is more important than a sport where i do not even compete.. so i dont care what others at the gym say :p

Today i will probably train back and shoulders. Again, maximum 45mins, after that HIIT+MISS.

I went to the store on saturday evening to prepare for my new diet plan.

Bought some avocados, some almonds, greek joghurt (full fat), quark (same as cotton cheese but smoother) and fruits. Will not eat gluten for a while (would you get rid of dairy too? i dont have problems with it and love it!)

thanks phattony, will go ahead and buy it!!

i will also look into nattokinase, thx guys.

btw, couldnt find arjuna gold here in europe. I have bought this one:

https://de.iherb.com/pr/himalaya-herbal-healthcare-arjuna-cardiac-support-60-caplets/3686

pretty similar, should be okay, or? bought 2 packs.

Good luck man! Be sure to post an update after your next doctor's visit

Yes... my heart is very large and thick... My doctor called my left ventricle "misshapen and stiff". It wasn't opening and closing all the way. It still an issue but apparently it's far better off than it was.

I think a lot of guys are suffering from lesser degrees of this and we will

Cardiologist wouldn't tell me the extent or how bad mine was but stated it was up to me weather it will get better or worst. Another words left me hanging. Ordering a bottle of curcumin and hoping the best. His analysis again was caused by untreated high blood pressure and lifting heavy weights through out the years. Called it a bodybuilders heart.

Last edited:
Wanted add. Reading your story is encouraging news.

I think a lot of guys are suffering from lesser degrees of this and we will

Cardiologist wouldn't tell me the extent or how bad mine was but stated it was up to me weather it will get better or worst. Another words left me hanging. Ordering a bottle of curcumin and hoping the best. His analysis again was caused by untreated high blood pressure and lifting heavy weights through out the years. Called it a bodybuilders heart.

Wanted add. Reading your story is encouraging news.

You might want to read the advice I gave in the thread. It could really help you too.

You might want to read the advice I gave in the thread. It could really help you too.

Yes looked it over and have already writtin my grocery list and plan.
Want off these f..ckin Beta Blockers. too many sides including depression.
Just plain feel like dog shit. Coarse depression and heart disease go hand and hand anyway.

First HIIT session after a while done yesterday. Went up tp 166bpm because i did not want to overdo it straight away..
tomorrow will be the next hiit session, today 40min fasted LISS
dropped 4 pounds it seems, maybe due to HCTZ and much lower carbs..?
well, who cares :p

hey guys,
small update:
was at the doc office again on friday since my bp didnt get any better and i assumed i dont react to telmisartan.
Long story short, doc prescribed me candesartan+hct instead of telmi+hct.
Result:
have taken half a tab instead of 1 (doc said i should start lower, my dosage should be 1 tab/d though) and my BP is 129/71-134/74 :>
HR is < 70.
I am pretty happy right now :)
Tomorrow i will get blood drawn to check my thyroid again and i will also pay to get testosterone and estrogen checked

hey guys,
small update:
was at the doc office again on friday since my bp didnt get any better and i assumed i dont react to telmisartan.
Long story short, doc prescribed me candesartan+hct instead of telmi+hct.
Result:
have taken half a tab instead of 1 (doc said i should start lower, my dosage should be 1 tab/d though) and my BP is 129/71-134/74 :>
HR is < 70.
I am pretty happy right now :)
Tomorrow i will get blood drawn to check my thyroid again and i will also pay to get testosterone and estrogen checked

Keep us updated.

Interesting I never even heard of candesartan

Interesting I never even heard of candesartan

maybe its more often used in europe, dont know :p
but it works for me, thats what counts :)
a bit sad telmi didnt do the job since telmisartan has so many benefits and i am not sure candesartan has the same

Hey guys, small update:
Taking 3/4 tablet of candesartan+hct (32/12.5 is a full one) and my bp is @116/70-125/73.
Would you giys take a full one or leave it with that bp?
I am already very happy with this one :)
Sometimes if i stand up too fast from lying i feel slightly dizzy, is this a sign that my body is not used to this "lower bp"?
also, i have received dr. best meriva curumin yesterday.
First took 2 tabs on an empty stomach and i had pretty darn stomach pain.
2 with a meal and no problem. 1 with empty stomach and no problem :)
my arjuna supp will arrive too within the week.
also doing daily cardio, LISS, MISS and HIIT (one on every day, i am rotating)
good blood drawn yesterday and will see if its okay.
(i have trained on sunday, thats why i already smell higher liver valus and ck)

Hey guys, small update:

Taking 3/4 tablet of candesartan+hct (32/12.5 is a full one) and my bp is @116/70-125/73.

Would you giys take a full one or leave it with that bp?

I am already very happy with this one :)

Sometimes if i stand up too fast from lying i feel slightly dizzy, is this a sign that my body is not used to this "lower bp"?

also, i have received dr. best meriva curumin yesterday.

First took 2 tabs on an empty stomach and i had pretty darn stomach pain.

2 with a meal and no problem. 1 with empty stomach and no problem :)

my arjuna supp will arrive too within the week.

also doing daily cardio, LISS, MISS and HIIT (one on every day, i am rotating)

good blood drawn yesterday and will see if its okay.

(i have trained on sunday, thats why i already smell higher liver valus and ck)

Sounds good to me. I guess you can keep the candesartan dose as is. The other stuff you will be doing could help lower the BP more on its own. I'd take citrulline malate as well if you aren't already.

got my bloodwork back and CK is 6111.
Should i be worried?
Doc said it is most likely due to training 3 days in a row prior to the bloodtest.
Had an EKG done 2 weeks ago so should be no heart attack :p
also, my test lvl is pretty low (10, range starts at 12) and my free t3 is also quite low (3,6, range starts @ 3,5, TSH however @ 1,17)
maybe i will make an appointment at my urologist for the test issue..

got my bloodwork back and CK is 6111.
Should i be worried?
Doc said it is most likely due to training 3 days in a row prior to the bloodtest.
Had an EKG done 2 weeks ago so should be no heart attack :p
also, my test lvl is pretty low (10, range starts at 12) and my free t3 is also quite low (3,6, range starts @ 3,5, TSH however @ 1,17)
maybe i will make an appointment at my urologist for the test issue..

CK will always be elevated after hard workouts. Don't even pay attention to that.

Hey guys,
small update (not related to EF)
I was @ my urolgist and i am now getting testosterone shots 250mg every 4 weeks due to my low value.
After 3 shots, blood work will be done to either increase frequency or decrease it.
One question:
I got my first shot today and would like to know if i can train legs? (injection site was glute)
I have no pain and the injection was 4 hours ago.

About my plan:
Still doing my cardio and taking my supps. I do 2 MISS sessions a week (20-25min pwo, heart rate 146-154) , 1-2 HIIT sessions (10-15mins, most of the time 5 rounds a 30s with 60s rest in between and warumup/cooldown) and 2 liss sessions a 40-50min.
I have lowered my training volume and i train DC Style right now (well, i take the principles but not the exact split)
my next cardiologist meeting is on 15.12. (hard to get appointments much earlier, i already made 2, after 15.12 i have another one @ another doc on 6.2.)
up to then i will keep my training routine/cardio routine like i have it now.

Hey guys,
I was @ my urolgist and i am now getting testosterone shots 250mg every 4 weeks due to my low value.
After 3 shots, blood work will be done to either increase frequency or decrease it.
One question:
I got my first shot today and would like to know if i can train legs? (injection site was glute)

About my plan:
Still doing my cardio and taking my supps. I do 2 MISS sessions a week (20-25min pwo, heart rate 146-154) , 1-2 HIIT sessions (10-15mins, most of the time 5 rounds a 30s with 60s rest in between and warumup/cooldown) and 2 liss sessions a 40-50min.
I have lowered my training volume and i train DC Style right now (well, i take the principles but not the exact split)
my next cardiologist meeting is on 15.12. (hard to get appointments much earlier, i already made 2, after 15.12 i have another one @ another doc on 6.2.)

Sounds good to me. Sure you can train legs. Just make sure to breathe out properly on every rep, especially on squats. You may not be able to go as heavy in order to do so.

Hey guys,
One question:

About my plan:

250mg every 4 weeks?? What kind of testosterone are they giving you?

250mg every 4 weeks?? What kind of testosterone are they giving you?

Whoa I missed that part. Makes absolutely no sense. I hate when doctors have no idea about testosterone and are just winging it on the fly with patients.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ndsabvra
NapsGear