over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MK677 and Slin protocol

What if one were to use lantus on training days only with something like a 3 day split? I currently am following a 3 day split with log preworkout.

Yes.

As far as Lantus goes, I do think it can be useful, but the applications are very limited (in my opinion). The problem with Lantus is two-fold and the issues are interconnected. One, you need to take huge dosages in order for it to provide good results. If the dose is too low it will simply turn off natural insulin secretion--to the point where you are basically just replacing one form of insulin (endogenous) with another form of insulin (exogenous). As a result, total insulin exposure isn't that much greater than what it would normally be. Therefore, in order to reap Lantus's full benefits the dose has to be high enough to not only replace what was lost in endogenous production, but to provide benefits above and beyond that.

The other problem with Lantus is its effect on insulin sensitivity, making it impossible to use at optimal dosages and for extended periods of time without harm.

One effective and relatively low-risk way to use it is to administer it just once (maybe twice) per week...on the days you train your weakest bodyparts. The potential increase in fullness and the boost in recovery is undeniable.

Mike,

Generally speaking, what would you say it's a good starting dose for lantus?

If using lantus once or twice a week only to bring up lagging body parts, would you still use humalin R or novalog pre-workout on, not only that one or two days that you are using lantus, but also, on all your other workout days?

50iu minimum. 100 iu starts works better. Even that is very mild and you won't go hypo. See it as basically 4 iu per hour

What if one were to use lantus on training days only with something like a 3 day split? I currently am following a 3 day split with log preworkout.

I haven't been able to maintain insulin sensitivity when using Lantus more than 2 days per week, regardless of what steps are implemented to help keep insulin sensitivity elevated. Even then, some degree of insulin resistance still seems to occur. Remember, Lantus stays active pretty much all day long, so using it only 3 days per week is going to keep exogenous insulin levels elevated 72 hours per week. In comparison, Novolin R used pre-training only (4-5X weekly) will only keep exo. insulin levels elevated for about 25-30 hours per week....and when using Humalog we're only looking at about half that time. That is a significant difference when compared to Lantus. So, when using Lantus at optimal doses 3 days per week, it will have a very significant effect on one's insulin sensitivity.

I may catch some flak for saying this, so let me start out with a disclaimer. ***I do NOT recommend that anyone uses insulin in the following manner, nor do I bear responsibility for anyone who chooses to do so***

First of all, I have found the following method to be fitting for larger bodybuilders, while limiting use to 2 days per week, max. This should be on high carb days and when training either weak or large bodyparts. I am just going to provide a very brief outline here, so if anyone does choose to do this, make sure you know what you are doing.

When I said higher doses, I meant HIGHER doses...like 100-200 iu...and preferably 150-200 iu. This is one of the reasons why this program is more suitable for larger bodybuilders. Aside from the fact that less advanced guys just don't need something this extreme (depending on how one defines "need", an argument could be made that no one needs it), the individual's dietary requirements must naturally correspond with their insulin dose. In other words, one's carbohydrate intake needs to be high enough to put all that insulin to use...but without pushing cals so high that they get fat. Never push your carbs beyond what your body can use. If you have to do that it means your insulin dose is too high.

Note: On Day #1 start out with a much smaller dose to gauge personal response--like 50 iu. Increase by 25 iu each time until you fall within the above range.

You should inject your Lantus all at once first rise in the morning, while making sure to consume a substantial amount of complex carbs with every meal, including right before bed.

Of course, the use of insulin senstizers (daily) is an absolute must when following this, or any insulin program. If you use GH or MK-677, make sure you use them on these 2 days.

Note: There is no need to use a fast-acting insulin on these days. If the Lantus does is high enough, it will be like having a fast-acting insulin active all day long anyway.

Note: This program has the potential to cause hypoglycemia in the event of insufficient carbohydrate intake...and can potentially be more dangerous than a Novolin R overdose because of Lantus's very long active life. Taking large doses of Lantus is like taking relatively large doses of Novolin-R every 5 hours all day long. Things can quickly get out of control if you start skipping meals, so you need to adhere to a planned meal structure while the Lantus is active.

Last edited:
Mike,

Generally speaking, what would you say it's a good starting dose for lantus?

If using lantus once or twice a week only to bring up lagging body parts, would you still use humalin R or novalog pre-workout on, not only that one or two days that you are using lantus, but also, on all your other workout days?

See prior post.

I haven't been able to maintain insulin sensitivity when using Lantus more than 2 days per week, regardless of what steps are implemented to help keep insulin sensitivity elevated. Even then, some degree of insulin resistance still seems to occur. Remember, Lantus stays active pretty much all day long, so using it only 3 days per week is going to keep exogenous insulin levels elevated 72 hours per week. In comparison, Novolin R used pre-training only (4-5X weekly) will only keep exo. insulin levels elevated for about 25-30 hours per week....and when using Humalog we're only looking at about half that time. That is a significant difference when compared to Lantus. So, when using Lantus at optimal doses 3 days per week, it will have a very significant effect on one's insulin sensitivity.

I may catch some flak for saying this, so let me start out with a disclaimer. ***I do NOT recommend that anyone uses insulin in the following manner, nor do I bear responsibility for anyone who chooses to do so***

First of all, I have found the following method to be fitting for larger bodybuilders, while limiting use to 2 days per week, max. This should be on high carb days and when training either weak or large bodyparts. I am just going to provide a very brief outline here, so if anyone does choose to do this, make sure you know what you are doing.

When I said higher doses, I meant HIGHER doses...like 100-200 iu...and preferably 150-200 iu. This is one of the reasons why this program is more suitable for larger bodybuilders. Aside from the fact that less advanced guys just don't need something this extreme (depending on how one defines "need", an argument could be made that no one needs it), the individual's dietary requirements must naturally correspond with their insulin dose. In other words, one's carbohydrate intake needs to be high enough to put all that insulin to use...but without pushing cals so high that they get fat. Never push your carbs beyond what your body can use. If you have to do that it means your insulin dose is too high.

Note: On Day #1 start out with a much smaller dose to gauge personal response--like 50 iu. Increase by 25 iu each time until you fall within the above range.

You should inject your Lantus all at once first rise in the morning, while making sure to consume a substantial amount of complex carbs with every meal, including right before bed.

Of course, the use of insulin senstizers (daily) is an absolute must when following this, or any insulin program. If you use GH or MK-677, make sure you use them on these 2 days.

Note: There is no need to use a fast-acting insulin on these days. If the Lantus does is high enough, it will be like having a fast-acting insulin active all day long anyway.

Note: This program has the potential to cause hypoglycemia in the event of insufficient carbohydrate intake...and can potentially be more dangerous than a Novolin R overdose because of Lantus's very long active life. Taking large doses of Lantus is like taking relatively large doses of Novolin-R every 5 hours all day long. Things can quickly get out of control if you start skipping meals, so you need to adhere to a planned meal structure while the Lantus is active.

Thanks Mike. Fantastic post even though we know this is just for informational purposes.

For how many weeks have you found this protocol to be effective?

Mike, hat are your thoughts on cycling on and off of MK? I recently listened to a podcast with Scott Stevenson where he discussed MK powerful GH boosting abilities but it's ability to wear off rather quick...say 3-4 weeks. And that's why the lethargy and water weight die down significantly after weeks on.

Do you believe that it comes in waves and should be cycled?

While that is correct, GH output begins to decline...IGF levels continued to rise. It's going to depend on goals I guess but me I would stay on cause I hate the sides when first starting out. This is also why I start with a smaller dose, because at first even the small doses are going to release large amounts of GH so why waste it, start out small and work up then you can keep the GH levels from declining till you eventually hit your goal dose.

While that is correct, GH output begins to decline...IGF levels continued to rise. It's going to depend on goals I guess but me I would stay on cause I hate the sides when first starting out. This is also why I start with a smaller dose, because at first even the small doses are going to release large amounts of GH so why waste it, start out small and work up then you can keep the GH levels from declining till you eventually hit your goal dose.

x2

I have noticed a few brands of MK-677 in the UK. I am going to order some 10mg caps and bring them back when I visit for Xmas. Others were 25mg caps which are too much for me. I will start at 10mg and if I am ok up to 20mg but if they are anything like the brand I used in the past 10mg will be my max dose. I will be using slin as well and looking forward to it.

I'm currently on 37.5mg of mk677 per week and prami for somastatin inhibition at the moment. Up until last week I was on a keto diet using insulin on my refeed days and so far believe to have had good results maintaining my gains whilst cruising on AAS. I'll get some blood tests to see what my IGF levels are at in a few weeks ESP now I'm off a keto diet and on a low-moderate carb diet with small amounts of humalog pre/post on certain days.

After my holiday in about a months time I will be upping my cruise dose of AAS slightly and adding mod grf/hex/ipam/huperzine and green tea extract with a very low dose or tren a and more frequent insulin use to see how much further I can elevate my IGF with mk677+peps+slin+low tren and prami as oppose to just mk677 and prami

AAS are currently
300 test e
120 deca

AAS after holiday will probably be
500 test
200 deca
250-300 tren a

And this will only last about 6 weeks before dropping back to my previous cruise before I start blasting decent AAS doses agains. I would hope to got from about my current 218lbs to 230ish at a similar bodyfat. I'm 5'8 at 11% according to a helix scan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm currently on 37.5mg of mk677 per week and prami for somastatin inhibition at the moment. Up until last week I was on a keto diet using insulin on my refeed days and so far believe to have had good results maintaining my gains whilst cruising on AAS. I'll get some blood tests to see what my IGF levels are at in a few weeks ESP now I'm off a keto diet and on a low-moderate carb diet with small amounts of humalog pre/post on certain days.

After my holiday in about a months time I will be upping my cruise dose of AAS slightly and adding mod grf/hex/ipam/huperzine and green tea extract with a very low dose or tren a and more frequent insulin use to see how much further I can elevate my IGF with mk677+peps+slin+low tren and prami as oppose to just mk677 and prami

AAS are currently
300 test e
120 deca

AAS after holiday will probably be
500 test
200 deca
250-300 tren a

And this will only last about 6 weeks before dropping back to my previous cruise before I start blasting decent AAS doses agains. I would hope to got from about my current 218lbs to 230ish at a similar bodyfat. I'm 5'8 at 11% according to a helix scan

Superior, same one I am using. Luckily I still have two bottles left. They left the pep/research game, shut down and moved on to more legal things.

Lucky you , i have been trying to source legit MK for a while , lots of fake MK out there

Superior, same one I am using. Luckily I still have two bottles left. They left the pep/research game, shut down and moved on to more legal things.

x2

Superior's MK-677 was amazing but I have never used another brand so don't have anything to compare it with.

I just ordered some from a UK supplement company. I also ordered their pre workout and amino product to try too. I was thinking about trying their LGD as well. Strangely when I went to order I noticed a new product with both in (10mg mk and 4.5mg lgd). Hopefully it's as good as the Superior stuff. I plan to start it in the new year.

x2

Superior's MK-677 was amazing but I have never used another brand so don't have anything to compare it with.

I just ordered some from a UK supplement company. I also ordered their pre workout and amino product to try too. I was thinking about trying their LGD as well. Strangely when I went to order I noticed a new product with both in (10mg mk and 4.5mg lgd). Hopefully it's as good as the Superior stuff. I plan to start it in the new year.

X3 superior was spot on. And turn around was fast

110% or expect to regret it!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear