over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Modafinil vs armodafinil

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
Question for my brothers on here. Which do you prefer armodafinil or modafinil? I’ve used modafinil several times but wanted never armodafini. I have had my cpap for years and still haven’t gotten use to it (still a work in progress) so I have horrible fatigue throughout the day sometimes. Just wanted your input fellas.

Question for my brothers on here. Which do you prefer armodafinil or modafinil? I’ve used modafinil several times but wanted never armodafini. I have had my cpap for years and still haven’t gotten use to it (still a work in progress) so I have horrible fatigue throughout the day sometimes. Just wanted your input fellas.
I would say I feel slightly less tired with armo otherwise both were pretty similar for me and I take them when either I don't get enough sleep or my events/hour number from the sleep apnea machine is high and I have a lot of critical thinking to do for work.
I do get cottonmouth and have a piss a shit ton when I take either as well.

I’m prescribed armo. Brand makes a huuuuge difference. You could get a good brand moda and it’ll kick the shit out of a crap brand armo.
Good brand vs good brand though armo wins every time. In terms of strength look at it like ALA vs R-ALA, same concept. Teva is the good brand
I forget which brand it is or if they even have it any more but patriot carried a good brand of moda

I’m prescribed armo. Brand makes a huuuuge difference. You could get a good brand moda and it’ll kick the shit out of a crap brand armo.
Good brand vs good brand though armo wins every time. In terms of strength look at it like ALA vs R-ALA, same concept. Teva is the good brand
I forget which brand it is or if they even have it any more but patriot carried a good brand of moda
What do you think of the Indian Signature brand of each. Both seem to work decent for me although I've never had American Pharma of either so I could be taking something that isn't as effective or half as potent, etc...

Hmm maybe that's why I never got much out out of either of the generics I got from India. Although stimulants dont do much for me either...

Good to know though.

What do you think of the Indian Signature brand of each. Both seem to work decent for me although I've never had American Pharma of either so I could be taking something that isn't as effective or half as potent, etc...
Is that the brand name “ Indian signature”? Have not used it

Hmm maybe that's why I never got much out out of either of the generics I got from India. Although stimulants dont do much for me either...

Good to know though.
Just checked my previous scripts, Mylan is the shitty armodafinil. Felt like I was taking nothing. That’s when I picked up the modafinil from patriot and it was way better than that.

Is that the brand name “ Indian signature”? Have not used it
Shit it says Signature on the foil strips but it also has another name, let me check

OK, Signature, HAB Pharmaceuticals- The Armo is called Artvigil and 150 mg and the Mod is Modvigil at 200 mg

I did forget to mention @beast405 that generally armo comes in a lower mg dosage vs mod like above. So mg for mg, I def say armo is more potent.

The first time I ever tried either, I took 1 armo tab and it was too much. I actually got sick after I ate lunch but after I yacked, I was fine.

Ever since, my doses of either armo or mod are just a half tab. The most I will ever take in a day is 2 halves and that's only when I'm really dragging ass and I have a lot of work to do.

I hear others say it helps them in the gym but I have never used it for that, although there are days where I have taken in the morning and I work out later in the day.

OK, Signature, HAB Pharmaceuticals- The Armo is called Artvigil and 150 mg and the Mod is Modvigil at 200 mg

I did forget to mention @beast405 that generally armo comes in a lower mg dosage vs mod like above. So mg for mg, I def say armo is more potent.

The first time I ever tried either, I took 1 armo tab and it was too much. I actually got sick after I ate lunch but after I yacked, I was fine.

Ever since, my doses of either armo or mod are just a half tab. The most I will ever take in a day is 2 halves and that's only when I'm really dragging ass and I have a lot of work to do.

I hear others say it helps them in the gym but I have never used it for that, although there are days where I have taken in the morning and I work out later in the day.
I can’t say for certain. If you can get a hold of patriot thats the only brand moda i can recommend

and my armo is 250, hence the script, because i need it lol

I can’t say for certain. If you can get a hold of patriot thats the only brand moda i can recommend

and my armo is 250, hence the script, because i need it lol
So you take 250 every day? Does it have any negative effect on your blood markers, BP or heart rate? I always thought it was generally safe. It is not an amphetamine like Adderall or Vynase.

So you take 250 every day? Does it have any negative effect on your blood markers, BP or heart rate? I always thought it was generally safe. It is not an amphetamine like Adderall or Vynase.
Yes 250 ED. No impact on blood markers. For people that don’t need it I can see too high of a dose messing w bp. I know that mixing it with certain things like yohimbine is a no go because it can lead to seriously high bp. All individual dependent of course but generally speaking.
Only other thing I’m aware of is a small % of people have an allergic reaction.

No not amphetamine class, pretty sure it has something to do with the D2 receptor and may act on orexin system

Yes 250 ED. No impact on blood markers. For people that don’t need it I can see too high of a dose messing w bp. I know that mixing it with certain things like yohimbine is a no go because it can lead to seriously high bp. All individual dependent of course but generally speaking.
Only other thing I’m aware of is a small % of people have an allergic reaction.

No not amphetamine class, pretty sure it has something to do with the D2 receptor and may act on orexin system

Here you go boo….TLDR…..we ain’t real fucking sure what all Modafinil is fucking with, but it works….

Modafinil has shown the ability to increase HA, NE, 5-HT, and DA levels in the brain (Ferraro et al 2000; de Saint Hilaire et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2002; Madras et al 2006), but modafinil almost certainly exerts some of these effects in part via an indirect mechanism or an upstream site of action. Though the recent paper by Madras and colleagues indicates that modafinil has some physiologically significant effect on the DAT and possibly the NET, not all of modafinil’s effect are likely mediated by this particular mechanism, as the investigators themselves suggest. In vitro studies indicate that modafinil does not directly stimulate 5-HT release, but it does enhance 5-HT tone from neurons or synaptosomes stimulated via other methods (Ferraro et al 2000; Ferraro et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2005). In vivo studies show anatomically selective neurochemical effects of modafinil on monoaminergic systems (de Saint Hilaire et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2002), and, notably, while modafinil increases TMN fos expression (Scammell et al 2000) and HAergic tone it is not able to exert this effect when administered directly into the TMN (Ishizuka et al 2003). Additionally, despite the importance of orexin in the maintenance of vigilance, modafinil is capable of promoting wakefulness in the absence of an orexin receptors or orexinergic neurons (Wisor et al 2001; Willie et al 2005).

Modafinil’s effects on glutamate appear to be quite varied by brain region. It was shown that modafinil increased extracellular glutamate in the medial preoptic and posterior hypothalamus and that this effect was due to the reduction in GABAergic tone mentioned previously (Ferraro et al 1996, 1999). In the thalamus and hippocampus modafinil also appeared to increase glutamate levels, but here it did not alter GABA tone (Ferraro et al 1997a). On the other hand it was observed that modafinil did not significantly increase glutamate in the substantia nigra (except at very high doses), in the striatum, or in the pallidum (Ferraro et al 1998). The effect of modafinil on cortical glutamate is unclear, as it has been reported that modafinil increases cortical glutamate and that modafinil does not significantly increase cortical glutamate (Pierard et al 1995; Bettendorf et al 1996). The possibility that modafinil alters GABA and glutamate synthesis rates was explored as possible explanation of modafinil’s effects, and modafinil exhibited no observable effect on these pathways (Perez de la Mora et al 1999).

Modafinil’s effects on GABA appear to be more consistent across brain regions than its effects on glutamate. Modafinil does not appear to have much effect on GABA in the thalamus or hippocampus, but GABA levels were reduced by modafinil in most brain regions studied: the cortex, medial preoptic area of the hypothalamus, posterior hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens, pallidum, and striatum, and this effect generally appears to be mediated by serotonin (Tanganelli et al 1995; Ferraro et al 1996, 1997a, b, 1998a, b, 1999). Interestingly, in one of these studies (Tanganelli et al 1995) destruction of serotonin neurons with a selective neurotoxin, did not simply block modafinil’s GABA inhibiting effects but caused modafinil to increase cortical GABA. It appears that in this study the GABAergic neurons were strongly inhibited by a serotonergic mechanism and weakly stimulated via a noradrenergic pathway. If modafinil enhances neurotransmitter release via increased electrosecretory coupling, then it would be expected that modafinil would enhance GABA release upon removal of the serotonergic inhibitory influence.

Here you go boo….TLDR…..we ain’t real fucking sure what all Modafinil is fucking with, but it works….

Modafinil has shown the ability to increase HA, NE, 5-HT, and DA levels in the brain (Ferraro et al 2000; de Saint Hilaire et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2002; Madras et al 2006), but modafinil almost certainly exerts some of these effects in part via an indirect mechanism or an upstream site of action. Though the recent paper by Madras and colleagues indicates that modafinil has some physiologically significant effect on the DAT and possibly the NET, not all of modafinil’s effect are likely mediated by this particular mechanism, as the investigators themselves suggest. In vitro studies indicate that modafinil does not directly stimulate 5-HT release, but it does enhance 5-HT tone from neurons or synaptosomes stimulated via other methods (Ferraro et al 2000; Ferraro et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2005). In vivo studies show anatomically selective neurochemical effects of modafinil on monoaminergic systems (de Saint Hilaire et al 2001; Ferraro et al 2002), and, notably, while modafinil increases TMN fos expression (Scammell et al 2000) and HAergic tone it is not able to exert this effect when administered directly into the TMN (Ishizuka et al 2003). Additionally, despite the importance of orexin in the maintenance of vigilance, modafinil is capable of promoting wakefulness in the absence of an orexin receptors or orexinergic neurons (Wisor et al 2001; Willie et al 2005).

Modafinil’s effects on glutamate appear to be quite varied by brain region. It was shown that modafinil increased extracellular glutamate in the medial preoptic and posterior hypothalamus and that this effect was due to the reduction in GABAergic tone mentioned previously (Ferraro et al 1996, 1999). In the thalamus and hippocampus modafinil also appeared to increase glutamate levels, but here it did not alter GABA tone (Ferraro et al 1997a). On the other hand it was observed that modafinil did not significantly increase glutamate in the substantia nigra (except at very high doses), in the striatum, or in the pallidum (Ferraro et al 1998). The effect of modafinil on cortical glutamate is unclear, as it has been reported that modafinil increases cortical glutamate and that modafinil does not significantly increase cortical glutamate (Pierard et al 1995; Bettendorf et al 1996). The possibility that modafinil alters GABA and glutamate synthesis rates was explored as possible explanation of modafinil’s effects, and modafinil exhibited no observable effect on these pathways (Perez de la Mora et al 1999).

Modafinil’s effects on GABA appear to be more consistent across brain regions than its effects on glutamate. Modafinil does not appear to have much effect on GABA in the thalamus or hippocampus, but GABA levels were reduced by modafinil in most brain regions studied: the cortex, medial preoptic area of the hypothalamus, posterior hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens, pallidum, and striatum, and this effect generally appears to be mediated by serotonin (Tanganelli et al 1995; Ferraro et al 1996, 1997a, b, 1998a, b, 1999). Interestingly, in one of these studies (Tanganelli et al 1995) destruction of serotonin neurons with a selective neurotoxin, did not simply block modafinil’s GABA inhibiting effects but caused modafinil to increase cortical GABA. It appears that in this study the GABAergic neurons were strongly inhibited by a serotonergic mechanism and weakly stimulated via a noradrenergic pathway. If modafinil enhances neurotransmitter release via increased electrosecretory coupling, then it would be expected that modafinil would enhance GABA release upon removal of the serotonergic inhibitory influence.
8028D860-78A5-4202-BA01-221D5879D6F6.gif

I was chemically addicted to modafinil and armodafinil on and off for the last 6 years. It's definitely a crutch... sometimes worth leaning on, sometimes not. They say it's not addicting, but that's horseshit. It's not as addicting as an amphetamine or other non-related drugs, but it certainly becomes habit forming and takes some time to come off.

I was probably on it for 3 years straight. Came off 2021 for 3-4 months, and have been on and off since. I haven't taken it in about 3+ months because I was so dependent that I couldn't function without it. 2018-2020'ish, I was either on a full tab of modafinil or armodafinil each day. It absolutely helped my work, motivation, and mood... but it fucked with my sleep. You definitely build it up in your system a bit because of how long the half life is. I'd take it about 6am every morning. Caffeine felt 2x as strong, even if I took caffeine later in the day (5/6pm before gym or bjj). Tough to get to sleep on many nights. It also gave me a bit of erectile dysfunction, similar to too much adderall.

I came down to a half tab for most of the last 3 years, then off. After using it so long, I didn't feel right for a month. The first week was fucking rough. Second week better, but still just couldn't get moving or keep moving to save my life. At the end of the 30 days of being off, I noticed being more relaxed.

It's probably best to use as a temporary tool. A day, a few days, or a few weeks... but have a plan to get off before you start. Don't make it a permanent fixture unless you have a serious medical issue like narcolepsy or something you're completely unable to control. If you can somehow control the variable which makes you need to take it, control the variable instead of taking the drug.

Will I use it again? Yes, absolutely... but I just have a lot more respect for it now than I used to.

I use armodafinil occasionally. If you have anxiety, this will make it worse. It really helps when I have a ton to do but it also causes a lot of anxiety for me. Keep that in mind

I’ll jump in here:

I’ve been taking modafinil on and off for 7 years now. I do it strictly for work performance, I do not need it and do not have it prescribed.

I limit my use to 2-3 times/week, 100mg, taken around 5-5:30 AM.

It’s wildly helpful for me to remain alert and focused at work.

It’s worth mentioning that I often combine it with some nootropics of other kinds, I’m very much your Silicon Valley biohacking type when it comes to mental performance (I help engineer and sell significant cloud computing deals, AI/ML, that sort of stuff).

I find it entirely non-habit forming and have dropped it for weeks, even months at a time during slower periods when I’m not working a big deal or intense project.

Not really of any pertinent use but I took it once from an old Mexico sponsor. I take amps for ADD, these are sometimes sort of compared. It made me feel totally aggitsted and not focused at all, like actually as jisttery and unfocused as possible, like the total opposite of adderal and am not versed but guessing even thou it acts on histamine it was turning into more not epinephrine than dopamine? Or am I totally miss remembering? Anyway I had to take like 5 2 mg Benzos and still wanted to rip my face off. Is they histamine or nor ep that gives s that feelings

I take moda when dealing with increased work requirements. IE: quarter/fiscal year ends, valuations etc etc

It works amazingly well, but I could see it being habit forming.

I’ve taken both US pharma armodanifil and the Wakalert/Artvigil line from India and as long as it’s a legit sponsor company I felt no difference in quality. Now my opinion on the two compounds compared armodanifil 150 and Modanafil 200, I can say for me w/o a doubt the armodanifil wins everytime. But like already mentioned the armodanifil does last longer so if your looking for a 5-6hr help go with the mod. If your looking for a 8-10 hr help go with the arm. And I’ve used both the modalert and modvigil. There was definetly a shitty brand of Mod i used beofre but I can’t remeber what company made them. But the ones I listed I’ve even seen recent Jashnoik test on and they were on point

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear