over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Metal bands with no growling?

Powerwolf.

The lead singer did opera his whole life but got bored. He is obsessed with werewolves, vampires, demons, the undead ect and the lyrics are mostly based on this. So he hooked up with some metal dudes and became Powerwolf.

The sound is 90s metal with the addition of a keyboard dude that usually plays church organ sounds. No screaming, you can hear the opera background in his vocals. He adds lots of Latin in the lyrics too ala years of opera.

If you're sensitive about chrisianity then DO NOT listen to Resurrection by Erection. It's just what it sounds like.

Other than that it's mainly "your bible won't stop us, we're badass werewolves so powerful that we drink silver bullets for shots and we'll drink your blood so don't bother trying to stop us."

It's kinda cheesy, but it's fun.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxFUo7oxWM"]Powerwolf "We Drink Your Blood" (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube[/ame]

I don't want to start a new metal thread.

Anyone have thoughts on this for a beginner?

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

a fellow southpaw...awesome.

looks good to me...but you never know what your getting when you buy something with out hearing what it sounds like...I bought an Ibanez without hearing it(shit...over twenty years ago)and it was horrible...sounded like it was made outta balsa wood...super thin sound.

I recently got a Chinese dean(without hearing it).dimebag model.blue with the cheesy lightning graphics on it...I got lucky it sounds real good.i love it.
its a neck thru body design as opposed to bolt on like the esp your lookin at...I think that has a lot to do with a guitar havin a good tone,but ive heard plenty of bolt ons that sound great.

i used to be a big guitar nerd in my teens and early twenties...getting back into it at 44.its a lot of fun...

I've always wanted to play. Did drums in grade school but quit after two years because the music teacher was a prick.

I don't think I have the foot/hand coordination to play metal on drums. I've played around a bunch with it and I'm goofy. lol

I'm going southpaw because of my injury. I can't get my left hand into proper playing position (can't supinate 100%) but since I'm just starting out, I don't think learning as a lefty will be a big deal. I 100% can't play as a righty.

I actually have the time now and I'm super excited. I'm a few months away from making a purchase. I need to talk to someone about amps, earphones so I can practice without waking the dead, and any kind of pedals or goofy tech shit that I don't know about.

Thanks for the input. I'm excited.

I've always wanted to play. Did drums in grade school but quit after two years because the music teacher was a prick.

I don't think I have the foot/hand coordination to play metal on drums. I've played around a bunch with it and I'm goofy. lol

I'm going southpaw because of my injury. I can't get my left hand into proper playing position (can't supinate 100%) but since I'm just starting out, I don't think learning as a lefty will be a big deal. I 100% can't play as a righty.

I actually have the time now and I'm super excited. I'm a few months away from making a purchase. I need to talk to someone about amps, earphones so I can practice without waking the dead, and any kind of pedals or goofy tech shit that I don't know about.

Thanks for the input. I'm excited.

yeah man...drummers are strange...fascinating how they get all their limbs doin something different

when you decide to pull the trigger I can help you get a cool sound without spending a shit ton of money.feel free to hit me up.

how old is everyone in this thread?

I find as Ive gotten older I dont listen to metal much as I used to. Im almost 34 and used to be big into hardrock/metal when I was 13

white zombie, biohazard (certain songs), pantera, metaliica older albums, master of puppets being favorite probally-ride the lighting as a good one, g n r, man o war, Ironmaiden, melvins has a few good songs. there are more bands/sons im not mentioning or id be here all day.

Ive played this out so much in the gym, I got tired of it so word ofcaution when its start getting old change it, at least thats how it worked for me, i got tired of it and still have no desire to listen to certain songs and bands

now a days I can listen to some good progessive/uplifting trance and train just as hard-its all in the mind

that said, every once in a while ill put some metal into my mp3

Last edited:
Going out Sat...cover band VVX plays Maiden, Dio, Priest and others with a UFO band opening up !!!
Jacked up + Jammin !!!

No growling?
What like death metal or?

call it what u want, but if u don't like these songs
by a seemingly growling vocalist, you don't like good metal.

http://youtu.be/-a6h4QCs0Pg

[ame]http://youtu.be/B9_nsXgtD6k[/ame]

**broken link removed**

I think its a quality guitar. You should go over to a Guitar Center and mess around with a few styles. The only issue I see with this guitar for a beginner is the shape of it. It may be a bit of a pain in the ass to practice with because of the shape; where a more traditional Les Paul or Strat shape guitar is more easily played while learning. ESP is very good quality and construction. I own a ESP LTD Delux EC1000 and it rivals my Gibson Les Paul Standard ; that cost 4x as much.

I think its a quality guitar. You should go over to a Guitar Center and mess around with a few styles. The only issue I see with this guitar for a beginner is the shape of it. It may be a bit of a pain in the ass to practice with because of the shape; where a more traditional Les Paul or Strat shape guitar is more easily played while learning. ESP is very good quality and construction. I own a ESP LTD Delux EC1000 and it rivals my Gibson Les Paul Standard ; that cost 4x as much.

good point on the shape...didn't think of that.

Awesome to see folks bringing up soilwork, they're a long-time favorite.
Thought I might mention that you NEED to check out Disarmonia Mundi. I know very little about them but I recognize the Soilwork singer. I like them even better than Soilwork.

how old is everyone in this thread?

I find as Ive gotten older I dont listen to metal much as I used to. Im almost 34 and used to be big into hardrock/metal when I was 13

white zombie, biohazard (certain songs), pantera, metaliica older albums, master of puppets being favorite probally-ride the lighting as a good one, g n r, man o war, Ironmaiden, melvins has a few good songs. there are more bands/sons im not mentioning or id be here all day.

Ive played this out so much in the gym, I got tired of it so word ofcaution when its start getting old change it, at least thats how it worked for me, i got tired of it and still have no desire to listen to certain songs and bands

now a days I can listen to some good progessive/uplifting trance and train just as hard-its all in the mind

that said, every once in a while ill put some metal into my mp3

Wife and I are in mid 40s with 3 kids. We still listen to heavy shit and most likely always will. Cant get enough.

leeway.agnostic front,strife.terror,hatebreed,dissection,excel,cro mags,bloodclot,lionheart,madball,wisdon in chains,mushmouth,sub zero,jungle rot,goatwhore,soilent green,kyuss,crowbar,asphyx,

Psyclone Nine

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYYRSKOL6B0"]Psyclon Nine - We the fallen - YouTube[/ame]

leeway.agnostic front,strife.terror,hatebreed,dissection,excel,cro mags,bloodclot,lionheart,madball,wisdon in chains,mushmouth,sub zero,jungle rot,goatwhore,soilent green,kyuss,crowbar,asphyx,

Kyuss and Agnostic Front....Going back a bit. Cool shit!!!!!

I cannot get into any of the new bands guess I never made it past the 80s hair bands and some old fashioned guns n roses

I cannot get into any of the new bands guess I never made it past the 80s hair bands and some old fashioned guns n roses

How you like Steel Panther?
Underneath that humor there's an awesome band with talented songwriting skills.
These guys are also funny as hell if you check their interviews on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131