over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OMEGA 3 ALTERNATIVES HELP

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I cant do fish oil, krill oil, etc, I get nasty GI reactions immediately anytime, every brand, any brand, for 16 years

I am not convinced with the ALA conversion via flax and chia.

I have been having my eye on algae oil for omega 3 as an alternative,

can anyone please recommend some alternatives to raise my omega 3 levels?

my skin is dry af always for years I know this is a culprit also, extremely dry, face legs everywhere except shoulders chest back , scalp is also dry. I use head and shoulders periodically but does not help. its like skin dandruff everywhere

Algae oil as you mention is your best option if you want to supplement, also if you can eat them, Mackerel, Herring, Oysters, Sardines and Salmon (I recently read Borge Fagerli mentioning Mackerel and Oysters are Omega 3´s without supplements) if you can´t eat fish then reconsider your stance on flax and chia and also look at walnuts.

I cant do fish oil, krill oil, etc, I get nasty GI reactions immediately anytime, every brand, any brand, for 16 years

my skin is dry af always for years I know this is a culprit also, extremely dry, face legs everywhere except shoulders chest back , scalp is also dry. I use head and shoulders periodically but does not help. its like skin dandruff everywhere
Mac oil is my go to these days.

Being serious on this, but can you eat fish and salmon without issues?

We get so caught up with supplements these days that we forget we can just add some salmon to our diet.

For many people fish doesn’t bother them. It’s just the processed oils.

All great options above brother, if eating fatty fish is not a option, nuts ect are great alternatives...you OBV already know this

I'm a stickler for always raising my HDL.

I'm a keto guy, so adding adding chia seeds and flax are my go to's for added fibre.

However, I have not heard you mention hemp seeds?

I have also added this to my shakes/meals for the last year, had blood tests, my HDL has never been better.

Food is king.

Side note - is there a problem with your HDL blood work? Or do you feel your not just getting enough O 3's.

Mac oil is my go to these days.

Being serious on this, but can you eat fish and salmon without issues?

We get so caught up with supplements these days that we forget we can just add some salmon to our diet.

For many people fish doesn’t bother them. It’s just the processed oils.
cod I eat daily, I mean in capsule form , but you're right, ill eat more fish

Did you try to eat them with food? It is oil after all. Some people, especially with age, lack the enzymes to break it down, I heard Dean St. Mart talk about it. I switched to a liquid Krill Oil, and just add it to my salad oil. Tastes good, and mixed in with all the other food, I get zero digestive issues anymore. I had absurdly nasty smelling fish-smell burps even from small amounts, or just having run through my colon undigested when taken on an empty stomach on its own.

Or I pour it over my steamed vegetables (afterwards of course, heating the oils must be avoided).

Dude, I hear ya. I have yet to meet an Omega-3 fish oil capsule product that I didn't dead-fish burp up into my mouth several times a day after ingestion. Horrible. I hate fish, they freak me out. But nasty fish burps and fish indigestion?? SOOOO much worse.

Haven’t used this product specifically but have used others in their product line. 👍🏻

Little pricey though

I don't know what problems you are having but I always felt ill and would burp them up. I put them in the freezer and that went away. I am guessing the capsules.get further down the.digestive track before releasing the oil.

Damn this is the first time I have ever heard this ^^^ I personally don't know anyone that cant handle fish oil.
I learn something new everyday!

I use chia seeds 1-2 tablespoons per day. Not sure about the whole ALA conversion but man does it promotes nice healthy bowel movements.

I don't know what problems you are having but I always felt ill and would burp them up. I put them in the freezer and that went away. I am guessing the capsules.get further down the.digestive track before releasing the oil.
thats a hack im willing to try! and yes same symptoms as u

This is what I would tell me nutrition clients to do that get fish burps. I've never had fish burps but god they sound terrible.

Freezing fish oil -supposedly- helps reduce gastrointestinal issues- aftertaste, burps.

Didn't see this before I posted. I've heard the same. I personally haven't tried freezing them. I haven't experienced unpleasant after effects either. Worth a shot.

I was going to recommend the freezer as well. I take 10 grams of omega 3 capsules a day. They are enteric coated and I freeze them .
I take 5 grams twice a day and ZERO acid or burps.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131