advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Performance MacroPhase - (Hyrox Hong Kong, Muay Thai World Championships, Speed Camp)

Training
June 23
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai - Fundamentals Workshop
Directly into Performance
10 Row
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Power 6 Rounds
Land Mine Press + 100M Farmers Carry

June 24
Human Performance
30 Elliptical
15 Row
2x3 Banded Warm Up
Strength
5x3-4 8 inch positive deadlifts @505
Performance 3 Rounds
Barbell SLDLx10, barbell floor pressx10, TRX row x20, 50lb weighted ball over shoulder x 6
Activation
6x20 Band Assisted Pull Ups+100M Farmers Carry
Misc Activation 5 Rounds
Reverse banded Nordics, banded face pulls, banded knee flexions

June 25
Morning Cardio
30 Elliptical
15 Stretch
40 Run

June 26
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (check and return)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (light sparring)
Straight into Performance
10 Row
2x3 Bands
Strength
5x15 Dumbell SLDL
6x3-5 Barbell Back Squats
Circuit 5 Rounds
Land Mine Press, banded back pulls, reverse nordics, banded leg extensions

June 27
Morning Skills
10 Row
60 Muay Thai (balance work)
10 Row
2x3 Banded Warm Up (active recovery)

Photos from 26th
Weight came in at 202 after training, did a massive refeed day afterwards came back in the 27th at 214.

Two short clips amazing how fast I can pile water weight back on. First time using the banded resistance for kicks. Second video - get a nice little laugh at me haha

Attachments

• IMG_3227.png
    IMG_3227.png
    763.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3228.png
    IMG_3228.png
    772.3 KB · Views: 39
Training
June 28
10 Row
60 Muay Thai - (non traditional kicks)
1 Hour Break
30 Elliptical
10 Row
2x3 Band Warm Up
Pre-Hab
4x15 lower back plyometric hyper extensions
Strength
4x3-5 Back Squats
4x15 Dumbell SLDL

June 29
Morning Skills
60 Muay Thai (Low Kick Emphasis)
Afternoon Skills
60 Muay Thai (Boxing Emphasis)

June 30
Off Completely

July 1
Morning Cardio
30 Elliptical
10 Stretching
40 LSD Run

Afternoon Hotel Gym Session
30 Elliptical
30 Min Arnold Pump Session - Full Body

July 2
Off Completely

July 3
Morning Cardio
30 Elliptical
10 Stretching
40 LSD Jog

Went to Da Nang for the weekend, about to fly back to HCM. Last week at Saigon Sports Club then back to Phuket

Updates playing around with sodium and carb intake as my weight is tanking. Never been able to fluctuate weight so damn quickly. 204 pounds vs 221 pounds 48 hour difference

Attachments

• IMG_3350.png
    IMG_3350.png
    329 KB · Views: 37
Went to Da Nang for the weekend, about to fly back to HCM. Last week at Saigon Sports Club then back to Phuket

Updates playing around with sodium and carb intake as my weight is tanking. Never been able to fluctuate weight so damn quickly. 204 pounds vs 221 pounds 48 hour difference
Were you trying to add weight back on or water cut for a weigh-in?

Hey man - Honestly just dropping weight so quickly with the heat and humidity out here.

weight just falls off me here. Would prefer to hold onto as much sodium/water as possible as my training begins to suffer.

I’ll rebound however and the rapid accumulation of the weight back spikes my BP.

Never had this issue before so it’s a bit of a mindfuck trying to figure it out.
Were you trying to add weight back on or water cut for a weigh-in?

Have some more unfortunate news, well sake of the log.

Just snagged a new contract for work, having to fly home tonight. About to head in for my last session with the boys at SSC.

Additional Data Points

Training Philosophy

Mesocycle will be broken up into the following macrocycles

• Hyrox Prep + Environmental Adaptation [(April 12-May 14) once per day muay thai added May 8-12)
  • Worlds Prep [(May 23-July 31st) Muay Thai 2x Per Day (July 20-31 3x per day)
  • Deload (Aug 4-22)
  • Speed Camp (August 23-October 26th
Diet
Hyrox -
Diet will be strict one week out, will be bouncing between Bangkok, Singapore and Phuket from April 24th-May 7th wife family. Wanting to enjoy the experience with them. Will make up caloric differences with junk volume/work capacity if needed before starting to peak for event.
Worlds - July 20-31 Everything will be weighed/measured. One cheat meal per day from Jul 10-20th.
Deload - Road Trip through Japan. Fuck off diet.
Speed Camp - Depending on shape I return to States in will dictate. Oct 7-14th one cheat meal per day, 14th-26th no cheat meals. Wanting to come in around 200+/-5

OTC Supplements
Athletic Greens, Dr. Price Electrolytes, Extend BCAA + Hydration, BPN G1M, Ascent Pre Workout, Curcumin, Resveratrol, VO2 Max, Metformin 500mg 2x per day, Liv52, Magnesium, DHEA

Miscellaneous
Various Deloads are included in my schedule, weekend trips from Phuket. During these trips LSD runs + functional fitness to enhance recovery/neurological adaptation.
It seems from your posts and goals you do alot more weekly work than most, it seems. As someone who works in the field and collects data, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on CrossFit. Not because I want to do it but feel like looking at these guys maybe useful when we think "does overtraining exist" because seems like they spend more hours in the gym than bbers

1. Do you think most are overrated?
2. Is there anything of value we can learn from this training style..even if it's that we can handle more than we think?
3. Those who look good, why? Is it more just the ones that do have genetics? They grow from putting in work period aka volume? I think once Mike Israetel said the reason some are so jacked is simply because they train so much (minutes per week) lol

It seems from your posts and goals you do alot more weekly work than most, it seems. As someone who works in the field and collects data, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on CrossFit. Not because I want to do it but feel like looking at these guys maybe useful when we think "does overtraining exist" because seems like they spend more hours in the gym than bbers

1. Do you think most are overrated?
2. Is there anything of value we can learn from this training style..even if it's that we can handle more than we think?
3. Those who look good, why? Is it more just the ones that do have genetics? They grow from putting in work period aka volume? I think once Mike Israetel said the reason some are so jacked is simply because they train so much (minutes per week) lol

Good evening man - hope you are doing well.

1. Could you please rephrase this.
2. I think this answer is going to offend some people here but I am a firm believer of this. Bodybuilders do not train hard. I've spent time at Metroflex, Destination, Dragon's Den, etc. and outside of a handful of guys that will go hard for a few sets I just haven't seen it. When I hear guys talking about "Overtraining" in a conventional setting it seems to be the Jeff Nippard guys, all science based with no intensity. When I think of overtraining I break it down into a few factors
  • Neurological load - how much can the athlete actually handle both intensity wise as well as volume before their RHR spikes and HRV lowers?
  • The ability to process metabolic waste.
  • The "strength" and resiliency of the muscle group itself to not be susceptible to injury.
3. The guys that compete in the games etc. are examples of honestly physical perfection. Their balance of muscle fibers, ability to process lactate, ability to handle high neurological load - usually this comes with physical adaptations as well that are aesthetic.

I can only use myself and my close friends for anecdotal evidence - we all had relatively long careers in the military with various groups. Talking about the ability to process neurological load for instance - I cannot sleep for more than 3.5 hours straight unless I do a two-a-day or have some utterly insane single day training session. Physically I may need that sleep but neurologically I have adapted over the years to being able to process unusual strain on my CNS so to speak. By no means am I saying reduced sleep is healthy or an adaptation one should aspire for - Its' sincerely a curse. Numerous sleep studies done, all conclusively state I reach full REM, get two cycles and am kicked out nearly immediately once that second cycle ends.

Something to learn - I am a big fan of Ross Edgley's books, his programming (not so much) but he essentially breaks the year down into macrocycles for training goals - one of his quarters he will call his "wintering" medium intensity with one or two high intensity days but absolutely massive volume. By doing so he is able to create that neurological burden to increase his threshold to sustain more high output days when he begins to peak. He also essentially trains his body to deal with higher levels of metabolic waste over time allowing him to recover at a much faster rate.

Something else that has made my fitness journey much more enjoyable is cycling my goals much like I do the compounds I run. Whether it be 3-4 months of focusing on strength, general endurance, or prepping for a Muay Thai camp something is always changing and evolving and progress becomes this never ending scale. I personally couldn't just focus on aesthetics year in and year out. If thats you, whomever is reading this, you are far more disciplined than I. It just doesn't pique my interest. I don't think alot of "bodybuilders" realize they can just hit the gym twice a week and focus on a sport once they have that base, your maintenance becomes passive essentially.

Crossfit though - back to the original topic is an entirely different beast. No one is squatting 800+ pounds or benching 505+ or running 4:30 miles... Its a general and all around implementation of fitness, something primal that we all have within us. By not having to be 100% at one specific metric we can easily become 75% at 6-8 different things.

Totally agree. I'm not the strongest thing walking. But I can run my ass off now. Hit 9miles today. I really took off with running, when I dialed everything back a few months ago. I just focused on walking every morning 3miles. then started introducing slow jogs. Then now the last month I've been running 1-2x a day. and still lifting. I Can go into any commercial gym and walk out one of the strongest in there... if not the strongest, probably top 10. Out of all age ranges.
While still looking better than those who are stronger. I'm all about the hybrid athlete thing anyway. That means. Having endurance. Stamina. Strength. Looking good.

I'm all about the hybrid athlete thing anyway. That means. Having endurance. Stamina. Strength. Looking good.

100% this

Its' sincerely amazing how much time it takes (effort and willpower as well) to go from the 85% solution to the 95% solution. Its' a parabolic curve in regards to time management and lifestyle commitment. Give me 75-85% at a given skill and let me be able to crush multiple different modalities for the same time commitment as 95% at one thing.

You guys have seen my photos, I am not the biggest nor leanest guy - and I am 100% ok with that. This allows me to do whatever and whenever I want - I think for me specifically I struggled alot with body "dysmorphia" as a younger man and really wanted the six pack year round etc. Now I want to be able to enjoy my adventures with my wife and the boys and not be held back by anything. Perhaps it all just ebbs and flows as passions change and mental health (for me at least) gets better or worse.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131