over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Restricted blood flow training

Sounds like the makings of a blood clot to me.

I'm sorry to Alfresco or anyone else who is hating on this...and i'm not even a proponent of this. But IT DOES WORK.

This method has several studies showing it's usefulness is A. stimulating metabolic stress (Scott Stevenson's PUMP sets in Fortitude Training and based off of occlusion training) and B. a way to stimulate much higher intensities with a lower load. I know several PL who have used this during injuries. Just as a way to stimulate the muscle while they can't push high loads.

I'd suggest everyone read up. There is tons of anecdotal evidence too...so this is science AND broscience haha.

I'm sorry to Alfresco or anyone else who is hating on this...and i'm not even a proponent of this. But IT DOES WORK.

This method has several studies showing it's usefulness is A. stimulating metabolic stress (Scott Stevenson's PUMP sets in Fortitude Training and based off of occlusion training) and B. a way to stimulate much higher intensities with a lower load. I know several PL who have used this during injuries. Just as a way to stimulate the muscle while they can't push high loads.

I'd suggest everyone read up. There is tons of anecdotal evidence too...so this is science AND broscience haha.

I'm getting good results with my quads. Occlusion training works!!! I had to move to this because of my extreme knee pain and it now allows me to train with no pain. You guys remind me of a bunch of old gear heads sitting on a park bench describing the faster car than the buddy that just described his. It's called bench racing. LOL......how about you get off your asses and try it before rubbing your chin and just speculating non existent factiods……..

Last edited:
Well I gotta tell you guys that I tried it last night during my leg training.
I pre-exhaust my quads with extensions and curls then leg press high rep heavy shit. Then squats lots of sets and reps. So then I went back to the leg extensions wrapped my upper thighs chose 60 lbs for weight. I only made it through 2 sets it was an insane pump it was so crazy that when I got into the tan bed after training I couldn't lay on my stomach because my thighs we're still so swelled up lol.
I'll try arms sometime this week.
I'll have to admit I was pretty skeptical about this just like most of you guys but I'll give it a fair assessment and decide if it works for me.

What is the benefit to risk ratio? If it's going to get me another eighth of an inch on a body part....... I'll pass.

You don't want to occlude but restrict veinous blood flow.

I'm getting good results with my quads. Occlusion training works!!! I had to move to this because of my extreme knee pain and it now allows me to train with no pain. You guys remind me of a bunch of old gear heads sitting on a park bench describing the faster car than the buddy that just described his. It's called bench racing. LOL......how about you get off your asses and try it before rubbing your chin and just speculating non existent factiods……..

I've been using RBF training for about six weeks and can say it is a painful,hellacious pump on both arms and legs.Restriction time is limited to 20 minites once properly applied.Control over the pressure applied is critical to get restriction without creating occludded blood flow which could result in a clot.It could cause nero-muscular damage similar to rhabdomyalisis if heavy loads are used.I have thus far been impressed with the results.

Thanks MrBob that's the kind of information I was looking for.

I did apply this type of technique on my arms for over 10 weeks(twice a week)while sipping my intra(hbcd/eaa...); incredible pumps keeping the bands strapped right in between the delts and tri/biceps for about 50 minutes, I started the strapping time length at 20 minutes, problem is, no lasting results(increase) in terms of arm circumference.

My way of thinking on this is to use it at the end of training. I feel it would be detrimental not to use heavy weight and tear down muscle tissue, then use the bands to get more blood than normal in there to help repair the damage?
OMG I'm turning into one of those who overthink the process lol

Weights you pick em up and you put em down the guy that pics up the most wins.

The problem is that people think they need to switch their volume completely to occlusion type work—which they do not.

If anyone has read Dr. Scott's Fortitude, there are multiple ways to stimulate tissue growth. Accumulation of volume, progressive overload as well as metabolic stress. So Scotts program has 3 different ways to grow. Can you grow well just doing 1? Yep. DC training does well and only one very well.
But If i were smart, I'd try use a variety of training stimulus to grow. So juuuust doing occlusion work on my biceps? Nah, i'd throw some more stuff in there. But occlusion is definitely stomething i would and have experimented with.

Kinda like having sex with a cock ring. Give a sense of over inflation during intercourse.
Some find that pleasant, other dont.

Nice article! Kinda confirms my thinking you need to tear down the muscle tissue with heavy training then follow it up with BFR

Kinda like having sex with a cock ring. Give a sense of over inflation during intercourse.
Some find that pleasant, other dont.

Whst a perfect example lol... Definitely hard pass for me

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear