over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sam Sulek

I never think about Sam until this thread gets bumped.

But I do have one question- does he intend to ever actually compete?

Serious question as I don’t watch any of his content nor care to. But good for him for making more money and being more famous than 90% of the guys who DO compete.

That’s badass bro 🙄

Would I do it? Hell no. But honestly, if these people look up to him and really value meeting him, why does it bother you they wait in line?
Nah the only the thing that had me in such shock and awe was a few people saying “I just want to touch his hat” or I want to feel his hair” almost like an obsession.

Nah the only the thing that had me in such shock and awe was a few people saying “I just want to touch his hat” or I want to feel his hair” almost like an obsession.
The fanboying is definitely cringey, but honestly not as cringey to me as saying to random strangers “you’re pathetic” because they are in a line

He is one of the least outlandish of most YouTubers I have seen. Seems to be at least somewhat himself and not trying to create some character or be something he is not, which is appealing. He loves the sport and has a great build. I personally am not sold on him ever having a ton of competitive success, meaning pro or even top tier amateur, but he doesn’t need to.

Not sure I would pay or even stand in line to meet him, but I bet he would be pretty cool to talk to. Just seems like a down to earth guy. I think many people can kind of relate to him, while some of these other loudmouths and show offs are difficult to like yet alone relate to. They can be hard to watch.

It is bad when you “force” yourself to listen to someone because they do have good info but are crazy annoying. For me it’s not long before the cost outweighs the benefit.

Picture of line waiting to pay for Sam's autograph pictures. sheep-walking-in-line-CF252Y.jpg

Picture of line waiting to pay for Sam's autograph pictures. View attachment 196472
Honestly, every time I’ve seen you discuss Sam you seem to have a strong dislike for him. I recall you saying he’ll blow all his money and end up with nothing earlier in this thread (even though he’s still simultaneously getting a degree in engineering), then comparing him to your young friend who has a business and stating how he has also won titles (not sure why it has to be a competition). What’s up there?

It’s funny, I hardly care to watch the kid yet find myself defending himself and his fans in this thread because it seems like people hate on him for genuinely no reason 🤷‍♂️

When I was getting first into lifting I was the same way with other idols I had. They weren’t YouTube stars because that wasn’t really a thing, but we all had idols getting started and people we looked up to.

Honestly, every time I’ve seen you discuss Sam you seem to have a strong dislike for him. I recall you saying he’ll blow all his money and end up with nothing earlier in this thread (even though he’s still simultaneously getting a degree in engineering), then comparing him to your young friend who has a business and stating how he has also won titles (not sure why it has to be a competition). What’s up there?

It’s funny, I hardly care to watch the kid yet find myself defending himself and his fans in this thread because it seems like people hate on him for genuinely no reason 🤷‍♂️

When I was getting first into lifting I was the same way with other idols I had. They weren’t YouTube stars because that wasn’t really a thing, but we all had idols getting started and people we looked up to.
I could care less one way or another about him. I don't know him on a personal level or follow him, so I neither like or dislike him.

He is just the latest flavor and unless he competes and does something substantial in bodybuilding, he will fade away from the limelight. Most youtube sensations do. Come back to this thread in 2 years and see.

This is professional muscle and an advanced board. What would he really contribute here? You got quite a few very intellectual people here you can actual learn from.

I guess I am more enlighten from people who can stimulate my intellect then following a youbtube sensation. He hasn't done or said anything that hasn't been said or done before.

This is professional muscle and an advanced board. What would he really contribute here? You got quite a few very intellectual people here you can actual learn from.
I don’t see how that’s really relevant to this discussion, as I don’t think he’d ever claim to be able to contribute anything special. He’s only young 20s. However, a thread on him is definitely relevant as he’s huge in our industry so I kind of understand at least bringing it up.

However, as far as having to achieve something competitively or “substantial” I don’t think you have to compete to contribute. Hell, some of our best posters here don’t compete. As far as achieving something substantial in bodybuilding, I’d say his physique for his age is an achievement. I also think he’s doing a great job at showing young men to focus more on training hard and less on the minutia, as well as discussing the importance of having a positive mindset while also learning to challenge yourself.

But I get it, influencers come and go. Who knows how long he’ll be around. This high won’t last forever. I just don’t see any reason to think negatively of him. You say you don’t, and if that’s what you feel I believe you it just definitely didn’t come across that way if I’m being completely truthful.

I’m all for intellectual content too, but people also like entertainment. If someone’s entertained and enjoys watching Sam train I see no issue. I don’t think he ever claims to be some beacon of knowledge, quite the opposite actually.

To be honest, I respect Sam a lot - he's a great young guy who has succeeded in taking advantage of the opportunities of today.
He has already earned literally millions and what should I take away from the fact that he used YT for this? that guests didn't have this 30 years ago...? Fuck times are moving forward and if someone can't come to terms with it that's their problem. This boy is taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the Internet - if anyone thinks it's nothing special, show me another person who did the same thing.

Besides, Sam doesn't look like someone who wastes his money - he still drives a crappy car and wears old tracksuits. Unlike many bodybuilders who, instead of investing the money they now earn from good contracts buy expensive cars and luxury apartments without thinking about what will happen when they suddenly stop being good and the money from contracts runs out.

I never think about Sam until this thread gets bumped.

But I do have one question- does he intend to ever actually compete?

Serious question as I don’t watch any of his content nor care to. But good for him for making more money and being more famous than 90% of the guys who DO compete.
He wants to compete in classic physique(because he realizes he has not enough mass for open). In time he wants to switch to open

Your defense of Sam fanboys is also strange.
Because what harm are they doing by looking up to a celebrity? I looked up to many bodybuilders when I was first starting, and can think of ones I’d definitely wait in line for.

I’m also a musician. I can still think of many artist today whom I look up to and would wait in line for. Having idols and successful people who inspire you and you respect is a pretty normal human characteristic. It doesn’t mean you worship them or want to be them.

Because what harm are they doing by looking up to a celebrity? I looked up to many bodybuilders when I was first starting, and can think of ones I’d definitely wait in line for.
There’s a lot of hate for a young guy with a good head on his shoulders who’s making more money and impact off of this hobby than most make off of a career.

I’d rather my kids look up to a guy who spends his time training and pursuing an engineering degree than some junkie rapper or celebrity.

The kid never says anything negative about anyone. He doesn’t talk about politics. He’s not on social media acting like a thug or some badass.

I think a lot of people don’t even realize they’re jealous.
How many people here wouldn’t have loved to make money off of doing what you love?
I’m almost 40 and to see so much hate from grown men towards the guy and his fans is just beyond stupid.

Theres not enough positive male role models in the world anymore and it’s a shame that people in the community shit on one of the few that there is.

He’d be accepted if he stood on stage?
He doesn’t need to. What benefit would there be?

Fuck times are moving forward and if someone can't come to terms with it that's their problem. This boy is taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the Internet - if anyone thinks it's nothing special, show me another person who did the same thing.
That’s really what I’m seeing here. People thinking I’m defending him or his fans… well yeah. Because what is there to hate?

I really can’t believe I’m having to “defend” anyone, Sam OR his fans. Where is all this judgement coming from? It’s just weird to me and seems like many are just envious of what he’s achieved given how it happened. If Sam was some POS person and a bad influence that’d be one thing, but all this hate is just… strange in my opinion. Young men years ago would be waiting in lines to meet their favorite action movie star, but now because times have changed and you can more easily reach an audience it seems to upset folks. Seems to stem from jealousy if I’m being honest.

Your defense of Sam fanboys is also strange.
Im not a fan of country music. I pretty much hate all of it. However I’d never see a line of people waiting to get into a Morgan Wallen concert and think they are pathetic lol. That’s just fucking weird to me. All I can say is I can never see myself hating on something harmless that others get enjoyment or value out of. It seems like pointless negativity.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Connorarcher12
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws