over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Sam Sulek

I could care less one way or another about him. I don't know him on a personal level or follow him, so I neither like or dislike him.

He is just the latest flavor and unless he competes and does something substantial in bodybuilding, he will fade away from the limelight. Most youtube sensations do. Come back to this thread in 2 years and see.

This is professional muscle and an advanced board. What would he really contribute here? You got quite a few very intellectual people here you can actual learn from.

I guess I am more enlighten from people who can stimulate my intellect then following a youbtube sensation. He hasn't done or said anything that hasn't been said or done before.
Yup. I agree (bolded). Said this before. Reminds me of those that came before. I have the images in my brain but can’t recall them . . . they were so notable and unforgettable 😉

There’s a lot of hate for a young guy with a good head on his shoulders who’s making more money and impact off of this hobby than most make off of a career.

I’d rather my kids look up to a guy who spends his time training and pursuing an engineering degree than some junkie rapper or celebrity.

The kid never says anything negative about anyone. He doesn’t talk about politics. He’s not on social media acting like a thug or some badass.

I think a lot of people don’t even realize they’re jealous.
How many people here wouldn’t have loved to make money off of doing what you love?
I’m almost 40 and to see so much hate from grown men towards the guy and his fans is just beyond stupid.

Theres not enough positive male role models in the world anymore and it’s a shame that people in the community shit on one of the few that there is.

He’d be accepted if he stood on stage?
He doesn’t need to. What benefit would there be?
Bodybuilding is full of the most jealous, insecure people. A lot of people got into this because of insecurities or being bullied or feeling inadequate. So of course when someone is young, successful and humble like Sam, it triggers these people. They just can’t wait to see him fall.

Bodybuilding is full of the most jealous, insecure people. A lot of people got into this because of insecurities or being bullied or feeling inadequate. So of course when someone is young, successful and humble like Sam, it triggers these people. They just can’t wait to see him fall.
Jealousy and insecurity are general human traits

bodybuilding doesn‘t even enter into it

Yup. I agree (bolded). Said this before. Reminds me of those that came before. I have the images in my brain but can’t recall them . . . they were so notable and unforgettable 😉

I agree he may "come and go". But the guy also is making $150K+ per month, is finishing school, drives around his old car, and basically told his financial advisor "I want to make sure I'm good forever". He knows this could be short lived (the fame I mean, I think he will continue doing his thing long term). Soft spoken, overall good natured and kind and seemingly pretty responsible.

I don't really watch Sam much but he trains at the gym I sometimes go to and is local and he is just a nice guy that likes to train and seems to be keeping his head on straight while making $1.5m+ a year almost overnight as a 23 year old.

I agree he may "come and go". But the guy also is making $150K+ per month, is finishing school, drives around his old car, and basically told his financial advisor "I want to make sure I'm good forever". He knows this could be short lived (the fame I mean, I think he will continue doing his thing long term). Soft spoken, overall good natured and kind and seemingly pretty responsible.

I don't really watch Sam much but he trains at the gym I sometimes go to and is local and he is just a nice guy that likes to train and seems to be keeping his head on straight while making $1.5m+ a year almost overnight as a 23 year old.
I have all the respect in the world for him in this day of age that is so rare

Pesty and Alfresco have good points. Sam likely will come and go. He will graduate, get a job, get married, have kids, and likely leave the social media scene behind, too busy with real life and already have nice finances.

I. don’t think he will compete and if he did I don’t think he would do particularly well on a national stage.

In 10 years there may be a “what happened to Sam Sulek” and he is married with kids and a normal job, still lifts, maybe even still juices a bit. And that would not be a bad thing, at least he wouldn’t be dead or dying or still trying to be relevant by compromising his character to earn a buck.

Pesty and Alfresco have good points. Sam likely will come and go. He will graduate, get a job, get married, have kids, and likely leave the social media scene behind, too busy with real life and already have nice finances.

I. don’t think he will compete and if he did I don’t think he would do particularly well on a national stage.

In 10 years there may be a “what happened to Sam Sulek” and he is married with kids and a normal job, still lifts, maybe even still juices a bit. And that would not be a bad thing, at least he wouldn’t be dead or dying or still trying to be relevant by compromising his character to earn a buck.
ok maybe he won't be on social media in 10 years but so what? now he has his 5 minutes and earns money for the entire future and at this moment he has already done more than most of us will earn in our entire lives - praise him for that

I think a lot of people don't even understand why people are actually following Sam. It doesn't even have anything to do with the gym. It's strictly just because he is a likeable guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he could move on to flying model airplanes and he'd have the same following.

I find him pretty dang cool. I don’t follow him too much, don’t agree with everything either, but he is a positive influence compared to a lot of douchebags I see out there these days. Young guy doing something good and making money off of it is pretty cool.

Because what harm are they doing by looking up to a celebrity? I looked up to many bodybuilders when I was first starting, and can think of ones I’d definitely wait in line for.

I’m also a musician. I can still think of many artist today whom I look up to and would wait in line for. Having idols and successful people who inspire you and you respect is a pretty normal human characteristic. It doesn’t mean you worship them or want to be them.

Being an artist, precisely you, you should see the difference between admiring someone for being talented and following someone simply for being famous.

When I was young I looked up to Ronnie, Flex or Jay, no one else below that level.

Kids who watch any professional sport look at the athletes who compete and win, not the ones who play tik tok. Or at least, that's the way it has always been, when human beings celebrated glory, talent and victory, but not anymore.

That’s really what I’m seeing here. People thinking I’m defending him or his fans… well yeah. Because what is there to hate?

I really can’t believe I’m having to “defend” anyone, Sam OR his fans. Where is all this judgement coming from? It’s just weird to me and seems like many are just envious of what he’s achieved given how it happened. If Sam was some POS person and a bad influence that’d be one thing, but all this hate is just… strange in my opinion. Young men years ago would be waiting in lines to meet their favorite action movie star, but now because times have changed and you can more easily reach an audience it seems to upset folks. Seems to stem from jealousy if I’m being honest.

Why do you think that the criticism is due to hatred or envy? There are plenty of fitness bitches on OL, do you think people envy them because they make more money than the real fitness athletes?

In fact, Sam and none of those whores are the problem, if there is a problem it would be society's standards.

The success of Sam, DLB, Liver King, Greg D and any of these characters is not proportional to their sporting achievements.

I guess some of us don't like living in a world where the best are not rewarded or valued, where meritocracy no longer exists.

ok maybe he won't be on social media in 10 years but so what? now he has his 5 minutes and earns money for the entire future and at this moment he has already done more than most of us will earn in our entire lives - praise him for that
I did, he is getting his 5 minutes of fame and will be done and instead of being dead in 10 years like we have seen others in the bodybuilding social media circle he will probably have a good life and a career not on social media or bodybuilding.

I think you misread, I was praising him for likely getting in and then getting out without ruining his health or making a fool of himself which is what many of these social media characters do, in my opinion.

As far as making money being the end all be all of success and life, I am of a different opinion than that. But to each his own there.

Being an artist, precisely you, you should see the difference between admiring someone for being talented and following someone simply for being famous.

When I was young I looked up to Ronnie, Flex or Jay, no one else below that level.

Kids who watch any professional sport look at the athletes who compete and win, not the ones who play tik tok. Or at least, that's the way it has always been, when human beings celebrated glory, talent and victory, but not anymore.
“Play tiktok”? What does this mean?

Also, what is wrong with looking up to someone more relatable?

And not exactly, as a musician I look up to more the artist that inspired me the most in my sound and what I play, not exactly the textbook “best” or most “talented”.

Again though, honestly to me this is all irrelevant. What is the HARM in the fact that people look up to him? What is the DOWNSIDE to him being successful and having fans and making income? What logical reason is there to be negative about this?

That right there is why I really conclude it’s a jealousy thing… cause what else could it be? Lol

Why do you think that the criticism is due to hatred or envy?
Because what else could it really be. What is there to criticize about Sam? What negative thing is there to criticize about young men looking up to him? I can’t think of any other logical reason.

I’m all years if you have anything.

Because what else could it really be. What is there to criticize about Sam? What negative thing is there to criticize about young men looking up to him? I can’t think of any other logical reason.

I’m all years if you have anything.

Because he cut his hair ? 🤷‍♂️

I have already given my arguments, you don't seem to understand them. I believe in sports meritocracy. Social media allows anyone with literally no talent or skill to be very popular.

According to you, criticizing that social phenomenon is an act of envy or hate. Imagine the historians who criticized the phenomenon of slavery, according to you, they were envious of the wealth of the masters.

For the record, there are many people much more famous than Sam, but we don't know them because they are not in this industry or appear in boards.

I wish Sam would go into film like Arnold and make 100 times more money and be much more successful.

I'd be happy with that, as long as the bodybuilding industry only talked about athletes who compete and win tournaments and not youtubers.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws