over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shawn Ray- Gurus, Killers & Liars

I seriously doubt any coach has produced as many positive results as Shelby has, and I doubt any of them have had athletes win more pro cards.

No one doubts his ability to get women in shape and get amazing results ... but no one should be taken seriously if have more than 400 clients. I mean, he posts on his Instagram about 15 or 20 women, maybe they are receiving more individual treatment, but what about all the others?

And everything goes in one package, if you have more girls than anyone other guru, it will be easier to get victories in the shows, heck, in some womens Physique pro shows almost all competitors were Shelby athletes.

And likewise, the more athletes you train and put into dangerous protocols, the more deaths and heath damaging you'll have in your drawer.

The ebook I wrote with Shelby has nothing to do with my opinions here, I have no financial interest in it. I do like Shelby personally, but that isn't my motivation either. Some of you guys have gone completely off the deep end.

A small group of guys here are going off on a witchhunt from secondhand information and straight lies with a bit of truth here and there. I mean just from BigTex's posts alone you should know something is up, everything about those protocols was reasonable.

I've been one of the loudest voices of health and moderation on this forum, but a few of you guys have gone "full snowflake" and obviously have no idea what top end bodybuilding coaching is all about.

I seriously doubt any coach has produced as many positive results as Shelby has, and I doubt any of them have had athletes win more pro cards.

I only posted concerning a relationship connection that could lend bias.
The "small group" you refer to have their bias, as well.
Bias isn't necessarily exclusive from truth or fact.
I've only ever positively reviewed Shelby in the past, if that's relevant.
I do not know enough details to offer an opinion

Guys.. this isn't brain surgery.. I blame the need to be " peeled" for the vast majority of health issues.. these men and women today want to maintain grainy look 24/7.. for instagram fame.. its not sustainable and the repercussions are coming..

Thyroid meds - heart issues..

Stimulants (clen.. pre workouts etc) - bp issues and cardiac episodes..

Training intense- increase in bp..

Now add that up over years and you have a bomb ready to go off.. not to mention doses of anabolucs that put your hdl into single didgets for years on end..

Again it's common sense.. and we need to stop throwing all the shade at gurus.. the people have a choice.. you can say no.. we also know many that will take more than the guru recommends.. again take responsibility.. if your wreckless its your fault.. tell your guru you don't feel good.. make the adjustments.. its your health not theirs..
I agree 100% and I do wonder if we were to remove gurus completely, impossible of course, but if we could would we see a safer state of competitors? I honestly can't say we would. I mean we had incidents prior to gurus: Munzer, Benaziza and others I don't know or we never heard of due to pre social media. Was Dillett working by himself when he froze up on stage?

Can we actually make this safer? I don't know.

uh he isnt the drug dealer. kind of worse. he is telling people what drugs to use and how much. where before they may not even buy those drugs.
biiig difference
They sought him out for coaching on it. Clearly they were going to use these drugs with or without him

They sought him out for coaching on it. Clearly they were going to use these drugs with or without him
One thing to use a drug but it's another thing to prescribe risky dosages and drug combinations.
Until this thread, I had no idea women are using Tren!!!!

Have you ever done 150 mcg T3 with clen and other stimulants at the same time while dehydrated and 2 hours of cardio? These women weigh way less than men do.

Seriously though maybe WE ARE the ones clueless about what these women competitors take now a days. Maybe it is the norm? I have no idea.

Where to start?
1. That diet isn't extreme at all, that is a classic "semi-keto" diet, she will be in a mild state of ketos for most of the day and probably gets enough carbs around training to bring her out for a short bit, this is an excellent diet strategy that works extremely well.
2. Almost 2k calories, not that low at all.
3. You are saying someone can't lose 10% bodyfat in 3 months? that is absolutely possible. This happens all the time.
4. Aldactone is extremely safe for long-term use and using it for the last week is the gold standard for women who have estrogen production.
5. Bodybuilders are taking all sorts of drugs "arbitrarily."

I agree some of the things I've HEARD sound extreme and out of line, but what I've seen personally, and what you are talking about, is NOT extreme at all, it's standard in this industry. If bodybuilding was all natural I'd agree with you, but this is a completely different animal.

Sorry but I have to totally disagree. 80g of carbs is too much for my wife to be in ketosis. 50 is minimum, she needs closer to 20g. My wife has been on a keto diet since the 80's and knows her body pretty well. This is a national champion turned pro not so dumb ass women who knows nothing. We have tested her glucose readings and used keto sticks even to this date. 8o grams/15% is low carb, not any where near keto. One of my colleges has done a world or research on ketogenesis. I have discussed the minimums in depth with him and my wife has years of experience. Its real simple, we are all not the same and should not be treated that way by a guy that calls himself a professional. After a year went by and my wife fully recovered, I supervised my wife's diet, training and cutting and I can promise you she looked great. No frigging stimulants and 12mg of HTC the night before the contest. No aldactone, no clen, no stimulants and lower doses of steroids. I still have pictures of her week to week disaster with Shelby and she looked worse after 3 months than when she started, not to mention her health was in the garbage You would think the guy might have actually looked at this and made a change. No just keep doing what you are doing, increase the cardio and increase the stimulants. Those numbers I posted were from day 1 and gradually increased.

#2. When you take take in 2k calories and burn 1700k calories those are used strictly for exercise. We still have not covered basal metabolism needs and trust me 300 calories per day is not enough to keep the body functioning properly or preserve muscle mass, I don't care if you do massive amounts of steroids and GH. Training 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week requires more calories especially when you are not cutting for a show. She had so little energy even the stimulants didn't keep her going. Not even with the 750mg of greet tea extract with every other meal. As a coach you simply have to see this shit and make adjustment. Not just take money and rubber stamp this bullshit advice.

#3. I am not saying someone can't cut 10% in 3 months at all. I never said it is absolutely impossible, I say it is not a reasonable goal and you are going to have to be using stimulants, low calories etc for way too long. Continuous high HRs are very damaging for the heart. Especially for over a month. This is what is causing heart and kidney issues with these women. The WISE thing is to take 6 months and slowly lose the BF to avoid muscle loss and extreme diets and training as well as potential long term cardiac and kidney issues.

#4 Read the known side effects of Aldactone, dig deep. Did you know that trannies going from male to female are prescribe this drug to femanize? It blocks steroid receptor sites. In three months of use what effect could this possibly have on the ability to build and preserve lean mass? I have no problem with that. He had them on it for 1-3 months. Combined with gradually increasing dose of T3, clen, and two other diuretics. My wife was 51 years old at the time and had no estrogen issues. Burt that was never asked by the GURU.

#5 Absolutely bodybuilders are taking drugs. Being irresponsible and insisting clients do this after taking their $500 is dangerous and is why 4 women have does and one is waiting for a heart surgery. Many more have had severe health issues.

Regardless of how much you think these stimulant doses are low or even acceptable, when a client is having gastric issues after taking them to the point of severe stomach cramps and totally shitting on themselves this needs to be rethought. When a diet is so low energy that a client can not physically deal with the exercise you have prescribed then the pal to be rethought. When a 51 year old women trains so hard, diets so hard and takes so many stimulants that she almost goes into rabdo and has to seek medical help there is a problem. When your urine looks like Coke as happened to quite a fe of his women, you are in big trouble and could possibly die quickly. There is ZERO need too have a client on Aldosterone for 3 months or longer. ZERO! Now2 do we really need to get into the the advice to have women on long term letro? I know a MAN who was a doctor taking TRT and letro and he committed suicide. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO HAVE TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE. This stuff has to stop. No one should ever be coached into the hospital or even death. Sometimes accidents happen, but 4? With no telling how many injured to the point of ending their career.

Not at all. Some of these girls hadn't even heard of the diuretics he recommended. The main girl Stephanie said she had only heard of dyazide before him and didn't have a clue about the 2 others. Now sure I bet she was using alsorts of aas and fatburners before Shelby (she has mentioned this many times) but multiple girls have come out and stated they never used anything near the doses he told them to use. 60mcg t3 is very different to 160mcg t3 and so on. Although it's the combinations of drugs, the doses, the diet and cardio all combined that is the issue. It's not just 1 ingredient because there could be a reason for that. Many people can take loads of clen (200mcg for example) with no issues. Taking all of them together at high doses and super low calories and loads of cardio and it will ruin a lot of girls bodies over time.

Another thing they mentioned that hasn't really been spoken about are the AI doses and these are shocking as well. It's one thing taking some aromasin before a show but taking 2-3 AI's together and a serm on top of everything else and it's no wonder these girls were also mental wrecks. Stephanie mentions she was using 2.5mg letro every day (plus extras) for example. Again it's not just individual drugs but the combination of everything that is so bad to me. I am not for 1 second stating these girls wouldn't abuse under a different or no coach but they definitely haven't have done what they did and they obviously regret it now. Plus there is abuse which you can get away with for years (aas, orals etc) and there is this with diuretics and not drinking and taking in loads of stimulants around contest day that is a recipe for a hospital visit.

One thing to use a drug but it's another thing to prescribe risky dosages and drug combinations.
Until this thread, I had no idea women are using Tren!!!!

Have you ever done 150 mcg T3 with clen and other stimulants at the same time while dehydrated and 2 hours of cardio? These women weigh way less than men do.

Seriously though maybe WE ARE the ones clueless about what these women competitors take now a days. Maybe it is the norm? I have no idea.
No, I haven’t done that. Because I’m not an idiot and I do my research without just taking something because someone said so. I don’t even take meds my doc prescribed without researching first. If you’re not taking charge of your own health, why the hell should anyone else?

Not at all. Some of these girls hadn't even heard of the diuretics he recommended. The main girl Stephanie said she had only heard of dyazide before him and didn't have a clue about the 2 others. Now sure I bet she was using alsorts of aas and fatburners before Shelby (she has mentioned this many times) but multiple girls have come out and stated they never used anything near the doses he told them to use. 60mcg t3 is very different to 160mcg t3 and so on. Although it's the combinations of drugs, the doses, the diet and cardio all combined that is the issue. It's not just 1 ingredient because there could be a reason for that. Many people can take loads of clen (200mcg for example) with no issues. Taking all of them together at high doses and super low calories and loads of cardio and it will ruin a lot of girls bodies over time.

Another thing they mentioned that hasn't really been spoken about are the AI doses and these are shocking as well. It's one thing taking some aromasin before a show but taking 2-3 AI's together and a serm on top of everything else and it's no wonder these girls were also mental wrecks. Stephanie mentions she was using 2.5mg letro every day (plus extras) for example. Again it's not just individual drugs but the combination of everything that is so bad to me.
Of course they’re shocking, and of course he shouldnt have recommended it, but the onus is on them for listening and doing it without research for themselves. You’re literally paying a drug pusher to tell you how to use illegal dangerous drugs without being aware of the consequences. Would you trust a heroine junky to advise you how to safely use it? There’s dangers to all of this and if you aren’t making yourself aware of them you’re a fool

No, I haven’t done that. Because I’m not an idiot and I do my research without just taking something because someone said so. I don’t even take meds my doc prescribed without researching first. If you’re not taking charge of your own health, why the hell should anyone else?
The blame falls on both parties. I agree people need to do a bit of research before they follow blindly.

The blame falls on both parties. I agree people need to do a bit of research before they follow blindly.
I’m sorry but I believe in personal responsibility and. You’re never going to convince me it was someone else’s fault you did something stupid simply because they said to

I completely agree with this but this isn't what you were posting about or what I replied to. You posted "They sought him out for coaching on it. Clearly they were going to use these drugs with or without him". I strongly disagree with that. I agree with what you actually posted in your reply to me but that's a different subject. Whilst these girls were obviously using fatburners and aas in the past I don't think they were going to use all the same drugs and doses without him. Would they have used 2-3 different diuretics when they had only used 1 or none in the past and hadn't even heard of them. Multiple girls have said from their own mouths that they had never used anything like that or they hadn't heard of some of the drugs so I don't think they would have used them. They obviously trusted him and thought he has x amount of pro's so this is what his girls must do. Now if you think they are idiots for just following his advice that is a different subject and I agree with both sides of the argument in that regard. Whatever the reasons for anything and whoever you think is at fault my reply was solely about they would have done it if they hadn't have hired him and I definitely don't think they would have (unless hiring another dodgy coach who does similar things).

Of course they’re shocking, and of course he shouldnt have recommended it, but the onus is on them for listening and doing it without research for themselves. You’re literally paying a drug pusher to tell you how to use illegal dangerous drugs without being aware of the consequences. Would you like trust a heroine junky to advise you how to safely use it? There’s dangers to all of this and if you aren’t making yourself aware of then you’re a fool

I definitely agree we all need to be much more informed about what we are taking, especially stimulants, AI's and diuretics and the synergistic effect they might have when taken together. But also I know so many have NO idea how to find the information or how to even read it and understand it.

To me this is almost like the bartender that keep serving a drunk just because he has money in his pocket and is tipping like crazy. Regardless of who we think has the responsibility, if the drunk has a car wreck the bartender, manager and owner of the establishment will be held accountable. This "drink responsibility" slogan see is ridiculous, in the 21 years I ran night clubs I never saw a drunk that was responsible after they started drinking.

No coach should suggest an athlete do anything that will destroy their health and cause death. If a wants to do that then they are on their own and don't need a coach. Like you my brother, I research every drug my doctor pus me on. I let them know that I have the final say not them. But even a doctor will tell you that they don't run into too many like me that most patients just take what they are told and never ask questions. My cardiologist can tell you I am a pain in the ass. They tried to put me on aldosterone for long term and I absolutely refused to take the prescription and let them know why and documented it with research. I also took myself off the statin he prescribed and provided the reason why. If they argue with me I will find someone else that will allow me to be the final say.

My wife is old school and is not up on all of this stuff and also did not have time to research. I have educated her well now and very sorry I was not move involved from the get go. But when you work 90-100 hours a week it hard to spend time on a lot of things including the needs of your own family. Which lead me to retiring.

I completely agree with this but this isn't what you were posting about or what I replied to. You posted "They sought him out for coaching on it. Clearly they were going to use these drugs with or without him". I strongly disagree with that. I agree with what you actually posted in your reply to me but that's a different subject. Whilst these girls were obviously using fatburners and aas in the past I don't think they were going to use all the same drugs and doses without him. Would they have used 2-3 different diuretics when they had only used 1 or none in the past and hadn't even heard of them. Multiple girls have said from their own mouths that they had never used anything like that or they hadn't heard of some of the drugs so I don't think they would have used them. They obviously trusted him and thought he has x amount of pro's so this is what his girls must do. Now if you think they are idiots for just following his advice that is a different subject and I agree with both sides of the argument in that regard. Whatever the reasons for anything and whoever you think is at fault my reply was solely about they would have done it if they hadn't have hired him and I definitely don't think they would have (unless hiring another dodgy coach who does similar things).

EXACTLY! Elvira I was a coach for a long time. I told my wife many times that GUYS who insist on only working with girls make me feed weird. I had a fellow coach who did this and I was shocked to turn on the news one morning and see he had been arrested, lost his job and is now in jail for having sex with a minor. He insisted on coaching women's powerlifting....not men. WTF? The women I coached in powerlifting pissed me off. No man really wants to work with women exclusively. I have had to work with them as a strength coach and it was a HUGE pain in the ass. When you tell them to get a pad to do floor work, one of them gets their feeling hurt because they associate a pad with their cycle. Give me a fucking break! This is a good way to get your ass in a huge jam. So when Shelby says he only works with women my Spidey senses start going crazy. Even my wife who was a trainer hated working with women. She didn't have the patients to deal with them.

Sorry but I have to totally disagree. 80g of carbs is too much for my wife to be in ketosis. 50 is minimum, she needs closer to 20g. My wife has been on a keto diet since the 80's and knows her body pretty well. This is a national champion turned pro not so dumb ass women who knows nothing. We have tested her glucose readings and used keto sticks even to this date. 8o grams/15% is low carb, not any where near keto. One of my colleges has done a world or research on ketogenesis. I have discussed the minimums in depth with him and my wife has years of experience. Its real simple, we are all not the same and should not be treated that way by a guy that calls himself a professional. After a year went by and my wife fully recovered, I supervised my wife's diet, training and cutting and I can promise you she looked great. No frigging stimulants and 12mg of HTC the night before the contest. No aldactone, no clen, no stimulants and lower doses of steroids. I still have pictures of her week to week disaster with Shelby and she looked worse after 3 months than when she started, not to mention her health was in the garbage You would think the guy might have actually looked at this and made a change. No just keep doing what you are doing, increase the cardio and increase the stimulants. Those numbers I posted were from day 1 and gradually increased.

#2. When you take take in 2k calories and burn 1700k calories those are used strictly for exercise. We still have not covered basal metabolism needs and trust me 300 calories per day is not enough to keep the body functioning properly or preserve muscle mass, I don't care if you do massive amounts of steroids and GH. Training 2-3 hours a day 7 days a week requires more calories especially when you are not cutting for a show. She had so little energy even the stimulants didn't keep her going. Not even with the 750mg of greet tea extract with every other meal. As a coach you simply have to see this shit and make adjustment. Not just take money and rubber stamp this bullshit advice.

#3. I am not saying someone can't cut 10% in 3 months at all. I never said it is absolutely impossible, I say it is not a reasonable goal and you are going to have to be using stimulants, low calories etc for way too long. Continuous high HRs are very damaging for the heart. Especially for over a month. This is what is causing heart and kidney issues with these women. The WISE thing is to take 6 months and slowly lose the BF to avoid muscle loss and extreme diets and training as well as potential long term cardiac and kidney issues.

#4 Read the known side effects of Aldactone, dig deep. Did you know that trannies going from male to female are prescribe this drug to femanize? It blocks steroid receptor sites. In three months of use what effect could this possibly have on the ability to build and preserve lean mass? I have no problem with that. He had them on it for 1-3 months. Combined with gradually increasing dose of T3, clen, and two other diuretics. My wife was 51 years old at the time and had no estrogen issues. Burt that was never asked by the GURU.

#5 Absolutely bodybuilders are taking drugs. Being irresponsible and insisting clients do this after taking their $500 is dangerous and is why 4 women have does and one is waiting for a heart surgery. Many more have had severe health issues.

Regardless of how much you think these stimulant doses are low or even acceptable, when a client is having gastric issues after taking them to the point of severe stomach cramps and totally shitting on themselves this needs to be rethought. When a diet is so low energy that a client can not physically deal with the exercise you have prescribed then the pal to be rethought. When a 51 year old women trains so hard, diets so hard and takes so many stimulants that she almost goes into rabdo and has to seek medical help there is a problem. When your urine looks like Coke as happened to quite a fe of his women, you are in big trouble and could possibly die quickly. There is ZERO need too have a client on Aldosterone for 3 months or longer. ZERO! Now2 do we really need to get into the the advice to have women on long term letro? I know a MAN who was a doctor taking TRT and letro and he committed suicide. ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO HAVE TAKEN HIS OWN LIFE. This stuff has to stop. No one should ever be coached into the hospital or even death. Sometimes accidents happen, but 4? With no telling how many injured to the point of ending their career.
Ketosis isn't an all or nothing thing, you can go into mild states of ketosis, everyone generally goes into a mild state of ketosis every night when they sleep. I personally find it hard to believe he didn't adjust her diet according to her progress because that is generally what all coaches, including Shelby, do. If you follow him, you know the last thing he does is use the same approach for everyone, his diets are all over the place. He might use a similar approach based on size or body composition to start, but these things are adjusted over time. Is it possible your wife was massively overtraining? Adding additional stims? Already on too many stims when the diet started?

You said, "He had them on it (aldactone) for 1-3 months" who is "them"? No coach I have heard of would use aldactone for more than 2 weeks. "dig deep"? I said earlier in this thread it was used for that, that isn't deep, it's basic knowledge of aldactone.

"tranny" really? It's commonly used for gender reassignment in transgender women and for acne, as I said earlier. Yes it's an anti-androgen, but you don't seem to realize female bodybuilders have been using it for almost half a century.

10% bodyfat in 3 months is LESS than 2lbs per week, totally reasonable and even EXPECTED. You seem completely uneducated in bodybuilding prep and even basic fatloss with this statement.

If she was getting rabdo symptoms she was massively over training, that isn't the diet or the tims, that is the TRAINING.

You blame letro and trt on a doctor taking his life? lmao

I think you said Aldosterone when you meant alcactone?

I'm not defending Shelby directly because I don't know exactly what happened, I do know there is a bunch of 2nd hand information being thrown around and all the ACTUAL first hand information I have heard isn't extreme at all, like your case. Also, there is the russian that died recently who had serious health issues and that brazilian that died a few years ago who had undiagnosed heart issues, the others are made up from what I can tell.

To me this is almost like the bartender that keep serving a drunk just because he has money in his pocket and is tipping like crazy. Regardless of who we think has the responsibility, if the drunk has a car wreck the bartender, manager and owner of the establishment will be held accountable. This "drink responsibility" slogan see is ridiculous, in the 21 years I ran night clubs I never saw a drunk that was responsible after they started drinking
It's more like the bartender serving the person with severe kidney disease. There are people who can put away a pint of hard alcohol with zero issues and there are people who would die from that amount. Is it up to the bartender to know?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lalmanu1519
NapsGear