over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Super low SHBG - problem??

dimethyl11

Registered
Newbies
Got recent bloods - SHBG is 8 (12-60).

I understand AAS will lower SHBG and we want SHBG on the lower end… but do we want it outside the lower end of normal?

I recently switched to everyday pinning (while upping my dose as well, why not) to mitigate hormone fluctuations

I can only find info on how to lower SHBG not increase it. Any info?

From my understanding, low SHBG is only an issue if you’re pinning very infrequently. But pinning everyday should mitigate that. I’ve never worried about the number.

If I’m wrong someone correct me, my SHBG is 3-4.

Are you having any symptoms or have any conditions that can lead to it being lowered (hypothyroidism, type 2)? Low SHBG seems to be a problem you don't necessarily have to worry about when on gear.

That’s completely normal if you using steroids - people completely don’t understand how body and hormones works

I understand that steroids will lower SHBG - what I’m curious about is if there is a time when on steroids if SHBG is too low is that a problem and how would one raise SHBG while still on cycle

I understand that steroids will lower SHBG - what I’m curious about is if there is a time when on steroids if SHBG is too low is that a problem and how would one raise SHBG while still on cycle
Please explain to me what problem low shgb causes when you use steroids???

Please explain to me what problem low shgb causes when you use steroids???
I don’t know - that’s why I’m asking if SHBG is too low can that be a problem.

If a SHBG of 0 still going to be a good thing? How low is too low

I'll answer that - I don't remember when my shgb was higher than 3 in about 15 years lol

if you want to increase your shgb (I don't know why you would want to do it - I don't see a logical reason) get off the diet or switch to real TRT for a long time, like 70-100mg test per week and even in this case it will be difficult to raise it to normal

I'll answer that - I don't remember when my shgb was higher than 3 in about 15 years lol

if you want to increase your shgb (I don't know why you would want to do it - I don't see a logical reason) get off the diet or switch to real TRT for a long time, like 70-100mg test per week and even in this case it will be difficult to raise it to normal
Great thanks - I just wanted to know if SHBG being too low was a problem. Like yours being 3 and how someone would raise it if they wanted.

Thanks again

Extremely low SHBG = faster metabolic clearance rate of Testosterone (or any AAS actually).
This means that more frequent administration is advisable.
Hypothyroidism can worsen the issue, so might overt low E2.

Got recent bloods - SHBG is 8 (12-60).

I understand AAS will lower SHBG and we want SHBG on the lower end… but do we want it outside the lower end of normal?

I recently switched to everyday pinning (while upping my dose as well, why not) to mitigate hormone fluctuations

I can only find info on how to lower SHBG not increase it. Any info?
The lower your SHBG, the more bioavailable testosterone your body will have to use. It’s every bodybuilders dream.

Same for estrogen though when SHBG is low. So to answer your question- unless you have high estrogen or other hormones outside of ranges, then you need to adjust or manage those. But if those are fine and testosterone is high then that is normal for bodybuilders on gear.

This is why you want to look at all hormone markers and not just isolated ones IMO.

this time I agree with Luki

who watches those videos for advice? what credible bros/sources? zero. we have legend pros from the 90s and '80s ifbb who have graced a few boards in the last 25 years. We have a plethora of valuable information for 20+ years here on PRO-MUSCLE. We have experienced members and coaches like yourself.

When people send me these videos its automatic incredibility with me and demonstrates their belief in everything I see and read mentality that I suspected.

Matt Porter, john meadows, Phil V, Emeric, so many great coaches have graced this board, maybe 1/20 videos that people post of these "gurus" do I watch

I tried the Dave Palumbo one, years ago and most of it was a joke and outdated based on Dave's experiences (which is to be expected) they all have their own methods. but its still dave palumbo so it carries a lot more weight than these new age "gurus"

but at least the references, portfolio, and physiques are there/were there to vouch as well as trophies.

the majority of the new bodybuilding generation has learned everything from that "more plate more date" fool, when there is an 18 year old here who posted a few days ago his first post , and he is already in better shape than that more plate more dates cat and his best transformation lol. case and point

I don’t know whether low shbg is bad or not. Mine has been around 2 for years. I do know through running blood work that I need to pin frequently to keep levels stable. Even 2x/week on ester I’ll have large peaks and dips. I pin ED or 3x/week.

this time I agree with Luki

who watches those videos for advice? what credible bros/sources? zero. we have legend pros from the 90s and '80s ifbb who have graced a few boards in the last 25 years. We have a plethora of valuable information for 20+ years here on PRO-MUSCLE. We have experienced members and coaches like yourself.

When people send me these videos its automatic incredibility with me and demonstrates their belief in everything I see and read mentality that I suspected.

Matt Porter, john meadows, Phil V, Emeric, so many great coaches have graced this board, maybe 1/20 videos that people post of these "gurus" do I watch

I tried the Dave Palumbo one, years ago and most of it was a joke and outdated based on Dave's experiences (which is to be expected) they all have their own methods. but its still dave palumbo so it carries a lot more weight than these new age "gurus"

but at least the references, portfolio, and physiques are there/were there to vouch as well as trophies.

the majority of the new bodybuilding generation has learned everything from that "more plate more date" fool, when there is an 18 year old here who posted a few days ago his first post , and he is already in better shape than that more plate more dates cat and his best transformation lol. case and point
I’ll listen to Dave’s show sometimes but I was dying when someone asked a question about a deload. And he’s like “what’s a deload?”

How can you be around lifting for so long and not know what a deload is?😂

My SHBG came back at 7 on my labs a few weeks ago

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear