over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

*The HIGH CARB Cutting Diet!

would a high protein/mod carb/ high fat be optimal for muscle gain? i tend to store alot of fat when i eat too much carbs.:st:r-wars

Maybe it's just me, but I find this whole conversation about high and low carb diets interesting. For the person that said there are no negatives to ketogenic diets.....what do you call muscle loss? I would bet no one of here would consider muscle loss an added benefit.

personaly Ive tried low carb diets it works but I lose much muscle and lose strength as in half also flatten right out.Almost all competitors I see on keto diets such as ben white shrink the f up.The agument is that its just water but our bodies are made up of 75% water so as long as u can push water into the muscle thats a good thing.Try toget a pump back stage with no carbs also hormone work better with carbs etc.I agree everyone is different and keto guys come in leaner but when was a top 5 guy at the mr. O on a keto diet maybe cycled carbs but not straight keto.later

I still dont see you cutting up on high carb.

Done it many times, as has my brother for multiple shows. Everyone always asks what he does, and they can't believe it. The low carb or keto guys always show up small and smooth. While he is big and ripped. Bignshredded is spot on here with what he is saying.

Have you seen the George Farrah thread?

This assumption of yours is based purely on your PERCEPTION of "carbohydrates" and their role in fat metabolism. YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED DUDE. In the absence of significant dietary fat intake, spiking insulin levels will not store fat.

I am ripped up year-round on a high carb, high protein, low-moderate fat diet. Even in a calorie surplus, so long as I train hard about 5 times per week, I can lose fat while building muscle. Yes, lose fat WHILE building muscle--without TREN OR HGH! :)

A lot of people have been brainwashed by the keto, or low carb craze. You are correct bignshredded. Insulin will not spike when eating carbs when combined with protein, and low to no fat.

if you want to go high carb, its no problem as long as you know when to take your carbs

Six meals a day, carbs spread evenly throughout. Eating carbs before bed won't make you fat either, contrary to popular belief.

Not everyone has the metabolism to follow a high carb diet...

Does it work? Yes, it's been proven.
Do Keto diets work? Yes, it's been proven.
Does any ONE diet work universally the same for everyone? No, that's a ridiculous thing to even argument about.

I've tried the low carb diets and every variant of them to try and get cut with a full set of abs....and failed miserably every time. I just ended up with a belly and soft muscle. When I started adding back the carbs is when I really put on some solid muscle and lost the belly, not to mention my energy went up significantly. Now, part of it may be the type of exercise I do: weight training plus gymnastics and martial arts, it sort of combines cardio and strength into one, but still nowhere near the strength training of pure weightlifting (and yes, for a humorous mental image think of a 5'10" guy at 215 lbs being just as limber and agile as the stick guys at 140 lbs doing gymnastics and martial arts).

Ross,

What would be some guidelines for amounts of protein/carbs/fats on a diet that you mentioned?

Thanks

i know this has been said before but for someone who wants to lean out the right way hire someone like shelby or one of the other guys on here the money you spend will be worth the knowledge u gain

Ross ,,

I think people need to just find what carbs work for them I can eat boat loads of sweet potatoes and oats and fat gain is non existant

however if I exchange 1 meal with rice for the same amount of carbs i will put on fat or bread or pasta or anyother carb

Same as if i were to add fats for example yolks , nuts, nut butters, oils on top of protein sources and carb sources I store fat

so my meals stay

M1 mod pro/ high carb/ low fat
M2 mod pro/high carb/low fat
M3 mod pro/high carb/low fat
pre workout 15g bcaas/5g creatine/
post workout 20g bcaas/5g creatine/
M4 high pro/high carb/ low fat
M5 high pro/high carb/low fat
M6 high pro/mod-high fat

off day
M1 high pro/mod carb/low fat
M2 High pro/mod carb/low fat
M3 high pro/fiber/ mod fat
M4 high pro/fiber/ mod fat
M5 mod pro/mod fat

Train 1 day on 1 day off so I get the benefit of glycogen refills and better carbohydrate utilization, as well as increased insulin sensitivity

A lot of people have been brainwashed by the keto, or low carb craze. You are correct bignshredded. Insulin will not spike when eating carbs when combined with protein, and low to no fat.

Both protein and carbohydrate will stimulate the release of Insulin. Can you point me to the studies you referenced to make this assertion?

Both protein and carbohydrate will stimulate the release of Insulin. Can you point me to the studies you referenced to make this assertion?

He meant to say that insulin spikes will not lead to fat storage when dietary fat intake remains low. In addition, not all carbs are the same and you should use the glycemic index as a general guide.

Last edited:
THAT'S MY POINT!! THE BODY WILL MAKE GLUCOSE--BECAUSE IT IS ESSENTIAL!!

The definition of essential in dietary terms is whether or not your body can manufacture the nutrient or must obtain it from dietary sources. Glucose is not and essential macro-nutrient (carbohydrate). Your body can manufacture glucose on its own. Many fats are in fact essential because the human body cannot manufacture them on its own. Essential nutrients MUST be obtained via dietary means.

I will go back to trolling (behind the curtain) now. Just wanted to help clear up this common misunderstanding.

Last edited:
:headbang:

There is a reason we call certain amino acids and nutrients as being essentially... Its rather simple... IF YOUR BODY CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT IT OR PRODUCE IT THEN IT IS ESSENTIAL BY DEFINITION. IF YOUR BODY CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT IT THEN IT IS NON-ESSENTIAL.

:banghead: LOL

Yes. Like carbohydrate. The body can manufacture this. No essential need to consume (although I personally enjoy them).

Well said.

The definition of essential in dietary terms is whether or not your body can manufacture the nutrient or must obtain it from dietary sources. Glucose is not and essential macro-nutrient (carbohydrate). Your body can manufacture glucose on its own. Many fats are in fact essential because the human body cannot manufacture them on its own. Essential nutrients MUST be obtained via dietary means.

I will go back to trolling (behind the curtain) now. Just wanted to help clear up this common misunderstanding.

now tom lets take it to another level what is most essential to the body builder as we have different needs I will definitely argue CARBS

In addition, not all carbs are the same and you should use the glycemic index as a general guide.

i dont believe this is a good guide as i dont get any glycogen recompensation from beans, milk, fruit, or lentils,,, they seem to digest way to slow

and explain this to me ross why is it I can get good quality solid gains from oats and sweet potatoes but as soon as i add rice or ezekiel, or pasta (forget it) quinoa anything else i immediately start packin on just fat not even extra muscle

i dont believe this is a good guide as i dont get any glycogen recompensation from beans, milk, fruit, or lentils,,, they seem to digest way to slow

and explain this to me ross why is it I can get good quality solid gains from oats and sweet potatoes but as soon as i add rice or ezekiel, or pasta (forget it) quinoa anything else i immediately start packin on just fat not even extra muscle

Well YES, for GLYCOGEN REPLENISHMENT, fast acting carbohydrates(simple) are preferred and should be the majority of your PWO carbs. I still add low glycemic carbs as well. I also ONLY eat meals, I do not use shakes of any kind anymore, unless it's a snack(and then it's derived from real foods like eggs, keffir, etc).

i do not consume shakes anymore either glycogen recompensation has to come from sugar just slow digesting sugars like yams and oats but like i said (lactose, fructose milk fruit and lentils or beans dont replish glycogen)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131