over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Rock's Diet for Hercules

I love the rock, aka the highest grossing actor in 2013. He was interviewed on ESPN yesterday

to be fair.. he did make 5 films in 2013 totaling over $1 Billion but the fast & furious flick made close to $800 million world wide (it sucked to me) and pain & gain (liked) made almost $100 million so that's a bit of a skewed stat. I love the guy though.. seems like a legitimately decent human being.

He seems to have taken Arnies place as the biggest action star.

Disagree. He is just 1 of the only guys that can fill an action star role and he hasnt ever gotten a blockbuster action movie when competing against A- listers like Bale, Whalberg etc. in terms of being the main star.

Haha you dislike Fast 6, but liked Pain and Gain? I guess everyone is different, but P&G is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was expecting something much different, but the story line was horrible and it made two great actors horrible. I'm not sure if they did it on purpose or what, but it was quite possibly the cheesiest movie I've ever seen and not in a good way. Like the Naked Gun movies are meant to be cheesy, but they're great. The only reason P&G even did remotely well is bc it had two big stars in it. If not for Mark and DJ the movie wouldn't have even broke even.

P&G was an odd movie, but DJ was absolutely hilarious. Grilling the hands was awesome! I had to keep reminding myself that the movie was based on true events.

to be fair.. he did make 5 films in 2013 totaling over $1 Billion but the fast & furious flick made close to $800 million world wide (it sucked to me) and pain & gain (liked) made almost $100 million so that's a bit of a skewed stat. I love the guy though.. seems like a legitimately decent human being.

Disagree. He is just 1 of the only guys that can fill an action star role and he hasnt ever gotten a blockbuster action movie when competing against A- listers like Bale, Whalberg etc. in terms of being the main star.
Huh?

Any guy who loves a good Tequilla is cool beans in my books.

Attachments

• the_rock_twitter_1.jpg
    the_rock_twitter_1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 317

Dwaine Johnson is the 2nd highest paid actor after Robert Downey junior. So you can't have done much research.

As for him not staring in blockbuster movies
Hercules
Scorpian king
The rundown
Race to witch mountain
The other guys
Journey to the centre of the world
Gi joe

I could go on
Dwayne Johnson is a very big deal. Very very A list

He has a unique niche. Comedic action hero. Big friendly action hero. Loved men, women and children. Buckets of charisma. Very diverse

Last edited:
Big DJ fan. I even took the time to watch him in the movie Toothfairy on a long flight. He was shredded in that movie.

He seems like a genuinely good dude. It's hard to find positivity like that in the world today.

**broken link removed**

Dwaine Johnson is the 2nd highest paid actor after Robert Downey junior. So you can't have done much research.

Hercules
Scorpian king
The rundown
Race to witch mountain
The other guys
Gi joe

I could go on

He has a unique niche. Comedic action hero. Big friendly action hero. Loved men, women and children. Buckets of charisma. Very diverse

Somebody's got a crush:D

Last edited:

Hercules
Scorpian king
The rundown
Race to witch mountain
The other guys
Gi joe

I could go on

Not sure how you forget his latest movies, but he also had main roles in Fast 5 and Fast 6. I agree with everything that you said though. Big DJ fan and would love to meet him one day. Can't say I've ever heard anything bad about him.

Haha you dislike Fast 6, but liked Pain and Gain? I guess everyone is different, but P&G is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I thought it was funny.. mean it's obvious the characters are supposed to be idiots.

Hercules
Scorpian king
The rundown
Race to witch mountain
The other guys
Gi joe

Most of these are not blockbusters.

Witch Mountain? Seriously?

Dwayne lost his path when he joined Disney. Those movies are just awful. He's back on track as an action hero. Still has a long way to go to reach Arnie's status. Maybe will never happen...

Most of these are not blockbusters.

Witch Mountain? Seriously?

Dwayne lost his path when he joined Disney. Those movies are just awful. He's back on track as an action hero. Still has a long way to go to reach Arnie's status. Maybe will never happen...

if he's not the new Arnold who is?
there just really isn't any big muscular guys getting good A list hopeful movie roles.
-JS

DJ may not be Arnie status yet, but one thing is for certain... DJ is a MUCH better actor than Arnold. Arnold is an "ok" actor at best and isn't very versatile when it comes to acting. DJ has played many different roles and he plays them well. I don't think DJ's Disney movies are that bad. I never saw the tooth fairy, but the one "The Game Plan," where he's a foot ball player and finds out that he has a daughter is fairly decent. I've seen much worse, that's for sure. Journey 2 was a pretty good movie as far as Disney movies go. It's definitely not a bad movie and my kids enjoy it as well.

Arnold has been in some REALLY terrible movies. Mainly bc most action movies in the 80's were pretty cheesy, but his acting doesn't help matters. I like Arnold, but if we're being honest, he is not a good actor.

DJ has been in some pretty successful and good movies which can't be down played. The Fast and the Furious movies, Walking Tall, Faster, GI Joe, The Rundown, Gridiron gang, Snitch, and Hercules will be a huge hit, too. Not sure how the scorpion king did, but I didn't enjoy it. The same with Pain and Gain. I thought that movie was terrible. For the most part, DJ's movies have been a success and his career in wrestling was a huge success. DJ is still fairly young and has decades of success in front of him. I think once its all said and done, not only will he reach Arnold's status, but he will also pass Arnold by a long shot in the success department.

Arnold is mostly known for acting to the casual fan. I'm sure they know he was a body builder, but I guarantee most people have no clue how big Arnold was in the body building world and what he did for the sport. They would say, "what's Mr. Olympia?" Professional wrestling on the other hand is huge so that's why I think DJ will be way more successful.

Last edited:
I don't exactly know how these things are perceived in the US nowadays, but where I live and in a few countries I've been to, I'd have a hard time to find someone walking down the street who knew who Dwayne Johnson is without having to explain "that big guy from that movie, blah, blah...".

Everyone knows Arnold. Everyone I know could easily remember 2 or 3 of Arnold's one liners.

Can anyone mention a single one liner from DJ? Don't think so...

Terminator alone was 200x bigger than any movie DJ has done. Not to mention Predator, Total Recall, Conan, True Lies, Twins, etc...

DJ has a long way to reach the status of a Norris, Stallone or Harrison Ford, let alone Arnold...

I don't exactly know how these things are perceived in the US nowadays, but where I live and in a few countries I've been to, I'd have a hard time to find someone walking down the street who knew who Dwayne Johnson is without having to explain "that big guy from that movie, blah, blah...".

Everyone knows Arnold. Everyone I know could easily remember 2 or 3 of Arnold's one liners.

Can anyone mention a single one liner from DJ? Don't think so...

Terminator alone was 200x bigger than any movie DJ has done. Not to mention Predator, Total Recall, Conan, True Lies, Twins, etc...

DJ has a long way to reach the status of a Norris, Stallone or Harrison Ford, let alone Arnold...

"Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?!" That's a huge one liner from him. Sure, its not from his movies, but its still a big one liner that he's known for.

You could be right about different countries, but not everyone knows who Dwyane Johnson is. But I bet if you said "The Rock," then they would know who he is.

I've never heard that line, to be honest. Don't even know where that's from...

Don't think many people know The Rock either.

You guys have no clue of how big Arnold actually is worldwide. My gym has about 15 posters of him, none of DJ.

I've never heard that line, to be honest. Don't even know where that's from...

Don't think many people know The Rock either.

You guys have no clue of how big Arnold actually is worldwide. My gym has about 15 posters of him, none of DJ.

It's from his wrestling days. To be fair, Arnie is known for being one of the best and most iconic BB's to ever live. Dwayne Johnson isn't a BB'r so it makes sense that there's no posters of him in your gym.

I'm aware of how popular Arnold is, but like I said, I bet if you ask the general public about Arnold's bb'ing career they wouldn't have a clue. They're both popular in their own right. I'm not saying that Arnold isn't hugely known world wide, but I think DJ will be more successful in the long run.

Popularity is really only subjective where as success is both subjective and objective. Bodybuilding isn't a mainstream sport, but professional wrestling is. At least in USA it is, and I know its huge in Mexico, too. And just to be clear, I'm not a pro wrestling fan whatsoever, but I still know who the popular guys are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity