over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ultimate Hypertrophy Training

I am interested in giving this a go, but i have never used differing rep ranges during workouts, so how do you go from 6 reps of 1 exercise to then 12 reps of 1 exercise.

Do you need a couple of workouts to work out poundages you can lift for 6 reps and 12 reps?

What is the length of rest periods between sets?

Rest periods between different exercises?

Does anyone have a sample UHT or UHT 2 routine please?

Thanks in advance!

I started this today. Wish me luck ya'll! It's time for something different.::port-smi

Progression

RC - thanks for your posts, how often would you be aiming to progress, that is, add weight and or reps?
Eg: for your compound movements are you looking to top out at 6 reps then add weight, or, add 1.25 a side and keep goin until reps drop? And, would that be the same for both sets (4-6 and 10-12) plus your isolation movement?

Yes, I used to train DC so am used to adding weight and or reps and kicking the bejaysus outta the logbook :D

Just a comment, i've trained similarly using Phil Hernon's methods and the thing I found was that my joints would start to really feel it after about 4 weeks usually, strength gains are usually linear for a while so the tendons etc don't keep up..any advise on how to manage that? I'm a natty with about 20yrs lifting experience..

Where does periodization or "back off" off or "cruising" come into play with UHT? Did I miss something? Cuz I don't see it but it has to be in there somewhere at some point.

razor which you prefer this or the 2 variation which involves supersets?

RC - thanks for your posts, how often would you be aiming to progress, that is, add weight and or reps?
Eg: for your compound movements are you looking to top out at 6 reps then add weight, or, add 1.25 a side and keep goin until reps drop? And, would that be the same for both sets (4-6 and 10-12) plus your isolation movement?

Yes, I used to train DC so am used to adding weight and or reps and kicking the bejaysus outta the logbook :D

Just a comment, i've trained similarly using Phil Hernon's methods and the thing I found was that my joints would start to really feel it after about 4 weeks usually, strength gains are usually linear for a while so the tendons etc don't keep up..any advise on how to manage that? I'm a natty with about 20yrs lifting experience..

I like to use micro loading which gives you a longer progression duration. I can just add ounces with this method. You can bring your reps to 8 and 15 then add weight as you are still training in that zone.
As far as the joints you do need to back off every 6 wks and just then build yourself back up over a 2wk duration.

Where does periodization or "back off" off or "cruising" come into play with UHT? Did I miss something? Cuz I don't see it but it has to be in there somewhere at some point.

You can back off every 6wks or you can just micro load and add ounces to the bar instead of pounds and this seems to keep you from really hitting a plateau to early. But you can back off such as they do in HST and build back up over a 2wk period and then micro load.

razor which you prefer this or the 2 variation which involves supersets?

Both have their place. You can alternate every 6wks and get some good results.
I like original for mass and 2 when cutting.

Substitute exercise for donkey calf raises:

IMHO the best substitute for donkey calf raises if you either don't want someone sitting on you or don't have a donkey calf raise machine available is the leg press calf raise. The difference between the donkey calf raise and standing calf raise is the bend at the hips increasing the stretch. By placing the seat on a leg press as upright as possible you can effectively approximate the hip bend used in donkey calf raises. Hope this helps!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting this up RC:D

Ive been doing this for the past month and absolutly love it!

After a 2 year layoff due to illness i needed something to spark my imagination and get me fired up for the gym - so far so good!

Ive substituted a couple of exercises due to injuries etc and ive pretty much gotten stronger every workout.

Im gonna switch it up for 2 weeks to the superset version to give my joints a break then get back on with the original!

Thanks again RC - topman :cool:

Thank you so much for posting this up RC:D

Ive been doing this for the past month and absolutly love it!

After a 2 year layoff due to illness i needed something to spark my imagination and get me fired up for the gym - so far so good!

Ive substituted a couple of exercises due to injuries etc and ive pretty much gotten stronger every workout.

Im gonna switch it up for 2 weeks to the superset version to give my joints a break then get back on with the original!

Thanks again RC - topman :cool:

post back on which you prefer, im still bouncing back and fourth between them.

is everyone still getting great results from this? also i saw where cuts said he prefers version 2 of this for cutting, anyone have a link for it?

Seems good. If you did the workout EOD, and took all the sets to failure It would basically be a cousin or uncle, maybe half-brother of DC.

For example DC chest:

Bench set to failure 8-9 reps, 4-5 reps, 2-3 reps. Then you do the super streach.

Razor cut:

bench to failure: 4-6 reps, 10-12 reps
then flys to get the streach.

look at the total volume for bench: DC 14-18 reps, and RC 14-18 reps. Then the hyperplasia tool.

Great minds think alike.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner