over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird cholesterol results after Krill oil added

Dante-Thank you for the reply. Im almost 46 and want to stay as healthy as possible without taking something i dont need or doesnt work. I will keep the Citrus Bergmont and the curcumin (Forgot to add that i also take Umbiquinol). I really wanted the krill and fish oil combo to work after i read the articles you posted about how good they are on your lipid profiles. But maybe im just a non responder. I also dont eat many carbs at all so do you think adding in something like a fiber supplement would help as well? Also you recommend the ground flax @ 3 grams/ 2-3 times a day, correct?

Thanks for the help.

What time of day are you taking your Citrus bergamot?

The reason why I ask is that the highest activity of cholesterol synthesis is produced durning sleeping hours (for most individuals). This phenomenon works in a cyclical fashion or what's termed "diurnal periodicity".

Given the nature of this biological function, Citrus bergamot acts very similar to that of statins by inhibiting the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. In which is highly active durning the night.

Try taking your Citrus bergamot prior to bedtime along with adding more fiber to your diet, as Dante had mentioned. Psyllium husk would suffice.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Stewie. I actually take one in the AM and one about 2 hours before bed. Yes gonna add in some fiber to help along with checking out the recommendations from Dante. That LDL is just crazy high but the rest is not too bad. Thanks for any and all help.

The thing is...it might have been the fish oil that lowered triglycerides..not necessarily the CB.
Also, I'm sure we could come up with an acceptable range for LDL..but it seems as though several top minds like Mountaindog and Dr. Eric Serrano are more concerned with ratios..i.e. ldl:triglycerides.
If both are high it's an issue.

You may also want to do a NMR profile which is a particle count and size test of your cholesterol.

Btw, I did blood testing on krill a couple months ago after taking it for a few months and also got little to no change across the board. Viva labs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oddly enough...I open up my FB this morning and am reminded of a memory from 4 yrs ago today posted by John Meadows..

CHOLESTEROL NONSENSE

You know, I was starting to think that most in the medical profession were "getting it" in terms of cholesterol, and maybe they are. I used to talk about cholesterol alot but rarely do anymore....then I get examples like these over the last couple of days and I wonder if everyone is still brainwashed into believing all the cholesterol propaganda that has existed for the last few decades.

Here are some snippets I have received from clients this week alone, and I assure you I am not making this up. This is advice given by licensed medical doctors.

Example 1 - Your total cholesterol is up to 180 we need to put you on a statin and get that number down.
My thought - Yea let's destroy something that makes up our hormones, brain cells, cell membranes, etc. How about a dose of lower test levels and lower sex drive to go with that. Total cholesterol is also essentially a meaningless number by the way.

Example 2- You need to lower your fats to get those triglycerides down.
My thought - Wow. Good luck with that. Actually you would want to lower carb intake.

Example 3 - Your LDL is too high.
My thought - Based on an old test. Try to get into the 21st century and do a particle size test so you can see if your LDL is predominantly large or small in size. Increase healthy fats and you can influence particle size.

To all you doctors out there who fight the good fight with us, keep up the good work and keep educating your colleagues!

Ive been using a shit ton of Krill oil for the last 9 months and just got some blood work and for the first time ever my LDL is way high like 160!

It did bring up my HDL like 16 points to 46 but my LDL went through the roof.

I was take 4 caps of Viva labs Krill ED for 9 months.

Might have to drop that and add in some Citrus B, and more fiber like Dante suggested.

ANY OTHER GOOD SUPPS TO DROP LDL?????

Lots of good education here fellas, keep it coming.

Just info here as far as what John was talking about ratio:

3/22/17:
2.73 (<3.55 recommended range)

10/13/17

Hard to pinpoint for sure but it doesn't look like krill from viva did much to my bloods either

Ive been using a shit ton of Krill oil for the last 9 months and just got some blood work and for the first time ever my LDL is way high like 160!

Might have to drop that and add in some Citrus B, and more fiber like Dante suggested.

I said it in another post
flax
fenugreek
metoformin
probiotics
etc

I am a little worried about Viva Labs myself after ive opened two bottles now and it was a fish oil mess.....caps had leaked all over the place and caused me to throw the whole bottle out.....in one case and try to salvage the other in the other case......that scenario makes me start doubting quality control

I’ve used 3 different brands of krill and not one was viva. All did what they were supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ve used 3 different brands of krill and not one was viva. All did what they were supposed to do.

Was swanson one of them? What others do you recommend?

What's that even mean? Do you have bloodwork showing hdl rising and ldl falling?

What's that even mean? Do you have bloodwork showing hdl rising and ldl falling?

Exactly.

I’ve already posted them.

Was swanson one of them? What others do you recommend?

Yeah, Swanson was one and what I’d recommend.

Cardio

I've posted this on another thread but here's my go to stack for keeping lipids in check. I use the below starting 1 week before a blast and keeping it in for 2 weeks after the blast.

While cruising, I keep the Krill and Fiberlyze in play. This regimen has allowed me to keep HDL over 40 and LDL under 100 on blasts. (Note: no orals or tren used on blasts with these numbers)

Krill Oil: 6 grams a day (2g 3x/day with meals)
Citrus Bergmont: 1000mg AM
Pantethine: 450mg (2x a day with meals)
Beta Sisterol: 2 grams (1 gram 2x a day with meals)
BroccoMax 1 cap 2x a day
NOW Syntriniol 1cap 2x a day
Fiberlyze 1 scoop
Cardarine 20mg/day

As I mentioned in a previous post in here, a good friend of mine used Cardarine specifically to see if it helped his lipids. He's been on crestor in the past I think.

But he doesn't train or exercise aside from something like playing tennis a few times a week.

I don't know the exact numbers, but it apparently made a huge impact on raising his HDL and lowering total cholesterol. I never knew this product existed until I spoke with him, so I've been doing a lot more reading on it. Supposedly its best for endurance, but i have seen reviews of others talking about its effects on lipids while on and off cycle.

I will see if I can get a hold of him to see if he remembers anything particular. But he did say his doctor was shocked in the changes that took place over about 3 months.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned in a previous post in here, a good friend of mine used Cardarine specifically to see if it helped his lipids. He's been on crestor in the past I think.

But he doesn't train or exercise aside from something like playing tennis a few times a week.

I don't know the exact numbers, but it apparently made a huge impact on raising his HDL and lowering total cholesterol. I never knew this product existed until I spoke with him, so I've been doing a lot more reading on it. Supposedly its best for endurance, but i have seen reviews of others talking about its effects on lipids while on and off cycle.

I will see if I can get a hold of him to see if he remembers anything particular. But he did say his doctor was shocked in the changes that took place over about 3 months.

Great info! Where did he get the cardarine? I don't know what brand to trust when it comes to a product like that

Great info! Where did he get the cardarine? I don't know what brand to trust when it comes to a product like that
I will ask him to see. He heard about it through a group of friends that he plays tennis with....and supposedly they are all avid bicycle riders that do some crazy rides all over the place.

They were on it for the endurance benefits and raving about it. I have been trying to do as much research into it as I can, but weeding through the bs as well.

This is one study I've been reading....but the subjects were rhesus monkeys. In it they all had classic symptoms of human metabolic syndrome X.

http://m.pnas.org/content/98

GW501516 had a dramatic effect on the serum lipid profile (Table 2). HDLc increased in a dose-dependent manner over the treatment period, with a 79% increase in HDLc relative to the baseline level at the 3.0 mg/kg dose. The ratio of HDLc/total cholesterol also was improved at all doses of GW501516.

I'm still trying to find if there were any human studies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner