over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Western Union saying they owe me?

i dont know if anyone else has noticed.. but it seems like in the last week or two there have been alot of threads on the few difft forums similar to this.. All issues about western union contacting people about funds owed to them, yet everyone is clueless as too what funds.. Could be a new way of scamming, could be big brother, could be just coincidence? but id ignore any calls if it were me

Is the notice from "Tennille V. Western Union Settlement Administator"?

I got one of those yesterday. I looked online and it appears there was a class action suit against WU.

Regarding funds being sent, not picked up and services still rendered. It can happen. There is a well know source not from this board who was busted a few months back in Oklahoma that was fairly well known for sending out orders to regular customers before picking up funds. The possibility of some never being picked up exists, especially if you received your order.

The timing of the notice with the bust a few months back would give me pause although that would be quite an elaborate ploy to identify personal users.

Google "Tenille v Western Union

Yes it's from them. And I just looked two transactions in 2010. Mtcn number with it.
But as I said I get clothes and many other things using WU.

I got one of those yesterday. I looked online and it appears there was a class action suit against WU.

Regarding funds being sent, not picked up and services still rendered. It can happen. There is a well know source not from this board who was busted a few months back in Oklahoma that was fairly well known for sending out orders to regular customers before picking up funds. The possibility of some never being picked up exists, especially if you received your order.

The timing of the notice with the bust a few months back would give me pause although that would be quite an elaborate ploy to identify personal users.

What u gonna do with yours.

Yes it's from them. And I just looked two transactions in 2010. Mtcn number with it.
But as I said I get clothes and many other things using WU.

The MTCN number was on the settlement letter?

I haven't decided. I've used WU to pay for other items too. This was so long ago I can't remember this particular transaction.

Personally I would act like you got a seizure letter and pretend it never happened. If you didn't reaslize something was wrong years ago then you've lost nothing and not worth the risk.

I literally cannot stress this ^^ enough guys....

Sometimes these companies actually get sued, and whoever that has USED their services/products receives part of the settlement, a very small amount.... So that letter could be indeed legit. The lawyers' firms and etc are on there, you can call them and confirm.

I received a letter and will post it..
Has to be a scam looking for the greedy.
Reason being I made transactions, however I never had a failure, I sent money and received products.
Looks like they owe me about 850.00
If anyone thinks these people have sloppy bookkeeping and someone made a mistake I gota say aint gona happen....

Peace

Attachments

• wu.jpg
    wu.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 978
  • wu 2.jpg
    wu 2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 855
  • wu 4.jpg
    wu 4.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 724
  • wu 3.jpg
    wu 3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
My cousin got one as well the other day from funds not being collected in 2012.. I told him lets just ignore that letter & not respond

I received a letter and will post it..
Has to be a scam looking for the greedy.
Reason being I made transactions, however I never had a failure, I sent money and received products.
Looks like they owe me about 850.00
If anyone thinks these people have sloppy bookkeeping and someone made a mistake I gota say aint gona happen....

Peace

Yep that's the letter. But with differ amounts and such.
On the website they list a case number. It's as easy as calling the state and asking I guess.

It looks totally legit to me and is the way class action lawsuits work. WU is regulated as a bank and has certain rules they must follow. If the money was not picked up, they have no legal right to keep it. In addition, there is nothing illegal about sending money. In fact, its not even illegal to send money to a drug dealer.

Post not intended to diagnose or treat health issues.
what's this look like...

looks like you get a big fat check. after the lawyers subtract their percentage for doing the work, you are very likely to receive an official check in the mail like i did from ebay in the amount of $0.16. - true story.

Attachments

• Western Union settlement 2.JPG
    Western Union settlement 2.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 649
what's this look like...

looks like you get a big fat check. after the lawyers subtract their percentage for doing the work, you are very likely to receive an official check in the mail like i did from ebay in the amount of $0.16. - true story.

exactly what I was talking about earlier

What's up with those warnings in your comments tho? LOLz

exactly what I was talking about earlier

What's up with those warnings in your comments tho? LOLz

...they are spacers to even out and block primary content. or they could be private messages sort of a code meant for certain eyes. i'll leave them out.

It looks totally legit to me and is the way class action lawsuits work. WU is regulated as a bank and has certain rules they must follow. If the money was not picked up, they have no legal right to keep it. In addition, there is nothing illegal about sending money. In fact, its not even illegal to send money to a drug dealer.

Something is fishy,
I posted just my letter. looks like there are tons that went out about the same....
I sent funds and never did anyone say they didn't recieve my funds.
Further I recieved every order I made...
No one ever said we didnt get your funds but I will send you your order anyways....
One of the amounts that is unclaimed is 2.50 . Without any doubt I never sent 2.50 to anyone....
WU is a huge company with buildings full of professional staff.
They made 3 mistakes with me and many more with many others.
to the tune of millions of Dollars.

Here's the scam as I see it.
You have to send in or call the number, then I am sure there is some filing fees or some fees to secure documents and court costs.
upon further investigation the truth is found they owe me nothing.

Peace

Sounds a little fishy to me. Of course I think WU sucks anyway since they have rejected wire transfers I've tried to make recently with no explanation. Funny they didn't have problems taking my money a year ago when I was stuck in Ireland after someone hacked my bank account while I was flying over there.
Hell of a way to do business.

We can only hope sponsors see this thread and stop using WU

Western Union Money Transfer Class Action Settlement

**broken link removed**

The class action lawsuit may very well be legitimate - BUT that doesn't mean that there is no scam going on.

Scammers often try to "piggy-back" legitimate scenarios. This way when you do a search you see the legitimate lawsuit and even though you KNOW that you didn't fail to receive any funds - you see $$ and get greedy. That's the hook.
Maybe I am simply a scrooge - but I can account for every penny I am owed or spend.

Be careful guys - I work in the industry and hear horror stories of people being screwed by cork-sucking scamming sons of bitches. Once you are determined to be a mark - your information is sold to other scammers.

Just use your street smarts and if it dosnt feel right - back away.

i got a letter a couple years ago from wu saying that i still had funds that were not picked up. i called the local store and they gave me back the money no questions. but the letter i got was not due to a class action lawsuit though.

I had a call from a "supposed western union rep" about a year ago, saying that I had a uncollected transfer and did I want to get it. Then they started asking for personal info etc. SCAM.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131