over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What has changed?

Obviously I don't have nearly the same experience as you.. feels like frequency of meals hit a all time high during the late 90's early 2000's with the 8 plus. Maybe due to cutler lol. Seems like things have streamlined (for the better) now with between 5 or 6

Me I eat 2 or 3 😅
Yes, Cutler and Ronnie (getting up at night to eat, reality or fiction?).

Near as I can tell, and I am not that knowledgeable here as others, they are still pounding the food and insulin, more like 5 maybe?

Right, but we will never know the crazy stuff going on behind closed doors by gym bros, lower level guys pushing the envelope without superior genetics, etc
True, but that’s why me and @danieltx started the thread on here that we did. Bring some transparency into this sport for those of us who don’t have elite genetics.

What we posted is still just the tip of what we bodybuilders do to keep pushing the envelope. Hell I just went to Columbia for stem cells, do sports physical therapy and Neubi weekly, just got home now from deep tissue work, spoke to AJ earlier and put together a new workout plan, etc.

We have access to so much more today then guys did back then. Problem today is that most guys are lazy, lack the discipline and are doing it for clicks on the IG, not because they fucking love it.

So we have a pretty good agreement of nothing really new and groundbreaking has happened in the last 30+ years
1. Use of slin and gh increased due to availability
2. Use of more gear probably due to again availability and ease of access.

So still my question is why does EVERYONE need a coach? Nothing new in nutrition or training has taken place, nothing but increase in gear and use of insulin and gh.
We live in a time now of having unlimited knowledge at our fingertips.

True, but that’s why me and @danieltx started the thread on here that we did. Bring some transparency into this sport for those of us who don’t have elite genetics.
Of course, and I appreciate that. But I’m referring to years ago as b boy referenced in his original post, and responding to all these people in the responses here saying doses are much higher now.

Of course, and I appreciate that. But I’m referring to years ago as b boy referenced in his original post, and responding to all these people in the responses here saying doses are much higher now.
@b-boy what were the guys doing during that era with shit genetics? Just like today I’m sure you know what other guys were doing. I know I’ve heard the crazy stories from Milos.

So we have a pretty good agreement of nothing really new and groundbreaking has happened in the last 30+ years

So still my question is why does EVERYONE need a coach? Nothing new in nutrition or training has taken place, nothing but increase in gear and use of insulin and gh.

I think two main reasons

1. More mainstream interest.

The local lad who 30 years ago would have continued playing football or tennis is now lifting, and his coach (who has also never competed) wants him to compete. It'll be good for IG, and the chicks dig it right?

2. Less close knit bodybuilding in person community.

Bodybuilders in my home town are scattered around random gyms these days. Back when I first started there was 1 serious gym. It was assumed if you were serious that's where you'd train. There was a lot of coaching going on in that gym on any given Wednesday night close to a show.

I’ll add that Ronnie answered this question better than anyone-

“Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights.”

Enough said. All else aside, so true. 🤣

Yes, Cutler and Ronnie (getting up at night to eat, reality or fiction?).

Near as I can tell, and I am not that knowledgeable here as others, they are still pounding the food and insulin, more like 5 maybe?

Haha ya I remember mike morris talking about getting up and eating in the middle of the night. On Chad's board muscle mayhem

My username on that board was real deal and I was always worried chris Cormier would join the board and steal my user name lol

I still remember the day rich posted this pic of himself on the board. Good times

Attachments

• rich piana (9).jpg
    rich piana (9).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 85
Could it be the immediate availability?
Back in the day you had to be in Duchaines inner circle to access some of this shit.
Today it takes two clicks and two days and you can start your cycle or whatever
Maybe to the masses but for those of us before the “Gear Grinder” crack down there was always a few storage rooms full of gear in every major city. Now my guys I ran with woukd never flip shit to somebody under 21 the punishment was complete cut off so yeah a 16 year old can order gear now online but they. An also get **EDIT** or **EDIT** so there’s that….i guess

**NO TALK OR MENTION OF REC DRUGS!**

Last edited by a moderator:

The simple answer; just having someone keep you accountable day in and day out. Just follow the coach’s directions…

Cage

Can’t see the forrest for the trees.

Like you said we have seemingly unlimited access to knowledge which in many cases causes more confusion than it deserves.

Too many cooks?

Somebody once said . . . I used to get lost in the shuffle, now I just shuffle along with the lost.

In my observation in the gyms (no clue about the big time Pros), from coaching younger men clients, and modding for the Natural bodybuilding sub on Reddit, the biggest difference I have seen is being stuck in a perpetual quest for optimal. Guys are overly stressed out about every aspect of their training. From top to bottom on training...timing, number of sets, exercises, days a week, deloads, proximity to failure, and frequency. They are so afraid to just train hard and find out their groove.

Additionally, when it comes to nutrition I have observed that while macro tracking can be a great thing for some it has actually made guys a lot lazier. They come into a day with no plan or structure for their diet, they just scan shit with their phone and let my fitness pal type of apps tell them how much more they can eat in a day. Or they try to manipulate their macros in the goofiest ways possible to make a protein donut with protein frosting rather than just eat quality whole food. I love shakes, and a protein treat from time to time, but it would stress me the fuck out to have to worry about baking up some high protein cake before I trained. Macro tracking is great in general and especially great for genpop who just want to lose weight, but living by "at the end of the day numbers" is not the best if you want to do a real gain or loss phase. I get the "just tell me how many macros to eat" all the time. But they have no desire to learn why or how to pair foods etc. If I am coaching them I always want them to learn so they eventually don't need me anymore. Many don't want to do that, they just want me to keep managing everything for them.

I feel a good coach is someone more then just having the newest info on training, nutrition or drug protcol.

Everyone should already be seeking as much info and research on there own

A coach helps identify your goals,
helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses. Keeps you accountable.

I took this off Google LOL.

When working toward a goal on your own, you have to do everything: you need to do the research, determine the strategy, make the decisions, take the actions, know when to course-correct or adjust your plan, stay motivated, hold yourself accountable, learn new information as it becomes available — all while doing everything else your normal life and regular responsibilities already demand of you. It can be a lot.

Again, it’s possible to achieve what you want on your own. But there’s a difference between what’s possible and what’s optimal. And that’s where there can be real value in a coach of any kind.

Bottom line. A good coach will definitely help you achieve your goals alot faster then on your own in my opinion

Everyone doesn’t

due to any number if the following: anxiety, desire for less personal accountability, poor self confidence, negative self image etc etc………you have a recipe for a person who WANTS to be told what to do, even if (like some people here) they know the guidance being given isn’t what they need.

My guesses as to why people hire coaches..most common reasons

1. They want to "optimize" everything training, AAS, diet. They think a coach may have secrets or methods that give them an advantage

2. All the info out there now days (bulk vs grow lean, higher protein vs lower to allow more carbs, low vs high volume) people don't know what approach to take so they think it's safest to let a ", guru" guide them

3. They think it's easier to just have someone tell them what to do

Everyone doesn’t

due to any number if the following: anxiety, desire for less personal accountability, poor self confidence, negative self image etc etc………you have a recipe for a person who WANTS to be told what to do, even if (like some people here) they know the guidance being given isn’t what they need.

What about just a bodybuilding show. 12 weeks then done ?

My guesses as to why people hire coaches..most common reasons

3. They think it's easier to just have someone tell them what to do

Hmm not to sure about that one

I guess a certain percentage sure

If a serious competitor needs someone who knows how to dial in ”show day” that’s a different story. But even so, completely in the realm of possibility to do it yourself

Possible .. sure it is but is it optimal?

I've never done show. Never hired a coach. I like to do my thing. This is a hobby for me though. If I was going to do a show I would definitely high a coach .

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws