over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What will you do when bodybuilding isnt productive anymore

Started training in 78? I think so maybe 79. I'm stuck with it lol.
Live to lift lift to live. Thats just the way it is.......T

Really? Maybe he posts about his training and clients because its relevant to the discussion topic. How do discussion forums work again? :rolleyes:

Might want to check your second comment. OP joined April 3 of 2014. If you're going to be a dick, at least have your shit right :rolleyes:

The guy is obviously trying to get clients, he did it at my forum too. Oh, and he claims he has world records.......who does that? And I also agree with Veins, when you have 7 posts, and 4 of them are starting threads:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I lost interest in getting bigger/stronger years ago. At age 50 the numbers I'm into are:

1. Blood pressure
2. resting heart rate
3. Body weight
4. Waist size

I place a premium on being able walk distances/up stairs without hearing myself breathe. Looking good naked is nice too.

The guy is obviously trying to get clients, he did it at my forum too. Oh, and he claims he has world records.......who does that? And I also agree with Veins, when you have 7 posts, and 4 of them are starting threads:rolleyes:

The first part is my bad, didn't know that's, so apologies to Veins.
But isn't the second part what you would expect from a discussion forum? To start threads for discussion topics?

I dont know if ill ever quit training all together, but my current life plan is to continue focusing on bodybuilding up until my mid to late 40's. At that point im going to spend the rest of my life doing a lot more fishing.

The first part is my bad, didn't know that's, so apologies to Veins.
But isn't the second part what you would expect from a discussion forum? To start threads for discussion topics?

When someone comes on this board and starts 4 threads in one day, they have an agenda.

When someone comes on this board and starts 4 threads in one day, they have an agenda.

10-4. Guess Im just used to gun, motorcycle forums where its normal. Haven't been on BB'ing forums for a while, guess its changed a bit

Lifting has always been a stress reliever for me. As I got older I train smarter an it's still a stress reliever but now it's even like meditation lol it's my zen time. Getting bigger is just a side effect. Like others have said I will lift until I can't..

At almost 33, I feel I've gotten pretty close to what I can do size and strength wise with my individual genetics without pushing the AAS envelope further, which is not going to happen. In fact, I see myself using less and taking more time off in the future.

It took me a while to accept that I wasn't probably going to be any bigger or stronger, but I am fine with it now. I find myself challenging myself in other ways, doing things like taking shorter or no breaks between sets, going for higher reps, doing drop sets, etc. I'm also doing more cardio stuff.

Its become harder and harder for me to just maintain my strength and size, so just fighting to not lose anything is already challenging.
I won't stop training because I don't want to wither away, and I also just can't get along with myself if I'm not training regularly....I need it for my mental health and overall well being. It helps with mood, sleep, and gives me some sense of self worth... not necessarily the strength or looks (they help) but the sense of worth you get from knowing you have the discipline and knowing you pushed yourself yet again. That's enough to keep me going even if my traditional ways of measuring progress aren't what they used to be anymore.

There are so many ways to look and feel good.

I got as big as I was gonna get years ago. In the end, it sucked. It was cool to be that strong, but I couldn't breathe, bad sleep apnea, screwed back and knees, the works. Now I just focus on not getting too fat and then getting as lean as I can part of the year.

I just went for a 40km hike this weekend with my GF and it was awesome. We were friggin' moving! Most of it was like spending hours on a stairmaster but with better scenery. Always something to do.

The drugs are the bit that's hard to give up. Being over 40, you just look and feel so much better on some low to moderate amount. But it must have a cost.

Switch gears. As I get older...Less heavy weight and more emphasis on health aspects (cardio). So...road cycling.

I don't see how bodybuilding is ever productive unless you are truly training towards being a pro that makes money off of it.

The amount of time I spend on this board plus the amount of time I spend worrying about timing my dosages of supplements and AAS and food and all of this other stuff I could be doing MUCH more productive things. I've always known this but I'm getting to a point in my life (30 now) to where I am starting to get less reluctant about putting BB'ing on the backburner and just going into cruise control with it. I really don't know how people work SERIOUS, HARD jobs that require lots of focus and attention when we have all of these other things going on that we are worrying about to get to the next level of strength or our physique.

Hopefully I will get to a point that I care a lot less about this "sport" that I have invested so much time and money in and focus more on things that are probably a lot more important in life.

OH wait I just started a brand new cycle that is going to require 85% of my attention span for the next 12-18 weeks. FUCK, maybe next year. :banghead:

I don't get paid to bodybuild but walking around looking like a Super Hero has its perks!!!
I would rather quit concrete, which I do get paid for.

I lost interest in getting bigger/stronger years ago. At age 50 the numbers I'm into are:

1. Blood pressure
2. resting heart rate
3. Body weight
4. Waist size

I place a premium on being able walk distances/up stairs without hearing myself breathe. Looking good naked is nice too.

:yeahthat:

Just picked up a carbon road bike. Shit is the business. :D

please remove this guy from PM please

Over the past couple of years, due to age and injury, I've had to adjust my approach to bodybuilding. Over the years I've had a partially torn right pec, partially torn left pec, a partially torn right tricep and a full biceps rupture/tear. I'm about to be 44 and now train with 1/2 the weights I used to, but do more volume type training for a good pump, as well as more cardio and stretching. I used to be 245 and am now 225 and not a bloated blob, and still get lots of compliments, etc. I also use probably 1/2 the gear that I used to as well. I admit sometimes I want to go nuts with the weight, but that is usually my ego talking, and I just have to keep it in check.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bullishbreed
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131