over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why Cholesterol May Not Be the Cause of Heart Disease with Dr. Aseem Malhotra

i love the piece about high LDL = better health (in context ~ with a healthy insulin sensitivity profile).

Preach.

Could anybody do the cliff notes? Very interested but it going to be some time before I have the time to watch 🙏

As someone who studied clinical nutrition in the early ‘80s at an Ivy League university, we were taught “a calorie is a calorie is a calorie!” Luckily as a collegiate wrestler and then after that a competitive bodybuilder, I realized that was certainly not the case! That message was institutionalized dogma.

Most of us on this forum know that food can have profound drug-like effects on our bodies, but that knowledge is still in its infancy with the general populous! There are plenty of corporations in the food industry that have a vested interest in deceiving us!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the advice that traditional medicine and the government put out tends to be a good 20+ years behind what science shows. But they really aren't trained in health. Just managing pain and curing disease. So health is not something i pay attention to when those groups speak about heath.

He is wrong

Care to elaborate - preferably with evidence?
This can take a full day, but let’s start with a meta analysis from 2011

Another meta analysis from 2012

2020 study

Meta analysis from 2020

By the way, inflammation is a big problem but still less of a problem than ApoB

If someone needs a rebuttal to the fact a lot of people with heart attacks have a low LDL, it’s because the heart attack itself acutely crashes LDL so it’s more than likely it was high prior to the heart attack but measured low due to the heart attack’s effect on dropping LDL

This can take a full day, but let’s start with a meta analysis from 2011

Another meta analysis from 2012

2020 study

Meta analysis from 2020

By the way, inflammation is a big problem but still less of a problem than ApoB

If someone needs a rebuttal to the fact a lot of people with heart attacks have a low LDL, it’s because the heart attack itself acutely crashes LDL so it’s more than likely it was high prior to the heart attack but measured low due to the heart attack’s effect on dropping LDL

So whats ur answer? Lower apob… how? Cardio only? Yes inflammation is an issue but what about people with just horrible cholesterol levels? How do u protect urself?

So whats ur answer? Lower apob… how? Cardio only? Yes inflammation is an issue but what about people with just horrible cholesterol levels? How do u protect urself?
10mg Ezetimibe (a higher dose than this shows no additional benefit)

If that’s not enough, Rosuvastatin (start with 5mg and then increase dose until ApoB and LDL are 40 or below)

That’s assuming you don’t use a PCSK9 inhibitor.

And yes obviously proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep as well.

Citrus bergamot and berberine help a little too.

I tend to think that is is not just 1 factor that leads to heart disease. From the studies i have seen active people have less heart disease then then sedentary. Tall people seem to have more heart disease then shorter people. Then if we look at just weight or just diet we will come up with different groups that that are at higher risk. I tend to think it is a collage of factors that lead to heart disease. Having way too much of one, or enough from a variety of factors will put some one in the emergency room.

10mg Ezetimibe (a higher dose than this shows no additional benefit)

If that’s not enough, Rosuvastatin (start with 5mg and then increase dose until ApoB and LDL are 40 or below)

That’s assuming you don’t use a PCSK9 inhibitor.

And yes obviously proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep as well.

Citrus bergamot and berberine help a little too.
Ill have to get my script renewed for ezetimibe or the cholesterol shot if possible…

I tried low dose statin and it caused blood clots…

Citrus berg caused low blood sugar issues and has that listed as a side effect but if i add gh to the mix i might be a-okay hahah

Ill have to get my script renewed for ezetimibe or the cholesterol shot if possible…

I tried low dose statin and it caused blood clots…

Citrus berg caused low blood sugar issues and has that listed as a side effect but if i add gh to the mix i might be a-okay hahah
Highly unlikely the statin caused blood clots.

What makes you attribute the clots to the statin?

If you really can’t tolerate a statin, take Bempedoic acid.

PSCK9 inhibitor shots are ideal though.

I tend to think that is is not just 1 factor that leads to heart disease. From the studies i have seen active people have less heart disease then then sedentary. Tall people seem to have more heart disease then shorter people. Then if we look at just weight or just diet we will come up with different groups that that are at higher risk. I tend to think it is a collage of factors that lead to heart disease. Having way too much of one, or enough from a variety of factors will put some one in the emergency room.
Yes many factors

High ApoB, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, inflammation, high fibrinogen, high iron, low omega 3 index, etc. all are bad

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws