mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Worst/Best Dungeon of a Gym You Worked Out in ?

One Of The Last True Hardcore Gyms Left (Physiques Unlimited)

There is a gym in Pompano Beach, Florida named Physiques Unlimited. This is truly one of the last real hardcore gyms left. The current location in Pompano has been there for about 15 years and there is no place like it. Been training there all my life. Four massive racks filled with two different styles of dumbbells ranging from 8 pounds right on up to 200 pounds. Tons of benches, tons of old school LAMB machines, awesome leg room. The owner has all types of old school and new school gadgets, handles, bars, ropes and tons of techniques of his own. This place is a true sanctuary for those who are serious about training and lifting. If anyone is in the area or visiting Florida and hasn't ever been here, you need to check this place out.

Lion Heart Gym, Pinellas Park, Florida

Hole in the wall, old school, hot as hell but god damn I loved training there

This gym if im not mistaken has been around since Kennedy was shot, in fact I think Doug or whom ever the owner is saw the commotion when it happened. I included a link thats speaks to it a bit

**broken link removed**

Doug's gym ... downtown Dallas, Texas. The equipment is old and plates are hardly even. Its a second floor facility with no a/c. Great work out place, however, the owner Doug plays 1940's music. He loves it but it gets tough lifting heavy with the Andrews sisters singing mister sandman.

worst gym has to be planet fitness. I walked in just to see what the fuss was all about, and I immediately walked out.. Best gym, always loved Powerhouse. Been training at one of their facilities for over 20+ years.

WORST - ANY planet fitness....NO benches...NO dumbbells over 65 lbs....full of TOOLS and the people that got picked on in highschool...People look at you crazy if you are sweating or grunting or even the slightest bit bowed up...

BEST - GOLDS in San Antonio, TX- most have everything I need and if not what im looking for there is a comperable variation. Workouts are never boring and never stagnant

I also used to go to a gym in the early 90's which was riddled with active gang members, all of them abusing the crap out of aas.
Basically huge upper bodies and no legs with horrible attitudes.
Selling dope, etc.
I knew the guy who was providing them with their aas and he was ripping them off, I mean really ripping them off.
I don't know how much I can say on this post but to be as vague as possible the prices he was charging were literally 5 times the going rate.
they had lots of money and had no idea so didn't seem to care.
The gym was full of rusty equipment, the staff were no existent and the ownership were absent 90% of the time.
why did I go there? no one bothered me and it was always very entertaining

Meanwhile somewhere in Russia...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNUDgLlXl4"]Тренировка спины.Бабич Ярослав.Вес 127кг,набор продолжается! - YouTube[/ame]

Went to the gym here in my town the other day because I didn't feel like driving to my regular gym. No heat, two buckets catching water from a leaky roof and a hole in the floor. Can't believe that building hasn't been condemned. Still though, I'd choose that place over any planet fitness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quads Gym on the north side of Chicago. One of the few old school / new school hardcore gyms left.

golds gym...........anywhere. my best workouts happened there...........you can focus and are around other people WHO do not talk or socialize when they Work out

Quads Gym on the north side of Chicago. One of the few old school / new school hardcore gyms left.

Quads gym on the north side is stunning, what a gym... the wife and I started training at Quads when it was in warehouse in Thornton. Then it moved to Cal City, best gym EVER.... long story short and a few owners later, that gym is fucked and closed, only people going there were Eddie Coan and his guys and bunch local undesirables. We quit training there years ago and go to USA n Bridgeview, same hardcore, less shitheads.
I got my start in '82 at the Bodycenter in Park Forest, il. Was a gym in the basement of nice plaza/outdoor mall. Place had great equipment, lots of big guys, tons of attitude, and was kinda dingy, with a few holes in carpet, walls, nice place....
I also have my own basement gym, my office, with drafting table, etc., a big bathroom w massage chair and Jacuzzi, and my wifes hair salon at the front end.

Fitness City-Matawan, NJ
Ultimate Fitness-Ocean, NJ This gym has an inverted leg press and a smith machine on tracks.

The old Bath Beach gym on ave U in Brooklyn NY in the 80's. The ultimate neighborhood dungeon gym. It had that iron and sweat smell as soon as you went downstairs. There were weights and plates everywhere. Nobody put their shit away ever. lol They had a clean nautlis room upstairs with those machines. And you could get a nice ice cream protein shake on your way out at the front desk. They dont make em like that anymore.

Metroflex, Arlington TX

Pretty cool when Big Ron and Corey Matthews are in there. Its a dump, don't get me wrong.

Best was World gym Providence RI, huge mill with every pc imaginable . Man I miss that place. Worst tried PF once .

When I first started lifting heavy, was with my neighbor down the street. He was a ex Arizona state d-lineman. I was 15 and he was 40. He had a son my age and his brother in law lifted too. We had a squat rack and a bench press rack that was adjustable. We had. A combo leg extension, seated leg curl machine, and a multi tower for lat pulldowns and tricep pressdowns and cable curls.

Our dumbells were the ones with the 1inch holes lol. We lifted in a steel building, with box fans going in the summers and space heaters in the winter. Down here that dAmn building would be 110+ in the summer, and miserable. But that was half the fun. We squatted, benched and deadlifted a lot. The Kubota tractor and the Lincoln diesel wire welder just set the tone.

Do work son!

Last edited:
Hardcore

Powerhouse Gym in the Bronx. Not as hardcore as it was 20 years ago but still grimy. Steel Gym in manhattan is pretty cool and Someone mentioned a gym in Yonkers- I know that Gym it was Yonkers fitness. You actually walked up stairs and it was serious. A ton of jacked up spanish dudes in there and it was real hardcore. Im talking like 1992. Thats about the same time the powerhouse in the bronx was so hardcore it was a bit intimidating. I think it was called ferrignos back then. There was another hardcore Gym on staten island and I believe that was called powerhouse or something it was on forest ave in the back of a shopping center. hardcore

Last edited:
Real gyms don't exist here in Kansas but the best gyms I've ever trained in were the Original Metroflex and downtown Tampa's Powerhouse.

My first gym membership was at a Powerhouse Gym, I was 16 or so. It was in an old warehouse or factory. All the floors were like that rubber material school gyms used. Free weights everywhere, machines were pretty basic and limited, even more limited with the cardio equipment. The ac system was big fans and the 2 garage doors that use to be used for loading trucks when it was a warehouse. It smelled like sweat and iron, the owner made the best protein shakes and people would walk by looking in at the monsters tearing it up. I loved that place. Now it moved to a nice town and it looks immaculate with a carpeted entrance, clean machines and some hot women lol!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
novi0jqz
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131