mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would the best Jay Cutler win this years olympia?

If the best version of Jay Cutler entered this years Olympia would he win?

• Total voters
As a guy that’s been around the sport in recent years and reached a certain level…. I’d be curious to hear what you think about the current level of physiques.

I mean, Ronnie/Jay/Phil would wax at peak, any one of these current competitors from my naked eye. It seems like somehow the sport (or whatever you prefer to call it) is devolving?
Seriously devolving at that.

With the way the IFBB is going with their judging I would say NO, too blocky, if it wasn't the case then nick walker would be Mr. Olympia this year and he won't beat Hadi for ^^^ this exact reason.

Also Nick would have placed above Hunter last year.

As a guy that’s been around the sport in recent years and reached a certain level…. I’d be curious to hear what you think about the current level of physiques.

I mean, Ronnie/Jay/Phil would wax at peak, any one of these current competitors from my naked eye. It seems like somehow the sport (or whatever you prefer to call it) is devolving?
I don't want to talk to generally, as many competitors are great! Some will disagree but I do feel its devolving. We don't see the mass monsters like we used to see, especially with that super crisp condition, where the skin tightly wraps around like seren wrap. I also notice a lot of guys don't have deep separation that we used to see. This is why guys like Samson, Rafa Brandao, Derek Lundsford, Hadi and a handful of a few others stick out to me because they come in pretty damn detailed!

Also years ago one of my first mentors, Fakhri, made a statement saying with gear quality going down, so will the physiques. From working with so many people throughout the years, seeing what's out there, how people respond etc, I absolutely agree with this statement. High quality supplements just produce a CERTAIN LOOK! You also don't need to run as high dosages. I also am hearing and seeing GH dosages going way way to high, coupled with insulin which is just making some physique round and balloon like.

Aside from all that, we don't see as much "hardcore" training, dieting, cardio. A lot of things have been cushioned and made softer throughout the years. The effort in the gym, shows in the physique not only with size, but also conditioning. This is all just my opinion of course.

After watching g the prejudging, yeah. Jay wins.

the 2001 jay cutler is his best in my opinon and he would have destroyed anybody in this line up!

I don't want to talk to generally, as many competitors are great! Some will disagree but I do feel its devolving. We don't see the mass monsters like we used to see, especially with that super crisp condition, where the skin tightly wraps around like seren wrap. I also notice a lot of guys don't have deep separation that we used to see. This is why guys like Samson, Rafa Brandao, Derek Lundsford, Hadi and a handful of a few others stick out to me because they come in pretty damn detailed!

Also years ago one of my first mentors, Fakhri, made a statement saying with gear quality going down, so will the physiques. From working with so many people throughout the years, seeing what's out there, how people respond etc, I absolutely agree with this statement. High quality supplements just produce a CERTAIN LOOK! You also don't need to run as high dosages. I also am hearing and seeing GH dosages going way way to high, coupled with insulin which is just making some physique round and balloon like.

Aside from all that, we don't see as much "hardcore" training, dieting, cardio. A lot of things have been cushioned and made softer throughout the years. The effort in the gym, shows in the physique not only with size, but also conditioning. This is all just my opinion of course.

I could understand this statement 20 years ago, back when UGLs were first hitting the scene and chemical testing was basically absent. But now? There are highly proficient labs all over the world capable of testing gear for relatively cheap prices. And in terms of manufacturing, there are just so many Chinese labs making completely legit stuff. They do it better than anyone else, by far. Certainly better than the U.S.. The U.S. doesn't really manufacture anymore...and they sure as hell aren't known as the world's chemical manufacturer. That's China and in general, Asia.

From a UGL standpoint, finding high quality gear and confirming its legitimacy via lab testing is easier than ever. Ethics are the main issue now. Do UGLs want to spend the money to ensure all their products are good...and once they've done that, do they take all the other little steps necessary to ensure their products are being made with total sterility? Most importantly, does the company owner have the morals to make sure he stays on the high road? In an illegal industry, that's really what it comes down to. Some do. Some don't.

I could understand this statement 20 years ago, back when UGLs were first hitting the scene and chemical testing was basically absent. But now? There are highly proficient labs all over the world capable of testing gear for relatively cheap prices. And in terms of manufacturing, there are just so many Chinese labs making completely legit stuff. They do it better than anyone else, by far. Certainly better than the U.S.. The U.S. doesn't really manufacture anymore...and they sure as hell aren't known as the world's chemical manufacturer. That's China and in general, Asia.

From a UGL standpoint, finding high quality gear and confirming its legitimacy via lab testing is easier than ever. Ethics are the main issue now. Do UGLs want to spend the money to ensure all their products are good...and once they've done that, do they take all the other little steps necessary to ensure their products are being made with total sterility? Most importantly, does the company owner have the morals to make sure he stays on the high road? In an illegal industry, that's really what it comes down to. Some do. Some don't.
Always loved reading your replies throughout the years Mike!!!

I do agree on what China is putting out. But for the ones here in US, you are right comes down to ethics, and most do not have it. I have seen a massive fluctuations in what my clients have been using, and once switch to a reputable brand, the difference in look is day and night. From what I have seen personally, 9/10 are complete junk!

Up against Hadi, I think Jay would dominate.

Always loved reading your replies throughout the years Mike!!!

I do agree on what China is putting out. But for the ones here in US, you are right comes down to ethics, and most do not have it. I have seen a massive fluctuations in what my clients have been using, and once switch to a reputable brand, the difference in look is day and night. From what I have seen personally, 9/10 are complete junk!
It would be great if everyone could just buy their own raw powders in bulk, have them tested, and then assemble it themselves, but obviously, it's cost and time prohibitive for most. In most cases assembly is easy. I know there are entire boards dedicated to making gear at home...and that's great, but the truth is that most gear is super easy to make. Actually, it's all easy to make. It's just not all done in the exact same way due to differences in solubility, but once this is learned, it is a piece of cake.

Unfortunately, when an industry isn't regulated, people can do whatever they want. This really leaves people vulnerable to the whims of the seller.

Mike or Dom in your guys opinion do the top guys at the olympia level take underground labs? i know some high level guys that actually do and the gen pop also has access to that same stuff so i am not shocked. im not talking about tren and eq the vet stuff, but in general there seems to be UGL labs that rival pharma labs.

i always thought the top guys / coaches used only pharma grade but was shocked to hear that its not always the case.

Mike or Dom in your guys opinion do the top guys at the olympia level take underground labs? i know some high level guys that actually do and the gen pop also has access to that same stuff so i am not shocked. im not talking about tren and eq the vet stuff, but in general there seems to be UGL labs that rival pharma labs.

i always thought the top guys / coaches used only pharma grade but was shocked to hear that its not always the case.
Because legit HG can be an absolute bitch to get your hands on, alot of HG is faked even in their respective country, take Schering Primo from Türkey its well know that pharmacies there cheat tourists and sell fake gear, during one operation done by police in Spain they found testex ampules, fake ones made so good that only under a microscope you could you spot the difference between fake and real by the ink used on the ampule, so if you get a great legit UG source and the gear is spot on, why run the risk with some fake HG ?

Because legit HG can be an absolute bitch to get your hands on, alot of HG is faked even in their respective country, take Schering Primo from Türkey its well know that pharmacies there cheat tourists and sell fake gear, during one operation done by police in Spain they found testex ampules, fake ones made so good that only under a microscope you could you spot the difference between fake and real by the ink used on the ampule, so if you get a great legit UG source and the gear is spot on, why run the risk with some fake HG ?
I would never buy "HG" except for insulin. HG is much more likely to be fake than UG imo.

Ronnie is definitely the G.O.A.T. when Jay beat Ronnie, Ronnie had that lat issue. Prime Ronnie was unbeatable in any era.
Agreed and Jay was a great Mr.O and he could’ve lost to Ronnie that year but it was time for Jay to take the mantle. That wasn’t his best Year imo and yes he would smoke this years line up. Honestly Dexters one year woukdve beat this years line up. Walker, Samson, and Hunter are the future of the sport but they are quite there yet and the IFBB still wants global guys to win bc lije basketball in China it’s $$$. Iran is worthless but having another person from the richest countries in the world oil wise who only care about soccer is a smart play.

One of the reasons each successive generation seems down graded is because you see a guy lose for years and then he starts winning, and it seems like the winners these days are losers. It's like you see a guy win a show and you remember all those years he was way down in the placings and it seems like a guy who should he placing 5th-8th is now winning and that must mean the competition is weaker. But you don't notice all the little improvements he made that have moved him up, because let's face it, he still looks like the same guy except it the very well trained eye, and even then, he's still the same dude anyways.

It would be great if everyone could just buy their own raw powders in bulk, have them tested, and then assemble it themselves, but obviously, it's cost and time prohibitive for most. In most cases assembly is easy. I know there are entire boards dedicated to making gear at home...and that's great, but the truth is that most gear is super easy to make. Actually, it's all easy to make. It's just not all done in the exact same way due to differences in solubility, but once this is learned, it is a piece of cake.

Unfortunately, when an industry isn't regulated, people can do whatever they want. This really leaves people vulnerable to the whims of the seller.
What are the boards you say are dedicated to making gear at home ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyjoe8605
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131