over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Prep coach..smh

beans

Registered
I was send an email today that had me laughing. First off, I hired a guy to prep me for a show I did in April this year and signed a year long contract with him (bad idea). well after I did my show he gave me a crappy diet and pretty much told me to get on some compounds and let him know when I hit 200lbs. I competed at 165. I had plateaued around 185 and looked like a bag of shit and he told me to up my carbs. After that I never heard from him again after countless emails to him.
this is where I start to laugh. Today I receive an email stating this...

"Hey guys...as many of you may know, there's has been a big rife on Facebook concerning the safety of Team athletes. So I'm asking you guys to do me a favor and flood facebook with positive post about your great coach;)...and how your safety and health is always considered over winning a trophy."

After no contact in over 4 months I get this email. I just shook my head. Giving me a shit diet and telling me to use aas and stay on until i gain 35lbs? then when people call you out about it you send this in a group email...I know I can't be the only 1 who thinks this is off the wall...Hell when I hired him he just gave me a cycle and didn't ask about prior aas use, what my diet was, and about any bloodwork...BTW I'm not working with him anymore and my contract is up in feburary. Linked up with a coach who looks out for health and helps achieve your goals. SHELBY.
Sorry for the rant. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this has to be the dumbest ploy.

I was send an email today that had me laughing. First off, I hired a guy to prep me for a show I did in April this year and signed a year long contract with him (bad idea). well after I did my show he gave me a crappy diet and pretty much told me to get on some compounds and let him know when I hit 200lbs. I competed at 165. I had plateaued around 185 and looked like a bag of shit and he told me to up my carbs. After that I never heard from him again after countless emails to him.

"Hey guys...as many of you may know, there's has been a big rife on Facebook concerning the safety of Team athletes. So I'm asking you guys to do me a favor and flood facebook with positive post about your great coach;)...and how your safety and health is always considered over winning a trophy."

After no contact in over 4 months I get this email. I just shook my head. Giving me a shit diet and telling me to use aas and stay on until i gain 35lbs? then when people call you out about it you send this in a group email...I know I can't be the only 1 who thinks this is off the wall...Hell when I hired him he just gave me a cycle and didn't ask about prior aas use, what my diet was, and about any bloodwork...BTW I'm not working with him anymore and my contract is up in feburary. Linked up with a coach who looks out for health and helps achieve your goals. SHELBY.
Sorry for the rant. Just wondering if anyone else thinks this has to be the dumbest ploy.

Your going to tell us this and not expose who he is..

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

I figured I'll leave his name out. He isn't a sponsor and is in the South east. Not a big coach. And not a top teir pro either. I have learned now. You get what you pay for...

Is this the coach that just had another client in the hospital this week?

What a joke, you should flood FB with this post, and let people know hes full of shit and not to waste their money on him.

YES, you should.
Is this the coach that just had another client in the hospital this week?
I dont think so, Don stays in touch with his clients, I have two freinds who have used Don and another who was a former client, they dont have anything bad to say about him, furthermore I have seen Dons diets, they are well thought out unlike the person the OP is talking about.
Also this whole thing about this guy ending up in the hospital, that wasnt because of Don, that was because of the idiots own doing.
Im not going to defend Don, but I do happen to know a great deal about him and his training style.

I dont think so, Don stays in touch with his clients, I have two freinds who have used Don and another who was a former client, they dont have anything bad to say about him, furthermore I have seen Dons diets, they are well thought out unlike the person the OP is talking about.
Also this whole thing about this guy ending up in the hospital, that wasnt because of Don, that was because of the idiots own doing.
Im not going to defend Don, but I do happen to know a great deal about him and his training style.

Gotcha... I just know last night I logged into facebook and saw on the one group Don was getting lit up! I fell asleep before I got through some of the comments...

yea i read the whole joel vs. don post, wow!!!! should have been handled in a totally different manner.

yea i read the whole joel vs. don post, wow!!!! should have been handled in a totally different manner.

Agreed, made me think there was an agenda on Joel's part maybe....maybe.

Curious now!! Names?
I'm in Canada. So need entertainment lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't you go make a snowman or something? lol jk with ya...

This has become all too common place nowadays.

I am NOT a coach, I abhor that word in bodybuilding, we dont have teams or shit like that, I dont know how the word came into bodybuilding lingo but I would prefer it go away, along with bulking and some other choice shit.

However- I have been helping a buddy for the last 16 weeks with his prep. He came to me because he had hired and paid an IFBB pro. All I know is he's from NY and his first name is "Joe" dont ask me anything else because I dont know, and I dont care.

For 8 weeks he practically ignored my buddy, gave him some baseline shit diet including eat bananas 3x's a day, not telling him when to eat them 'just make sure you eat 3 a day" lmfao.
Anyways- after my buddy fell way behind he came to me asked me what I thought.
I simply told him he was 20 weeks out at week 16.
He dropped the guy, and this guy ends up getting all ass-sore over it.
Told him he had 'pro-potential' which is true, he does have pro potential.
Difference is I treat him like that, and this Joe character did not....just took the money.
I didnt charge him anything, did everything for free, just told him- go represent.
So this week, my friend comes to me with a guy we both know from our gym.
Hes been being trained from a local competitor who I know of but dont know personally.
Good competitor, good physique.
SO HIS, client shows me pics and tells me that his trainer gave him some protocol for prep week before the show that didnt work and left him flat-said he couldnt get a pump at all.
I looked at his pics and he was ripped, but flat.
Then he tells me his trainer bailed on him, no replies to email or texts. Hes got one more show next week, same one my guy is doing.
So he asked me if I could help I said sure...asked him to bring me all the info he had on what he did and had been doing up to the last show a week prior.
So he brought it to me yesterday....HOLY SHIT!
Ass backwards was the first thing that went through my head.
ZERO carbs mon-fri...moderate to high sodium mon-fri.
SAT- NO SODIUM, and some carbs.
He didnt taper his water at all 2 gal mon -fri and then BOOM none sat.
Mind you the guy is 186 lbs.
Now Im far from an expert but thats just crazy.
SO he had me write up a protocol for him, I did the best I could to alter what had been done without shocking his body.
But fuck, what the hell??!!
There are a lot of these so called prep guys out there 'pretending'.
I dont advertise myself as such, I know what I know, and have fucked up and made mistake with my own prep and have had successes and learned along the way.
But there are a lot of hucksters out there, who 'look' the part but dont know dog shit about how to do things. Or are just lazy ass scammers.
It is at an all time worst in bodybuilding now- everyone thinks there a a trainer/coach/nutritionist/guru...whatever adjective you want to use, fact is I only know of a handful of people who I think are actual experts.
Of these people three come to mind right away....
Shelby Kevin DeHaven and AJ Sims.

Last edited:
Who is Shelby? lol
Thats your name?

Anyways I would do the opposite of what he is requesting. Being a lousy coach is one thing but having the gaul to ask for positive feedback would be the tipping point for me. :star-w:rs

But there are a lot of hucksters out there, who 'look' the part but dont know dog shit about how to do things. Or are just lazy ass scammers.
It is at an all time worst in bodybuilding now- everyone thinks there a a trainer/coach/nutritionist/guru...whatever adjective you want to use, fact is I only know of a handful of people who I think are actual experts.
Of these people three come to mind right away....
Shelby Kevin DeHaven and AJ Sims.

I worked with AJ Sims and Scott Stevenson. Scott and AJ are both awesome people. Both communicate very well. AJ likes to text and chat on the phone Scott uses email (but respond back promptly).

Both were highly detailed, both sought constant feedback, both asked tons and tons... AND TONS of questions... both did not just gives me foods to eat, but made sure the foods I was eating were foods my body handled and processed well. Both allowed me to ask questions and pick their brains before starting with them to ensure it was a good coach/client fit.... I still check in with Scott to make sure things are progressing properly and next year Scott and I are going to get back together... I would trust both of these guys with my life, and essentially, I did...

I have not worked with Shelby personally, but have messaged with him briefly and see the world he has done and his testimonials... my girl is debating whether or not she is going to compete and if she does, I suggested she work with Shelby

I worked with AJ Sims and Scott Stevenson. Scott and AJ are both awesome people. Both communicate very well. AJ likes to text and chat on the phone Scott uses email (but respond back promptly).

Both were highly detailed, both sought constant feedback, both asked tons and tons... AND TONS of questions... both did not just gives me foods to eat, but made sure the foods I was eating were foods my body handled and processed well. Both allowed me to ask questions and pick their brains before starting with them to ensure it was a good coach/client fit.... I still check in with Scott to make sure things are progressing properly and next year Scott and I are going to get back together... I would trust both of these guys with my life, and essentially, I did...

I have not worked with Shelby personally, but have messaged with him briefly and see the world he has done and his testimonials... my girl is debating whether or not she is going to compete and if she does, I suggested she work with Shelby

These are qualities every trainer should have....communication with the client is essential especially over the net and long distances.

how is his coach? i dont get the rant and you dont give us a name so other people contact him for help

Who is Shelby? lol
Thats your name?

Anyways I would do the opposite of what he is requesting. Being a lousy coach is one thing but having the gaul to ask for positive feedback would be the tipping point for me. :star-w:rs

I'm Shelby. Yes it's my name (weird parents).

Not a big coach. lee banks. I hired him since he was cheaper and somewhat local. After I paid the initial payment I knew it was a mistake. Drug protocol and training regimen were emailed back without him even knowing what I looked like. His cycle seemed to make up for his lack of diet knowledge..what gets me even more is I was dumb enough to think he did his own prep. he has Ateco. Has like 40ppl under him but can't prep himself? mind blown.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws