over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What will you do when bodybuilding isnt productive anymore

Kurtneyhart

Newbies
At some point after many years of toilling away in the gym , results will slow, pains will grow appetites will shrink and old age will creep in. If you are results driven in the gym and start to see it fade, what do you do?
Find a new hobby or adjust your goals and accept that you have past your prime and become teachers of bodybuilding...

I love lifting.
Results or not I'll keep doing it till I die.

It is like life, the ones who only focus on the material things will have the hardest struggle. "Gains" in bodybuilding are far more than the physical and they never stop.

^^ Agree. As I get older and as I have changes to my health then I will adjust my goals. To me that will still be making gains according to my goals.

Bodybuilding never stops being productive. There are about a million medical reports that show you can gain muscle and lose fat at any age. I always tell my clients we can train just as hard as the 20 somethings only we have to train smarter.

results will slow, but so what, its still fun for me. hell, "results" stopped quite awhiile ago, if my definition is getting constantly bigger. ive realized i wont look any better bigger, and all that eating and gear use got old.
im 45, my training is evolved, no more heavy single rep ranges, 250 t a week only, well, and 3iu gh, and im leaner and more muscular than most guys my age and really thats my only goal. hell, im down to 2 days a week in the gym, push and pull day, the rest im biking or hiking and no tendonitis, no aching knees, no needing to eat 4k cals to try to hit a chubby 240, im 220 and going for 10% bf.
if your definition of "results" evolves, then you will always have a goal to strive for, even if it's only to have fun in the gym with yr lifting pals.

Bodybuilding never stops being productive. There are about a million medical reports that show you can gain muscle and lose fat at any age. I always tell my clients we can train just as hard as the 20 somethings only we have to train smarter.

7 of your last 12 posts talk about how you train clients. You can pay sponsorship fees if you want to coach here.:rolleyes:

And to the op.............you just joined today and started 4 threads........:rolleyes:

Really good article about this by Dave Tate:

"Normal types might scoff at the notion of hitting the gym with so much shit going on, but they aren't seeing the big picture – or at least my big picture. I don't punish myself with drop-sets and high-rep squats to build muscle. I do it to kill my demons."

https://www.t-nation.com/training/elite-wisdom

Speaking for us old guys, I'll be 60 in a few months. If your goal now is to look good at the beach or in the clubs, you will more than likely quit lifting as you get older. For me, I've always enjoyed lifting for the thrill of reaching goals. Hitting a PR, for me, is similar to a junkie getting his first hit of the day! :D

I focus more on diet and moderation! I pick people more than work out! It use to be the other way around

Become Rich Piana.

No disrespect to him at all.
But he might be healthier that big. being that a lot of it isn't real.

Jump rope with weight circuits like I did in college. That way I can be lean year round and be normal.

7 of your last 12 posts talk about how you train clients. You can pay sponsorship fees if you want to coach here.:rolleyes:

And to the op.............you just joined today and started 4 threads........:rolleyes:

Really? Maybe he posts about his training and clients because its relevant to the discussion topic. How do discussion forums work again? :rolleyes:

Might want to check your second comment. OP joined April 3 of 2014. If you're going to be a dick, at least have your shit right :rolleyes:

Love lifting will do it tell I can't no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will cross that bridge when I get to it and if I do I will swim the beach and tan my ass off :D

At some point after many years of toilling away in the gym , results will slow, pains will grow appetites will shrink and old age will creep in. If you are results driven in the gym and start to see it fade, what do you do?
Find a new hobby or adjust your goals and accept that you have past your prime and become teachers of bodybuilding...

Drink

It's always going to be productive. We may not be able to train or look as great as we did at 25 or 35 years old, but you can still make it your goal to have the best damn physique of anyone at your age.

Seeing a large and defined 50+ year old guy in my opinion is a lot more impressive than a your typical 20-40 year old bodybuilder. There are so many young bodybuilders out there already, but how often do you see a guy in his 50s or 60s with impressive physiques? There are some out there, but no where near as many as the younger generation.

You just have to keep at it and most importantly listen to your body. You may not be able to train for as long or as intensely without sacrificing energy, but that does not mean you have to give it up totally. It is just part of becoming older.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws