over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

i want a freaking chest!

saint808

Registered
i know genetics plays a part but what can i do to really pump my chest to all hell.

saint808 said:
i know genetics plays a part but what can i do to really pump my chest to all hell.

oh and btw... you name the exerise and i have probably done it... even caskets.

SHIT - I thought this was a post about finding yourself a large-breasted woman :p ;)

Try This

Read the info here: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7550

I've found that "focusing" on working your target muscle more (keeping tension on it) rather than "am I doing a full range of motion" works the muscle better. Take bench as an example. Shoulder injuries occur either coming off the chest or at the top. I thought the focus in doing bench press was chest, not shoulders :confused: ;) :cool:

I found that supersets pec deck and incline flies work really well.

hey Saint

I know the feeling. There have been times i felt that i was so damn big, and if only chest matched my other body parts i would look like a monster. My chest used to be really good when i was a teen and all did was bench every other day. was actually my best bodypart. it become under developed when i started "bodybuilding".

well i recently switched my routine to a BBB type deal. I read the book but i'm following Phil's routine. I hit bodyparts 3x a week. and even though i'm on a cutting diet and doing cardio i'm going up in strenght on pretty much everything and I feel that my chest is improving pretty good. I'm going up about 5 lbs on incline each week for the same reps. Which might not seem like much but it adds up and to me that is good b/c i think thats great if u could gain strength while losing fat.

anyway

I do 3 sets. 1 heavy (5 reps) medium weights (10 reps) and a light weight set of (15 reps). Now there is nothing magical about the reps. its just a range and i always go to failure. I might bet 4 reps, 11 reps, 16 reps.

on the heavy set i go as heavy as i can. full range of motion. really controlling the weight. this allows me to go as heavy as i possibly can

on the 10 reps set I do go for more of a keeping tension on the muscle approach. I don't lock out on these reps and keep the muscle stressed. I'll usually hit about 8 reps then lockout and squeeze out 2 more.

on the 15 rep set....the amount of weight u use is of minor importance. keep tension on the muscle as much as possible and not lockout. keep the reps pumpin'.

using these different rep schemes hit differnet fiber types, fast twitch, intermediate, and slow twitch

also i try to control the weight on the way down to keep good form but explode up as powerful and fast as possible

if anthing else i'd say concentrate on more presses and less fly.

Last edited:
Conan21 said:
hey Saint

I know the feeling. There have been times i felt that i was so damn big, and if only chest matched my other body parts i would look like a monster. My chest used to be really good when i was a teen and all did was bench every other day. was actually my best bodypart. it become under developed when i started "bodybuilding".

well i recently switched my routine to a BBB type deal. I read the book but i'm following Phil's routine. I hit bodyparts 3x a week. and even though i'm on a cutting diet and doing cardio i'm going up in strenght on pretty much everything and I feel that my chest is improving pretty good. I'm going up about 5 lbs on incline each week for the same reps. Which might not seem like much but it adds up and to me that is good b/c i think thats great if u could gain strength while losing fat.

anyway

I do 3 sets. 1 heavy (5 reps) medium weights (10 reps) and a light weight set of (15 reps). Now there is nothing magical about the reps. its just a range and i always go to failure. I might bet 4 reps, 11 reps, 16 reps.

on the heavy set i go as heavy as i can. full range of motion. really controlling the weight. this allows me to go as heavy as i possibly can

on the 10 reps set I do go for more of a keeping tension on the muscle approach. I don't lock out on these reps and keep the muscle stressed. I'll usually hit about 8 reps then lockout and squeeze out 2 more.

on the 15 rep set....the amount of weight u use is of minor importance. keep tension on the muscle as much as possible and not lockout. keep the reps pumpin'.

using these different rep schemes hit differnet fiber types, fast twitch, intermediate, and slow twitch

also i try to control the weight on the way down to keep good form but explode up as powerful and fast as possible

if anthing else i'd say concentrate on more presses and less fly.

one i haven't hit on... this hall start next week. very frustrating,

thanks guys

control the weight in the negative portion of the rep...give yourself a good 4 second negative.

i don't think negatives are good.

yes you should control it on the way down. but doing negatives with w8 you can do positives with is not as productive. on this program you should perform reps as fast as possible.

Chest

Chest is my best body part mostly from genetics I guess. I'm always being asked what do I do for chest. I never work chest directly so the only answer I have is that I lean forward on dips and I do I lot of diffrent presses that is decline incline etc. I also do push ups.

I kno this is weird but when my pecs were at their best is when I used to only do bench press & 100 assorted pushups finished with 10 1 arm pushups. It wasnt until I knew what I was doing that my chest started to suck lol ...."irony"

i think that when people want to build up a certain weak bodypart, some make the mistake of going real heavy not paying attention to isolation and form. you have to really isolate and use the muscle you are working on. dont worry about how much you are lifting, worry about isolating and feeling the muscle u are working. work your muscle to failure and let your body recover before hitting it again. that might be why IRON37 got better results from doing pushups b/c he probably isolated his chest better and got more out of it than lifting heavy.

>> i am not assuming that either of you dont isolate good enough. its just a thought.

Well first off, I've got the chest of an 8 year old girls back. But I do get a pump from doing hammer incline presses supersetted with cable xovers. I do this because my shoulders hurt so damn bad that the quicker the workout, the better.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws