over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who owns a Metroflex Gym?

YES

Isn't the owner of the Phoenix MetroFlex a member here? Josh Barnett? Maybe there is more than one Josh Barnett in the industry and I am getting them mixed up, though.

I think that's who I was trying to think of...
-JS

Lots of capital and very very slow returns.
Though if you have the desire you can survive.

you get what you pay for. $10-20 month = broken equipment taking months to fix, dirty, etc.

A good gym should not charge less than $40-45 monthly, with a long term commitment. If you want to pay monthly with no contract, should be more. But them you have to offer good quality for the money.
I pay $15/months at my Gold's
Back in the 80's I was paying $45 to train at Worlds in Providence, RI
I wish I was still at Worlds

My gold's has teh best equipment I've ever seen in my life. I would not be surprised if it had the best equipment in california since it just opened 6 months ago. I don't know why you need 4 glute ham raises or 6 flat benches, etc, but it's nice to have. They also have 3 olympic weight stations with platforms and 6 power racks in total, 5 different pec decks and so many cable attachments, it forms a mound on the storage rack. .

$15/month

Pieguy that sounds like an awesome gym

Can you build one in DFW? I'm surrounded by nothing but pussy-ass gyms that are oozing vagina juice. Seriously, went from an amazing mom and pop gym that had everything to a okay gold's gym and now to fucking 24hr fitness that only has 1 fucking squat rack.

If that Worlds was on branch ave ,that was one of the best gyms around, miles of equipment.

If that Worlds was on branch ave ,that was one of the best gyms around, miles of equipment.
Yep
I moved to Vegas in 1990
I was even a member when they were on Douglas Ave

How about in the early '80's, there was RIBBC (Rhode Island Bodybuilding Club), Owned my good friend Carl T. We moved to Douglas Ave. the late '80's where I was training with the morning crew. Those were the days, man!

How about in the early '80's, there was RIBBC (Rhode Island Bodybuilding Club), Owned my good friend Carl T. We moved to Douglas Ave. the late '80's where I was training with the morning crew. Those were the days, man!
Same gym no? The name changed to Golds and then finally Worlds
I trained there from about 85-90
Guys named Hank and AL owned it then

Yeah those two buried the place , Hank is a personal trainer now at a Golds now.

Same one, Bro. Yeah, Hank and Al were the last ones to own it, and before I moved down here to Florida, they were still open. I'm not sure if they're still open today. I was there between 83 to maybe 93. You couldn't beat the gym on Branch Ave., a converted mill with a ton of room and a ton of equipment. Like I said, those were the days.

Same one, Bro. Yeah, Hank and Al were the last ones to own it, and before I moved down here to Florida, they were still open. I'm not sure if they're still open today. I was there between 83 to maybe 93. You couldn't beat the gym on Branch Ave., a converted mill with a ton of room and a ton of equipment. Like I said, those were the days.
The Flamingo Golds out here was set up just like that one

It is gone closed around 02. That gym was hardcore kind of like Bevs in a different era.

I see some people saying they pay $15 /month for a membership. Its deff a regional thing cause the golds i go to is $40/month

I'm up in Canuckville, but apparently we are more economically free than our friends from the south in the USSA now (Burger King lol) and I pay $45 a month. Every couple or three years my buddy and I do a considerable biz plan up and every time it seems hard to stay afloat. My buddy is also an accountant for the gym I'm at he said he makes a living but works nearly 12 hours each and every day.

Where in Cali pieguy?

My gold's has teh best equipment I've ever seen in my life. I would not be surprised if it had the best equipment in california since it just opened 6 months ago. I don't know why you need 4 glute ham raises or 6 flat benches, etc, but it's nice to have. They also have 3 olympic weight stations with platforms and 6 power racks in total, 5 different pec decks and so many cable attachments, it forms a mound on the storage rack. .

$15/month

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner