over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who owns a Metroflex Gym?

I see some people saying they pay $15 /month for a membership. Its deff a regional thing cause the golds i go to is $40/month
And I not only have access to every Golds in the Vegas area but I can travel to just about any Golds in the world for free with that $15 membership

you get what you pay for. $10-20 month = broken equipment taking months to fix, dirty, etc.

A good gym should not charge less than $40-45 monthly, with a long term commitment. If you want to pay monthly with no contract, should be more. But them you have to offer good quality for the money.

Not true in some places! 50,000 sq ft new gym opened in a city near me with all brand new equipment. $10 month with 2 year contract! They have already put a Gold's and another locally owned gym out of business.

It's a VERY tough way to try and make a living.

I thought there was a member on here who opened one?
I was hoping to find him.... I personally would never invest in a gym (my father did and his eventually went bankrupt) but I am trying to find some resources for my friend....
-JS

I just bought a MetroFlex franchise for atl. Whoever thinks gyms aren't profitable is sadly mistaken. What gym owners fail to realize is you can't make it on memberships, memberships pay overhead that's it. Nobody cares about a " johns gym" when they come in from out of state. People have contacted me from Alabama already to come by and train just to say they did. I'm also signed with one of the biggest supplement Dist in america, have tanning, massage, boxing , merchandise, and an online store developing for all that. That's how you eat. That's your profit. Ronnie coleman is coming out to get the doors opened for us, and the last time CT Fletcher did that for a opening , the line was 4 hours long and the gym signed 400 people. I've already received buy out calls from the bigger gyms because they know their body builders are gone. We've got steel, loud music, tires flippn and just a bad ass feel to a workout. Oh and yea, we are 24 hours. made real hard for anyone to compete. But again, we are by no means the cheapest but not one presigned member cared, they just wanted a place where grammaw couldn't bitch about it. Oh, and with atl being a major show spot, we will boom. Johnny smiles, I'm not on here much but I'll pm you bro. Thx

A gym run the right way is like printing money. Those dues on EFT just keep coming. It is harder than it used to be although.
A busy gym will sell a ton of drinks, merch, training, tanning, extra classes.
The gym I train at has over 10,000 members at $10 a month. (Do the math)
Only 1000 workouts per day though. 90% pay and never go and never cancel the measly $10 a month.
The owner of 24 Hour fitness, Mark Mastrov told me
" you can sell a ticket for a seat at a theatre to 20 people, if you know only one will show up."

Last edited:
I just bought a MetroFlex franchise for atl. Whoever thinks gyms aren't profitable is sadly mistaken. What gym owners fail to realize is you can't make it on memberships, memberships pay overhead that's it. Nobody cares about a " johns gym" when they come in from out of state. People have contacted me from Alabama already to come by and train just to say they did. I'm also signed with one of the biggest supplement Dist in america, have tanning, massage, boxing , merchandise, and an online store developing for all that. That's how you eat. That's your profit. Ronnie coleman is coming out to get the doors opened for us, and the last time CT Fletcher did that for a opening , the line was 4 hours long and the gym signed 400 people. I've already received buy out calls from the bigger gyms because they know their body builders are gone. We've got steel, loud music, tires flippn and just a bad ass feel to a workout. Oh and yea, we are 24 hours. made real hard for anyone to compete. But again, we are by no means the cheapest but not one presigned member cared, they just wanted a place where grammaw couldn't bitch about it. Oh, and with atl being a major show spot, we will boom. Johnny smiles, I'm not on here much but I'll pm you bro. Thx

Your location is prime brotha man. That is a major contributing factor to the success or failure of any business much less a gym. Where I live, you could bring the same gym, Ronnie Coleman to open the doors (you could bring the past 10 Olympia lineups) and the gym wouldn't be successful. Why? I live in a county that has the 2nd highest median age in America. They don't care about muscles, they care about making it to 86 lol
A major metropolitan area has a younger crowd that wants what you offer, and even the older crowd that wants it. Smaller towns don't have that and must cater to the people. We had a gym owned by a retired bodybuilder, and it did well for a while. But, people started going to the big box gyms because what 45yr old woman wants to watch guys squatting until they puke? I'm glad that you are being successful and wish you continued success! If you ever need any insurance help, hit me up! I love working with gyms

Seems like you truly know the business and the clientele you want to serve... The idea to open a gym has been a dream of mine and the franchise I would go with is Metroflex. Those serious about training hear the name Metroflex and immediately our ears turn up. The name Metroflex has a brand image of being gym where you go to kick ass, whatever reason you are training for, when you go to Metroflex, it is time to buckle up and prepare for war...

Recently a Powerhouse gym opened near me and they are trying to portray the hardcore image but don't have the equipment and have a shitty location. There are several Gold's gyms under the same ownership and two of these gyms have been deemed the "bodybuilder" gyms of the area as many national level guys train there.

I wish you tons of success!!!

Definitely sounds like a winner of a gym!

Your location is prime brotha man. That is a major contributing factor to the success or failure of any business much less a gym. Where I live, you could bring the same gym, Ronnie Coleman to open the doors (you could bring the past 10 Olympia lineups) and the gym wouldn't be successful. Why? I live in a county that has the 2nd highest median age in America. They don't care about muscles, they care about making it to 86 lol
A major metropolitan area has a younger crowd that wants what you offer, and even the older crowd that wants it. Smaller towns don't have that and must cater to the people. We had a gym owned by a retired bodybuilder, and it did well for a while. But, people started going to the big box gyms because what 45yr old woman wants to watch guys squatting until they puke? I'm glad that you are being successful and wish you continued success! If you ever need any insurance help, hit me up! I love working with gyms

i actually i do need insurance help. i havent even began to price it but yea i need it. PM me bro thx

Seems like you truly know the business and the clientele you want to serve... The idea to open a gym has been a dream of mine and the franchise I would go with is Metroflex. Those serious about training hear the name Metroflex and immediately our ears turn up. The name Metroflex has a brand image of being gym where you go to kick ass, whatever reason you are training for, when you go to Metroflex, it is time to buckle up and prepare for war...

Recently a Powerhouse gym opened near me and they are trying to portray the hardcore image but don't have the equipment and have a shitty location. There are several Gold's gyms under the same ownership and two of these gyms have been deemed the "bodybuilder" gyms of the area as many national level guys train there.

I wish you tons of success!!!

thx bro, yea thats the biggest thing. guys just hear the name and say where do i sign. i havent even opened yet and signed a whole powerlifting team to a big deal. we will also have boxing and MMA events. $$$$ tickets, vs, entry, vs payout = $ in the bank. like i said, we arent the cheapest and will never be, but then again if you are worried about $30 a month, then i need to be more worried about rather you'll go insufficient on your dues and not pay lol

opening gyms

Jay's name would do well with the bodybuilding croud, but Suzie Jane who wants to do zumba and spend an hour on the adductor/abductor machine doesn't know Jay Cutler from John Doe. The market appeal needs to extend beyond a niche community (unless you buy a gym for a niche community and design it with minimal overhead costs and to fit the only the specific needs of that group - e.g. crossfit gyms)

The market appeal needs to be vast and the the prices competitive. This is damn hard because you need to be willing to eat those sunk costs of equipment that meet the needs of a diverse population as you keep member prices low. With member prices low, to prevent going under, you need to have a large customer base. This required a lot of marketing and promotions before you even lay the first brick. You need people lined up to join one day 1.
This is true! I have opened two gyms in my time and this was the approach. You have to advertise alot and there is alot of work going on before the gyms even opens its doors. You have to have members before you open!

Just some info I have on my two gyms I go to in my area. There is def money to be made with the regular 6a-10pm gym. One made 400,000k plus last year and the other was above 700,000k! These gyms are nowhere close to the two large cities in my state. Which by the way is the second most unhealthy state in the nation and prolly the poorest.

Isn't the owner of the Phoenix MetroFlex a member here? Josh Barnett? Maybe there is more than one Josh Barnett in the industry and I am getting them mixed up, though.

Well if it's Josh Barnett the UFC fighter, he could stand to spend more time in the gym working off the baby huey weight.

Ronnie coleman is coming out to get the doors opened for us, and the last time CT Fletcher did that for a opening , the line was 4 hours long and the gym signed 400 people.
CT Fletcher should do infomercials. That dude has a winner's personality. I don't know if he's always "on" like that but he sure seems to be in his Youtube videos. Whatever he charged, I'm sure he was worth it.

CT Fletcher should do infomercials. That dude has a winner's personality. I don't know if he's always "on" like that but he sure seems to be in his Youtube videos. Whatever he charged, I'm sure he was worth it.

yea CT is the shit but Ronnie is more popular out here. I dont want to fly CT from Cali anyway. this is already a big check to get ronnie lol

Well if it's Josh Barnett the UFC fighter, he could stand to spend more time in the gym working off the baby huey weight.

It is a different Josh Barnett

I have a friend interested in pursuing a deal with Metroflex Gym and I am pretty sure there is one or two guys on here who have bought a Metroflex franchise.
We would really appreciate it if we could reach out to you and learn from your experience.
Thank you,
-JS

You need to call Brian Dobson in Arlington, Texas. 817-465-9331

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members