over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training split

Back
Legs
Chest
off
Arms, adductors, calves, back(low volume-2-4 sets)

I am torn between JPs programs, Fortitude, or the classic 2-way DC. They all built off the last so I am conflicted as to which to try, DC has the most info available but the other two seem very interesting.

I am completely overthinking training but I think I'd be better off to go with something tried and true.
How many days do you want to train per week? DC is 3x. Fortitude is 4x. JP is EOD (for full body).

Sun am cardio 1 hr, pm delts
Mon am cardio 1 hr, pm tris
Tue am cardio 1 hr, pm bis
Wed am cardio 1 hr, pm OFF
Thu am cardio 1 hr, pm Chest
Fri am cardio 1 hr, pm back
Sat OFF
All cardio is fasted 2-3 hrs after GH...

Yeah, no dedicated leg day. I'm lucky to have naturally thick legs & calfs. The cardio keeps them looking good. If I looked unbalanced I'd throw them back in the mix but honestly don't need to. Not until I get above 240-250 anyway.

How many days do you want to train per week? DC is 3x. Fortitude is 4x. JP is EOD (for full body).

I’m trying JPs high frequency progressive overload. Basically old school push/pull 4x a week.

Idk if he was drunk when he wrote this, but it’s almost impossible to finish. Like one of the push days…..

3 chest, 2 shoulder, 1 tricep movment…..all rest paused…and 1 shoulder and the tricep exercise is a 4-mini set rest pause. THEN you go do topset+ back off for 3 quad exercises, then guess what? A rest pause adductor, and a rest pause calf.

It was terrible. I was at the gym for every bit of two hours.

Going with Fortitude just because I like a consistent schedule, I have other athletic hobbies and I have to in decent running shape for work.
I’m trying JPs high frequency progressive overload. Basically old school push/pull 4x a week.

Idk if he was drunk when he wrote this, but it’s almost impossible to finish. Like one of the push days…..

3 chest, 2 shoulder, 1 tricep movment…..all rest paused…and 1 shoulder and the tricep exercise is a 4-mini set rest pause. THEN you go do topset+ back off for 3 quad exercises, then guess what? A rest pause adductor, and a rest pause calf.

Yeah I was looking at even his "basic" full body stuff, sure its one set but at about a dozen exercises all requiring warm ups and racking/unracking it must be at least two hours.

I know what you’re referring to. I’ve seen that e-book. At the time it seemed he was experimenting with combining DC, Fortitude, and higher volume stuff. I had a subscription to his site at the time and none of the athletes or clients were training like that. I don’t even think he offers that e-book on his site anymore. I tried some of it; the four mini-set rest-pauses and the triple drops. It’s not sustainable. I'd recommend something else.

He does often change his mind on things too. His official e-book has the upper/lower as three days a week, but in his most recent YouTube series he went back to recommending it as a two on, one off.

Powerlifting split:

Monday: Bench, pecs, lats, biceps, triceps
Tuesday: Squat and leg accessories, strongman event
Wednesday: Back and biceps
Thursday: Shoulder Press, Tricep dominant bench variation (CG, JM press, board press, Kaz press, etc), shoulder+tri accessories
Friday: Deadlifts, farmer carries, back/lats, leg accessories

Should hit 750 squat, 500 bench, 750 deadlift within the next couple of months

Powerlifting split:

Thursday: Shoulder Press, Tricep dominant bench variation (CG, JM press, board press, Kaz press, etc), shoulder+tri accessories

Awesome

What does your bench volume look like ?

I know what you’re referring to. I’ve seen that e-book. At the time it seemed he was experimenting with combining DC, Fortitude, and higher volume stuff. I had a subscription to his site at the time and none of the athletes or clients were training like that. I don’t even think he offers that e-book on his site anymore. I tried some of it; the four mini-set rest-pauses and the triple drops. It’s not sustainable. I'd recommend something else.

He does often change his mind on things too. His official e-book has the upper/lower as three days a week, but in his most recent YouTube series he went back to recommending it as a two on, one off.

Agreed
Powerlifting split:

Do you read Andy baker by chance his Kentucky program is extremely similar.

Bench and accessoeies
Squat pattern work, a little ham hypertrophy
Back day- bodybuilding style
Off
OHP and then variation bench (I love slingshot work here)
Deadlift+ a little extra leg work
Off

Core movements wave 8s, 5s, 2s, reset and repeat, Deload 7th week

Doing uht now and amaze how great this stuff is. Never trained that little and growing so fast.

EOD at minimum

DL or Squat up to 1-3 rep max effort set
Press movement up to 5-10 max effort set

Doing uht now and amaze how great this stuff is. Never trained that little and growing so fast.
That and RazorCuts were before my time. I remember going through old threads and I don't think he left on good terms. The program was also very similar to Hernon and Dante's workouts. Are you doing the original or one of the other two versions?

No the first one where you have chest shoulders triceps one day back traps biceps second day and legs on third day. I train only 4 days in a week and results are nothing short of amazing.

I'm tired of hurting shit. Shoulder, back, knees. tendons. Just tried a total body routine with all pinned machines. Probably the best pump I've had in a long time. Going to switch to a 3 day split. Somewhat like a fortitude style and see how it goes.

Awesome

What does your bench volume look like ?
Thanks brother, it’s a little unorthodox but it’s been working great.
For max strength on bench, I like doing a lot of sets versus a lot of reps. Still accumulate a lot of volume but with heavier weight, and you get more “first rep”s, which for powerlifting, the one rep max is what it’s all about. I love doing 10 sets of 3 versus 3 sets of 10 for example. I don’t go to failure, leaving 1-2 reps in the tank, and add weight each week. I deload every 4th week

Typical bench workout:
Bench 10x3
DB incline chest supported rows: 10x8
Db floor flyes: 3x15
Lat pulldowns: 8x12 with 20 seconds rest (cluster set)
Db rolling tri ext: 8x8
Ez bar curls: 3x8

With the way things are going I should be at 500 by mid June at 220bw

Agreed

Do you read Andy baker by chance his Kentucky program is extremely similar.

Bench and accessoeies
Squat pattern work, a little ham hypertrophy
Back day- bodybuilding style
Off
OHP and then variation bench (I love slingshot work here)
Deadlift+ a little extra leg work
Off

Core movements wave 8s, 5s, 2s, reset and repeat, Deload 7th week
You know, this is kind of crazy because I have never heard of this guy but that is my exact routine! I don’t do the progression that way but the set up is the same.

You know, this is kind of crazy because I have never heard of this guy but that is my exact routine! I don’t do the progression that way but the set up is the same.

Ha well I read your split and was like well damn he probably has Andy’s books lol

It works well. I was quite fatigued at the end of upper body days on an upper lower split. The pulling movements were half assed pull downs and dumbell rows and I was ready to go the fuck home.

A dedicated back day really makes sense

Going with Fortitude just because I like a consistent schedule, I have other athletic hobbies and I have to in decent running shape for work.

Yeah I was looking at even his "basic" full body stuff, sure its one set but at about a dozen exercises all requiring warm ups and racking/unracking it must be at least two hours.

Full body, 3X per week.

An hour, no problemo.

Stay focused, don’t fuck around, talk to people, admire yourself in the mirror; move briskly between the exercises, and keep your rest between sets at about 30 secs, legs about a minute. And this is two exercises per body part, 1 - 2, never more 3 sets per exercise. Train smart, figure things out, how you can work opposing body parts back to back, look for open machines / exercises (this will give you all the variety you need), etc. This young man I am training now is does this and he is growing like a weed.

Am not saying it is easy, it never is, but you will adapt.

Full body, 3X per week.

An hour, no problemo.

Stay focused, don’t fuck around, talk to people, admire yourself in the mirror; move briskly between the exercises, and keep your rest between sets at about 30 secs, legs about a minute. And this is two exercises per body part, 1 - 2, never more 3 sets per exercise. Train smart, figure things out, how you can work opposing body parts back to back, look for open machines / exercises (this will give you all the variety you need), etc. This young man I am training now is does this and he is growing like a weed.

Am not saying it is easy, it never is, but you will adapt.
I didn’t realize the trainabilty of focus. I ended up going with Fortitude which is effectively full body 4x a week, with alternating upper and lower focus. I still think JPs full body is another level of focus but I am now sold on full body training, at least for beginners.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nopko
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131