over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A little help with training split

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My work schedule has gotten weird and i am trying to get a routine set in stone. I have been doing Push/pull/legs on my off days, but i am not liking the infrequency and not having set days.

Monday: off
Tuesday: work
wed: work
thurs: off
friday: off
Sat: work
sun: work
Mon: off
Tues: off
thur: off
friday: work
saturday: work
sunday: off

Repeat......During the week, the gym opens at 5am, and i have to clock in at 6:30. So work day lifts needs to be abbreviated, or face paced. I work 12s, and its usually more like 13 and 1/2s because my unit is a shit show. On the weekends, my gym is not open untill 8am, so cant go to the big gym, but work does have like a knock- off bowflex, adjustable bench with dumbells that go to 50lbs, and one of those 1 inch barbells with 150lbs of 1 inch plates. I have also contemplated just doing an upper/lower and just training on off days, as that would be 7 sessions in two weeks, but i like being in the gym more, and i just dont have as much fun with an upper lower split.

I was thinking like a Back/chest+shoulder/legs/arms (something like john meadows gama bomb) because an arm day is very doable at the work gym. I really struggle with leg days before a shift, its so hard to nail all the meals and whole food is lacking at work. Many times its oats and whey chugged as fast as i can.

Any ideas on how you would set your week up?

Damn! That’s rough! Honestly, if it were me I’d only hit the gym on your off days. You get quite a few of them. Then I’d grow my dumbbell collection at the house (I love my collection lol). It’s so convenient and I can do just about anything with it. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the gym though. That work gym sounds pretty light and it might just be a waste of your time and energy. Looks like you get 3 days off every week maybe 4 sometimes. A 13 and a half hour day + the gym would just be too taxing and a no go for me. However, just going straight to the house, cleaning up and then hitting the home gym is crazy relaxing for me. No traffic, no waiting on equipment, it’s just there! Turn up the jams and kill it!

That's a rough schedule, only thing I can say... whatever routine you do factor in stress/recovery/sleep. Optimization of the split IMO is less important than finding a split that allows you to train hard, not rush, and feel recovered.

Damn! That’s rough! Honestly, if it were me I’d only hit the gym on your off days. You get quite a few of them. Then I’d grow my dumbbell collection at the house (I love my collection lol). It’s so convenient and I can do just about anything with it. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the gym though. That work gym sounds pretty light and it might just be a waste of your time and energy. Looks like you get 3 days off every week maybe 4 sometimes. A 13 and a half hour day + the gym would just be too taxing and a no go for me. However, just going straight to the house, cleaning up and then hitting the home gym is crazy relaxing for me. No traffic, no waiting on equipment, it’s just there! Turn up the jams and kill it!

I have definitely contemplated getting a select-tech DB set and I could have an arm/shoulder day in my garage

I have definitely contemplated getting a select-tech DB set and I could have an arm/shoulder day in my garage
I have the Bowflex 1090’s. They’re gonna be a bust if you don’t swap out the plastic discs!!!! If you so much as drop them while 10” off the floor you’ll break a disc rendering the dumbbell useless. Those discs get expensive.

Luckily there’s a fix. You can purchase an aluminum set for both dumbbells to make the droppable. I believe I spent $250 for the upgrade. I have all the information. This upgrade is NOT through Bowflex. Instead some engineer that was tired of breaking discs made them and got support from me and others to mass produce his invention.

Cage

I know/understand how good it feels working out all the time, but you are better off taking days off, in your case it's perfect,. You don't do your work outs on your work days and you don't have to feel guilty about it! I would choose upper and lower plus arms and shoulders in your smaller gym.
I should add that for me, i just can't do much else after my work outs, maybe because i try to go all out? So i could never do my work outs before work.

It’s probably gonna feel different, but go bro split for a minute Juggy and see how u feel.

Working EST hours, living west coast AND having a new baby, my gym times needs to be quick and hard. A single bodypart kind of allows me to do that. I basically do the John Meadows Creepinf Death setup.

Legs
Chest
Off
Back
Off
Shoulders
Arms
Repeat

If I have time I’ll add more frequency on certain body parts at the very end.

Fortitude family man?

You could also just do an U/L and every day that you train it just rotates
Wk 1 U/L/U
wk 2 L/U/L

your schedule automatically parses it out that way if you look at like this:

Monday: off U
thurs: off L
friday: off U
Mon: off L
Tues: off U
thur: off L
sunday: off U

you can do an intensity overlay of LLMH that rotates if you don't want to use the same set rep schemes for the day.s That said, the layout I just listed is more than enough volume and frequency to maintain and make gains as long as your intensity is solid

My work schedule has gotten weird and i am trying to get a routine set in stone. I have been doing Push/pull/legs on my off days, but i am not liking the infrequency and not having set days.

Monday: off
thurs: off
friday: off
Mon: off
Tues: off
thur: off
sunday: off

Repeat......During the week, the gym opens at 5am, and i have to clock in at 6:30. So work day lifts needs to be abbreviated, or face paced. I work 12s, and its usually more like 13 and 1/2s because my unit is a shit show. On the weekends, my gym is not open untill 8am, so cant go to the big gym, but work does have like a knock- off bowflex, adjustable bench with dumbells that go to 50lbs, and one of those 1 inch barbells with 150lbs of 1 inch plates. I have also contemplated just doing an upper/lower and just training on off days, as that would be 7 sessions in two weeks, but i like being in the gym more, and i just dont have as much fun with an upper lower split.

I was thinking like a Back/chest+shoulder/legs/arms (something like john meadows gama bomb) because an arm day is very doable at the work gym. I really struggle with leg days before a shift, its so hard to nail all the meals and whole food is lacking at work. Many times its oats and whey chugged as fast as i can.

Any ideas on how you would set your week up?

Why isn't the upper / lower split FUN?

Why do you struggle with leg days before your shift?

Agreed, meals (real) are tough. It is just another filter; wheat from chaff.

Join the Tupperware Club. Problem solved.

It's all about attitude / planning . . . training and food.

It may not be fun or easy. Not supposed to be.

You can do this.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan