over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite training split thread

I'm the opposite...I complicate things as much as possible haha. But I love it so it works.
Currently alternating a high volume week (bro split) training 5 days/week, with the following week backing off the sets, upping the intensity and consolidating all training to 4 days.
Been working really well on this prep with the alternation of a high volume week followed by a higher intensity week.
Also allows me to switch up the exercises on alternating weeks. I really enjoy the variety.
I'm known for doing this, overcomplicating stuff lol.

For those of us who do out of habit but deep down wish we didn't lats post on this thread talks about the complete opposite approach some guys take. The beauty of simplicity...just walk in look in the mirror pick a part or two and kill it

Mon push
Tues legs
Wed off
Thurs pull
Fri weak body parts & shoulders
Sat off
Sun off

Since an year i do:
1) Back + Rear Shoulders
2) Shoulders and Tris
3) Hamstrings
4) Rest
5) Chest and Bis
6) Quads
7) Rest

I like this split more than a PUSH, PULL, LEGS, ARMS.

Favorite was when I was training more OLs. Squat 3x a week and tons of dynamic pulling. Sprint work as well (not 100% but 80-90ish usually).

These days just basic body part split to keep sessions short and so I can increase frequency. Base is all Barbell compounds and I'll use dumbells/cables/machines around them:

Chest/shoulders/tri
Back/bi
Legs

Off days I do core, shoulder pehab, cardio, sled, etc. I stretch (nothing crazy) and loosen up daily. Cardio is sled, rower, treadmill or whatever - winter narrows that.

I may change it up for periods or throw in an OL day (hasn't happened in a while) but that's been my base for a few years. Weekly schedule is usually 5am home gym. I travel some for work and have kids so I need to be flexible.

People who use a bro split do you prefer 5 on 3 off or splitting rest days?

I'll be the weirdo...I've now stuck with full body almost a year and I love it. I don't think I'll go back. I do 6 movements total each day and one set to failure. I train 5-7 days a week sometimes going 10+ days in a row. It actually ends up being pretty high volume when you look at how the reps are done (4-5 second eccentric / 4-5 second concentric) and with the weight I use you are pretty much at an RPE 8 at rep 1. Most sets are 6-9 reps so a grand total of 60-90ish seconds of extraordinarily high tension.

There are a few things I like...I am coming back from basically being off everything for a year and the last 6-8 months like this has given me frequency that I think is helpful, at least for now. The second is I don't have any useless reps. The entire training session, every rep, all the time is a productive, hard rep. The final one is...you literally cannot get injured and this has singlehandedly gotten rid of and rehabbed every injury I had.

People who use a bro split do you prefer 5 on 3 off or splitting rest days?
Personally I train 5 x per week. Saturday is set as a day off as I have other commitments but the 2nd day off is just 1 day through the week when I feel I need it.

I'm a fan of JM's original Creeping Death setup.
5 days of training feels perfect for me personally.
4 days in the offseason i think is super beneficial for recovery, but i just love being in the gym.

Legs
Chest/Shoulders
Off
Back
Off
Touch up Upper body (this can be a body part that needs a bit more frequency)
Arms
Repeat

Around the start of the summer I switched from 5 day split to 3 day legs, push, pull, and it’s been a boon for my strength & size.

I'm a fan of JM's original Creeping Death setup.
5 days of training feels perfect for me personally.
4 days in the offseason i think is super beneficial for recovery, but i just love being in the gym.

Legs
Chest/Shoulders
Off
Back
Off
Touch up Upper body (this can be a body part that needs a bit more frequency)
Arms
Repeat
I like this👆
Currently I'm doing:
Upper
Lower
Off
Back/shoulders
Legs
Chest/arms
Really trying to focus more on chest & quads,both need more growth than other body parts..

PPL

Mon: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Tues: Back/Bi's
Wed Off
Thurs: Legs
Fri: Off
Sat: Chest/SHoulders/Tris
Sun: OFF

Mon: Back/Bi's....

....and so on.

I'll be the weirdo...I've now stuck with full body almost a year and I love it. I don't think I'll go back. I do 6 movements total each day and one set to failure. I train 5-7 days a week sometimes going 10+ days in a row. It actually ends up being pretty high volume when you look at how the reps are done (4-5 second eccentric / 4-5 second concentric) and with the weight I use you are pretty much at an RPE 8 at rep 1. Most sets are 6-9 reps so a grand total of 60-90ish seconds of extraordinarily high tension.

There are a few things I like...I am coming back from basically being off everything for a year and the last 6-8 months like this has given me frequency that I think is helpful, at least for now. The second is I don't have any useless reps. The entire training session, every rep, all the time is a productive, hard rep. The final one is...you literally cannot get injured and this has singlehandedly gotten rid of and rehabbed every injury I had.

So do you switch up the exercises each workout ?

When you have a chance can you post up what a few days in a row would look like ?

Day 1 full body, lower body lower reps, upper body high rep pump sets
Off
Day 3 full body, upper body lower reps, lower body high rep pump sets
Off
Day 5 Lower body Muscle rounds
Day 6 Upper body Muscle rounds
Day 7 off.........
Look familiar????

So do you switch up the exercises each workout ?

When you have a chance can you post up what a few days in a row would look like ?

Will do...I was going to make a thread about it. @b-boy turned me on to it and I've loved it. I do rotate...sometimes. Sometimes I keep going if I'm progressing and will literally do the same movements 5 days in a row. I was also at a point where I think super high frequency was something my body was ready for. Maybe this is a forever thing, or maybe not. There are a food good threads but I was going to make one as well.

Will do...I was going to make a thread about it. @b-boy turned me on to it and I've loved it. I do rotate...sometimes. Sometimes I keep going if I'm progressing and will literally do the same movements 5 days in a row. I was also at a point where I think super high frequency was something my body was ready for. Maybe this is a forever thing, or maybe not. There are a food good threads but I was going to make one as well.

Ya that’s awesome

I find that style training interesting

At the moment im training my whole body over 2 days with a break day whenever needed.

I just dont feel the need to do more then a few (working) sets per bodypart with my lifestyle

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear