over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting Shoes

Pardon the ignorance but why would one want such a huge heel toe drop?

I switched to Vivo barefeet shoes a few years back, it’s had a palpable impact on my performance

Pardon the ignorance but why would one want such a huge heel toe drop?

I switched to Vivo barefeet shoes a few years back, it’s had a palpable impact on my performance
Keeps me from pressing with my toes. Similar to what @bbxtreme mentioned above when using plates under his feet - same concept. Problem is you can’t use plates like that on leg presses or hack squats. I need something to ensure I press with my heel.

View attachment 192463

I bought those Adidas Powerlifting Shoes over a decade ago. Still look good. I like the heel lift, and I don't find the toe box too small (I walk around barefoot or with barefoot shoes, so my toes are wide as fuck).
I just wear 'em on Leg Days though. Don't even remember the price, they were not expensive. Worth the investment, looks like those shoes last me until am 6 feet under 😂
Same… I have the originals from when they first came out. Only used on leg day but have held up well. As another guy mentioned, they are a bit narrow in the toe area but not terrible and the heel rise has kept my knees fairly happy.

An ex bought them for me…. They were bright yellow, not my style so I sharpied them black and cut that strap off. These are at least 15 years old.

Tried the Nike’s at one point but didn’t like them.

Attachments

• IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 10
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I just workout in my running shoes so that when I'm done I can just go run the trail outside. I can't squat or deadlift anymore due to ACDF surgery so I don't think the lack of a specialized lifting shoe limits me too much.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I just workout in my running shoes so that when I'm done I can just go run the trail outside. I can't squat or deadlift anymore due to ACDF surgery so I don't think the lack of a specialized lifting shoe limits me too much.
Lol you’re not gonna get flamed. That makes sense. Do what works for you. My problem is when I press with my toes on super heavy weight I always end up getting close to rupturing my vastus medialis.

Been wearing Adidas OL shoes for decades. Tried Do Winn early on once, mistake. Enough heel but not too much. Never tried the Nikes but look solid. For flat I use Chucks.

Jump boots.

When I could and did squat I never felt better and squatted (and deadlifted) better than when I wore lace up paratrooper boots.

Jump boots.

When I could and did squat I never felt better and squatted (and deadlifted) better than when I wore lace up paratrooper boots.
Forgot . . . works good on all but calf raises.

Jump boots.

Probably look dead sexy in them to lol

Half the time I wear my work clothes to the gym. All these kids have there gym sharks on.. I'm wearing dickies lol

Especially the kids, where I’m at at least
yes, they walk around the whole gym without shoes as if they were at home... I can't digest this very much, sorry.

I can also understand doing squats...but when I see them barefoot to train biceps...:unsure:

Half the time I wear my work clothes to the gym. All these kids have there gym sharks on.. I'm wearing dickies lol
Barbarian Brothers.

In the meantime flex your toes up and back and keep them up off the platform

When they drop a 25/35/45 on their foot, they will learn. Self correcting mechanism.

Need something for leg day. I love wearing my J’s to the gym but I have flat as fuck feet and terrible ankle flexion. Biggest issue is I have a tough time using my heel versus pressing with my toes on various squats and presses. For those of y’all that wear them any recommendations? I was eye balling these:

@slesh I’ll let you know how I like these. I ordered a pair just because they look sick in white. 😂

@slesh I’ll let you know how I like these. I ordered a pair just because they look sick in white. 😂
Perfect - the Nikes arrive tomorrow. If they’re too narrow I wanna try those TYRs. I wanted the all blacks but they’re out of 11.5s 😩.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Beans12
NapsGear