over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

135lbs squats leg pic

nice gun. Sprinfields are nice! I have a taurus 1911 .45, and a mossberg 590 mariner 12 guage. Im always looking to add to the collection, its just expensive sometimes....

I think I am acid

Is this thread just a little bit odd? 135 lb squats and handguns all rapped up in one.

Glocks and Sigs only for me

Great legs doug1.

thanks for compliments. i did only 135 lbs today, havent done squats in years and 135 probably doesn't count as "doing squats". now i did go down to my heels and try and feel the weight and not just move it. by about the 9th set(total of 12) i have to say i was only get about 10-12 reps...hehe

So you haven’t done squats in years . . . so what do you ‘do’ for your legs and calves now?

How does having the light on it affect balance of the gun?

Old thread but weight doesn't matter. Execution and range of motion does. Weight comes along over time.

Squatting with 200lb because "thats called a squat" is the reason why most people don't have legs. Quality, not quantity.

So you haven’t done squats in years . . . so what do you ‘do’ for your legs and calves now?

You crazy nut! Do you realize how old this thread is!? LMAO
I think I had a sore lower back during that time and laid off squats, the wife was actually going to the gym with me on a regular basis. So I would have been doing leg extensions and leg press. I also had a vertical leg press at the house that I used a lot as well as a leg extensions machine. Both of those are gone now. So I've been doing plenty of squating the last few years. Did them today actually.
What I have been doing a lot of lately, since I train 95% of the time at home, is pre exhaustion. I'll do 4 sets of sissy squats, 4 sets of lunges with dumbells(one leg at a time). Then 4 sets of back squats. This keeps me from having to use too much weight and bother my lower back. I know I'm a sissy, I have been using either 225 or 245 for the squat. I train them on Tuesday and Saturday. Except this last Tues I didn't have the juice to train at all, the heat here in Florida has still been brutal. I mixed it up today and did 5 sets of front squats (ass to grass), with just 135(don't laugh!) then I did 4 sets of back sqauts with 225. I read on here that Lee Haney said to put your feet closer to hit the teardrop, so thats what I did today, good workout.

The light is no longer on that gun, it has a laser and a 30 round magazine. That is in my daughter's room, in case some dumbass wants to try and take advantage of her, lol.

I had to check my eyesight when I saw that thread on page one. :p

You are correct . . . guilty as charged :eek:

And thanks for the lengthy reply. All good info.

Now is the time to post another foto, no? ;)

Last edited:
Oct 2013, that's the most recent pic I have. So 3 years old. You guys are very kind to me on here. There are some very impressive physiques on this board. I feel very privileged to have learned so much here, thanks guys, for all the input.

photo (21) copy.JPG

nice quads still....for an old man....

:)

Nice legs man. Ill throw in on the 135lb squat thread

WqSX89l.jpg

sxjrbKL.jpg

Oct 2013, that's the most recent pic I have. So 3 years old. You guys are very kind to me on here. There are some very impressive physiques on this board. I feel very privileged to have learned so much here, thanks guys, for all the input.

View attachment 86694

damn it doug1 put some pants on.

P.S.

i guess you best get a Glock, since they ignore the Springfield and are now referencing you as Glock Leg.

only 9mm as wife and 14 year old shoot too....(springfield xd chosen at recomendation of Gunsmith and some others on this board, thanks guys)

What do you think of that grip safety? I haven't shot an XD yet but it seems like just as many people think it's a bad idea as those who really like the XD.

What do you think of that grip safety? I haven't shot an XD yet but it seems like just as many people think it's a bad idea as those who really like the XD.

Ive owned and completed classes with my xdm, and I never had an issue with the safety mechanism. Whenever I was prepared to handle the firearm I always had a "ready" grip. I like the ergonomics of the Springfield. Weirdly enough, I also like how the g19 feels too. Only modification I make to every handgun is talon grips. Other than that, I like the grips on both equally.

I'd take an xdm over a glock anyday. They just feel better in my hand for some reason. Grip saftey is a non issue for me but I carry a 1911 so...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity