over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

20 year old son just started training

3 months in and the last two months all of our training sessions have been together. 3 day split 5 days a week. He hasn’t missed one session. Up 10lbs and strength steadily climbing across the board. Super cool for me to be a part of 🙏

View attachment 194273View attachment 194274

That's awesome and it's great you're getting him empirical data to go off so early. No kids for me but you're living one of my dreams by teaching yours the ways of the iron!

SCMTNBOY- God bless you for giving your son the space to find his own path, and for being at the ready to shepherd him along his way, as soon as he recognized that he would benefit from your wisdom and help. You represent the best kind of father. Your children are very lucky!

Your perspective and actions reminds me of a famous poem:

On Children: By Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Couple Clips from yesterday and today. Strength keeps going up pretty much every workout. I know that’s somewhat to be expected for an untrained 20 year old male who now is training 5 days a week under full supervision but it’s still really fun to watch. I keep telling him it’s going to slow down real quick at some point 😂 On the days when the weight or reps doesn’t go up we will usually add a back off set just to make some some sort of progression for the day.

Couple Clips from yesterday and today. Strength keeps going up pretty much every workout. I know that’s somewhat to be expected for an untrained 20 year old male who now is training 5 days a week under full supervision but it’s still really fun to watch. I keep telling him it’s going to slow down real quick at some point 😂 On the days when the weight or reps doesn’t go up we will usually add a back off set just to make some some sort of progression for the day.

Great videos,,,Thanks for sharing!

We started just less than 4 months ago. He hasn’t skipped one workout (5 days a week) been eating exactly what I tell him and he’s up 20lbs (pretty much all muscle). I told him I didn’t care what time of day or if he had clothes on (there is a scale next to Tim he desk where he works) that the first time he steps on that scale and it starts with a “2” to send me a pic. This was midday today. It’s been so much fun and everybody at my gym is so pumped for him it’s really cool. He’s literally used to go to the childcare there, then he started working there and now he trains with me 🙏 7FEFF090-A150-4A74-AADB-E8EAE84D62F4.jpeg

That great and the way he's going he's gonna make you look small soon enough, lol.

We started just less than 4 months ago. He hasn’t skipped one workout (5 days a week) been eating exactly what I tell him and he’s up 20lbs (pretty much all muscle). I told him I didn’t care what time of day or if he had clothes on (there is a scale next to Tim he desk where he works) that the first time he steps on that scale and it starts with a “2” to send me a pic. This was midday today. It’s been so much fun and everybody at my gym is so pumped for him it’s really cool. He’s literally used to go to the childcare there, then he started working there and now he trains with me 🙏View attachment 195724
Love to see this I have been taking my 15 for about a year and he is making great progress.💪💪💪

Just wanted to share this story because it has me real happy. My oldest kid who is 20 has literally been going to the gym his whole life from 3 months old in the gym day care until he was old enough to stay home alone. Then when he was 18 he got a job at the gym I go to whick he knows the owners really well because they are good friends with me. It’s really cool because I see him most days he works and get to visit a little extra with him. All the youngsters that work there are serious into gym culture and that’s why they got the job there. They of course were always asking him why he didn’t work out and he just wasn’t really interested in it. For the past two years they all tried to get him to train but he wasn’t into it. I know as a parent you can only set an example and it’s up to them what they chose to do. About a month ago some of the kids there told me he had said he thought he was ready to start. I of course didn’t say anything to him and kind of figured he wouldn’t want to do it with me which I was totally fine with. Well he text me a few weeks ago saying he wanted to start and was wondering if I could help him.

We have been training the last 2 weeks 3 times per week. Full body each time getting him comfortable with all the machines and doing some different variations on stuff like lat pull etc. Keeping it very mellow (anyone can wreck and cripple someone new to training). Going to meet him tomorrow at 8:45 for an hour before his 10am shift. Definitely something I feel very blessed to get to do 🙏
Man cherish the time you spend together.
My son who is only 11 now used to go and do body weight exercises while I trained. Then walk on treadmill with me.
Now his mother is remarried and he lives 2 hrs from me and I haven’t seen him in 1.5 years. I’ve tried in court 6 times in 2023 to get him and the judge refuses to allow it. He won’t hardly return my calls and text.
Just enjoy every minute with him. Sorry for the personal story. It just hurts.

SCMTNBOY- God bless you for giving your son the space to find his own path, and for being at the ready to shepherd him along his way, as soon as he recognized that he would benefit from your wisdom and help. You represent the best kind of father. Your children are very lucky!

Your perspective and actions reminds me of a famous poem:

On Children: By Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
khalil had the sufi mysteries on lock, great philosopher

My son who is only 11 now used to go and do body weight exercises while I trained. Then walk on treadmill with me.
Now his mother is remarried and he lives 2 hrs from me and I haven’t seen him in 1.5 years. I’ve tried in court 6 times in 2023 to get him and the judge refuses to allow it. He won’t hardly return my calls and text.
never give up bro, i know at least for me cali is a mother favored state, I have spent 40k in court only to be awarded 49.99%, with character letters from police and city council , doctors etc they don't care, half the time the judge doesn't read the character letters.

she disobeys court orders and visitation constantly and dares me to bring her back to court

your son will return to you brother, I am sure you planted excellent seeds, but please never give up, send him little positivity quotes anything you can in the interim to keep his mind in the right place

hearing shit like this makes me tear up. I was that kid who needed his dad around. My life would have taken a far different course. I have made peace with my bio dad in adult life, he's a multi millionaire, has a grandson (my son), and still doesn't give a flying fuck, and he only lives 30 min away, no birthday calls nothing to my son, at least DO OVER with my son that was my only wish for him, but hoping is a fools errand!

best wishes

Great stuff. I have a 14 and 15 year old that have been training. Took them to a boxing gym about an hour a way for a few months when I was injured off work. They insisted for months they still want to do it so signing them up at a place down the street. My girl doesn't understand and we constantly busy balls. They always tell me they will be able to kick my ass and out lift me me in a year or two. Of coarse I tell them they will never top me. The reality is as you know as a dad. Seeing them succeed and surpass us is the greatest feeling ever. Far better then any accomplishment we do ourselves. I bust there balls but want them to surpass me financially, physically, emotional stabablitlu, etc. sorry for rambling on but I know what your feeling to degree. Plus I'm not a successful bodybuilder or anything. But the fact they are willing to learn and I have a chance to pass on 25 years of knowledge on health and strength training feels great too. Enjoy it my man. I can't thing of too many more things in life more satisfying then what you got going right now

I’m sorry brother and please don’t apologize. I know this is ProMuscle and the focus is in elite bodybuilding but we are a community too. I’ve never had to deal with custody stuff but splitting from my kids mom 12 years ago was and has been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through. I don’t ever try to put myself in someone else’s shoes and I come from a school of thought that I don’t give advice I only share my own experience. If I don’t have any experience in a subject I got nothing to share. I hope that someday sooner than later you are able to be reconnected. I am 27 years in recovery with and have witnessed tons of estranged parents reunited with their kids. These people I knew just kept their head down doing the next right thing and making sure to not give up and show up whenever they can for their loved ones. I honestly can’t imagine but I really do feel for you bro.

Great stuff. I have a 14 and 15 year old that have been training. Took them to a boxing gym about an hour a way for a few months when I was injured off work. They insisted for months they still want to do it so signing them up at a place down the street. My girl doesn't understand and we constantly busy balls. They always tell me they will be able to kick my ass and out lift me me in a year or two. Of coarse I tell them they will never top me. The reality is as you know as a dad. Seeing them succeed and surpass us is the greatest feeling ever. Far better than any accomplishment we do ourselves. I bust there balls but want them to surpass me financially, physically, emotional stabablitlu, etc. sorry for rambling on but I know what you’re feeling to degree. Plus I'm not a successful bodybuilder or anything. But the fact they are willing to learn and I have a chance to pass on 25 years of knowledge on health and strength training feels great too. Enjoy it my man. I can't thing of too many more things in life more satisfying then what you got going right now
Absolutely bro. My kid is in his second year of JC getting all A’s studying computer science. I was just getting clean off heroin at his exact age. He doesn’t even like to drink LOL and I’ve never told him not to. I’ve just been what I hope is a good example of someone genuine, honest, hardworking and kind 🙏

never give up bro, i know at least for me cali is a mother favored state, I have spent 40k in court only to be awarded 49.99%, with character letters from police and city council , doctors etc they don't care, half the time the judge doesn't read the character letters.

she disobeys court orders and visitation constantly and dares me to bring her back to court

your son will return to you brother, I am sure you planted excellent seeds, but please never give up, send him little positivity quotes anything you can in the interim to keep his mind in the right place

hearing shit like this makes me tear up. I was that kid who needed his dad around. My life would have taken a far different course. I have made peace with my bio dad in adult life, he's a multi millionaire, has a grandson (my son), and still doesn't give a flying fuck, and he only lives 30 min away, no birthday calls nothing to my son, at least DO OVER with my son that was my only wish for him, but hoping is a fools errand!

best wishes
Thank you man,
NC is the same way. Women seem to get the kids. All I ever ask for was 50/50 but she refused. Judge even ordered 50/50 but she never followed the order correctly and she just took him over a year ago. 6 times last year and he refused to hear it. Ive spent 20K with this BS till I couldn’t afford it anymore. Yes he knows his daddy’s heart, my values and how much I love him. Can’t wait till he wants to come back. Again thanks for your comment.

Thank you man,
NC is the same way. Women seem to get the kids. All I ever ask for was 50/50 but she refused. Judge even ordered 50/50 but she never followed the order correctly and she just took him over a year ago. 6 times last year and he refused to hear it. Ive spent 20K with this BS till I couldn’t afford it anymore. Yes he knows his daddy’s heart, my values and how much I love him. Can’t wait till he wants to come back. Again thanks for your comment.
brother, i am in exact same boat and def have some experience in this realm! anytime you need to vent or rant feel free to hmu, you have a friend in me! its going to work out my dude hang tough

I’m sorry brother and please don’t apologize. I know this is ProMuscle and the focus is in elite bodybuilding but we are a community too. I’ve never had to deal with custody stuff but splitting from my kids mom 12 years ago was and has been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through. I don’t ever try to put myself in someone else’s shoes and I come from a school of thought that I don’t give advice I only share my own experience. If I don’t have any experience in a subject I got nothing to share. I hope that someday sooner than later you are able to be reconnected. I am 27 years in recovery with and have witnessed tons of estranged parents reunited with their kids. These people I knew just kept their head down doing the next right thing and making sure to not give up and show up whenever they can for their loved ones. I honestly can’t imagine but I really do feel for you bro.
Thanks for your comment. We all have feelings and love our children. It means a lot to have strangers on a BB forum not clown one another because we all have real lives, family, and jobs. I know he knows my heart and my values. I know he loved me too. Just so ready to teach him to me a productive member of society and do right by people.
Thanks again buddy!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity