over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blake Wendt at 17 Years Old Benches 500

Wonder if Mike O'hern is going to show up with his shirt off and claim fake plates.
Man I’ve literally NEVER even once tried to see how much I could lift. Not bench, not on squats, not on Dead’s, none of em…. I just never saw a point in trying to get a 1 rep PR.

Maybe it’s because I’m not anything spectacular as far as strength goes. I am impressed by these youngsters pushing this extreme weight though.

Personally I don’t see a point unless you’re pursuing strongman competitions or powerlifting competitions. I may be an outlier….

To each their own… Just hate to see someone injure their self and have a long set back just to say they can lift X amount of weight.

Cage
Dude I only needed to max out in gym class in HS. I never did again after hs myself. Though having a high 1rep max is respectable I am more impressed by people who can do heavy weight for reps. Though I think I knew of 3 or 4 kids that could bench 405 raw at 18 ....this 500lbs is just nuts

felt that in my tendons lol

impressive, but kid is going to punch his train ticket to snap city

I felt that in my mediastinum (compartment in torso that contains heart). Bouncing 500 off your chest could result in tension pneumothorax, hemothorax, aortic rupture, or if timing just right, commotio cordis. Worked at a gym where a healthy young guy who always did that went home after his bench workout and died.

Man I almost feel bad for people that talk about how fit and strong they were in high school. As I'm sure it happens to many of us, people will make small talk about working out and refer back to high school and how they did xyz... (usually vastly over inflating what they really did) Like really? Your physical peak was in high school? Kinda sad.

It’s funny because I have caught myself telling people I could once do more specifically on bench press.
Then I remember unless you can do it now or maybe you have it on video nobody else cares what you use to be except for you.

felt that in my tendons lol

impressive, but kid is going to punch his train ticket to snap city
I think I broke my ribs watching that. Holy shit.
^^^his elbows look waaay flared out ..YIKES!!!!!

+he's got the three stooges spotting him

^^^on a positive note ..i did like 1 thing that they did
..which was to put some bands on the bench
..neat trick for keeping your shoulders pinched & glued to the bench for an arch that sticks

I could give that a green light.
^^^a "good" lift gets "white" lights ..3 of them

..if you get'em ..THEN your lift counts towards your total

Chad's son lifting so controlled was impressive. Holy shit. Strong lad!
^^^100% ..MUCH better lift than the OP's example

Worst thing everrr to hear lol

My new pet peeve is, “oh I get it, my husband/friend/dad/brother is built like you.”
Uh no, no they aren’t.
The inability of the masses to compare people they see every day with someone right in front of them is insane

“Yeah mah sons boutchersize* “

*4 inches shorter, 50lbs lighter, 15% more bodyfat

Just a couple of twins separated at birth

The inability of the masses to compare people they see every day with someone right in front of them is insane

“Yeah mah sons boutchersize* “

*4 inches shorter, 50lbs lighter, 15% more bodyfat

Just a couple of twins separated at birth
My favorite was when i was told i know a guy at work that is built like you except bigger. When i asked about where they worked they would tell me the shift and job where the big guy was and they were actually describing me to me. I guess i looked bigger in a tee-shirt at work!

I find it funny that I seem to be the status quo amongst people I know. They are either, bigger than me, smaller than me, about my size. Like its ok to comment on your size if you lift weights. Like I don't but could have a status quo fat person. That i could be like the dude is, fatter than you, not quite your size but still a total slob , or yea he's a fat dude about your size. You could use anyone you know of any body type and just drop these statements and then be like well you do it to me all the time I thought it would be ok. Would bet you don't see that person for a bit and would never hear that shit again! Of course I would never do this but I always imagine it when I hear this and laugh inside

My favorite was when i was told i know a guy at work that is built like you except bigger. When i asked about where they worked they would tell me the shift and job where the big guy was and they were actually describing me to me. I guess i looked bigger in a tee-shirt at work!
IMG_6180.gif

Hmmm friend of mine in high school did 550 2 times, no straps, no belt flat bench coach was right there steel plates. Not impressed and this was in the late 80's

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131